Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DNotes Trading Bot - Simple · Affordable · Effective  (Read 1010 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2019, 02:28:06 AM

Guys-add more exchanges.
And add another payment in other top coins-this option is considered?

Hi Vazan25, definitely plan to add more exchanges. Will take a little bit of time. We will just be accepting DNotes for now, as it is our primary motivation to build the bot as a demonstration for DNotesPay Software and get more people interested in trading and DNotes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 02:40:52 PM

I'm noticing a few glitches with Bittrex. I don't have time to report everything now. One thing is that the bot isn't showing fulfilled orders. Another glitch is that I have a bot that according to your program is active, but it's not showing up as an order on Bittrex and when I try to cancel it in the bot, it gives me this error message that I have to cancel it on the trading platform. I wonder if Bittrex has changed something that is affecting the bot? As far as I can tell it still works in the sense that it makes the trades. I'll keep an eye on things.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 04:09:13 PM

Update: Now it looks like when a standing order (that was assigned by the bot program) fills, the complementary order is not getting added. Instead the funds become available. I completely shut down my computer and restarted it and It's simply not reassigning those orders.

There's something about the way the bot talks to Bittrex that has changed. Can someone look into it please?
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 04:38:01 PM

Another update: my bot program is showing two orders as open orders even though Bittrex filled them. I went ahead and manually added the complementary order on Bittrex just to make sure I could take advantage of a market shift. However, I suspect that when those orders fill, the bot won't replace them. So, somehow Bittrex isn't communicating back to the bot once orders are actually filled to let the bot know to replace them.

I'm wondering if my API connection got corrupted or something. Maybe I should just make a new one? I don't want to try this until I get some advice.

Any other options I can try? I am actually bummed about this because I was starting to make plans around this program working reliably for me.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 08:47:42 PM

Looking more closely, it looks like it's gone at least several days without replacing my orders. So now I'm wondering if some of the files got corrupted on my hard drive (which has happened before) and if the best course of action might be to just uninstall it and then reinstall it from scratch and start all over. I'd also have to cancel all the orders on Bittrex and reenter them through the bot once it's all fresh.

Since that would take a while, I'd like to at least know that on other computers the bot is still working as expected with Bittrex before I set aside a block of time to do that.

So... how is the bot program running on Bittrex for other people?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 01:17:16 AM

Hey Wiser,

Checking through the markets I have setup, all of my orders have corresponding orders. Meaning that it appears to be working, but I have not created new corresponding in the last week (because the market didn't trigger a trade). It did however create replacement orders, for orders that were getting too old as late as yesterday.

Bittrex did not make any announcements regarding changes to the existing API structure: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200236600-News-and-Announcements
They did add a new feature on 6/26/2019, but that shouldn't impact existing API calls: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029636612-Changelist-06-26-2019

So let me setup some smaller orders in a tight range so I can test it over the next day or so and that will give me an idea of what the problem could be. I'll report back here shortly once I can confirm it is or isn't working on my end.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 01:49:07 AM

My immediate result is that it is working as intended. Created a bot that would be immediately filled when it hit the market, it created the order, filled it, and created the corresponding order. Not a complete test, but an initial result. I will continue to put up bots that should easily fill and allow it to react, that will give a more substantial test result.

In the meantime, here are some other possibilities to investigate.

-Make sure you have some additional coins for both markets you are trading, because of trading fees. Bittrex takes 0.25% commission on every trade. So you are trading BTC/DOGE make sure you have some BTC and some DOGE. For example if you sell 5000 DOGE, you actually get 4987.5 DOGE.

-Make sure your virus scanner or firewall isn't block the bot from communicating with bittrex.

-Try shutting off your bot for a day and start it back up. If that works, bittrex servers could be blocking you from making API calls. These blocks are usually temporary. (Unlikely as the bot tries to reduce API calls as much as possible)

-You could try moving all your bot files to another PC. Copy all files from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\DNotes Trading Bot

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 03:50:35 AM

You know, it might be my antivirus software. It was recently updated and that update (at least loosely) correlates with my bot troubles. I'd like to set up an exclusion for bittrex. Is it just bittrex.com, or is there a special url bittrex uses to send back its API calls? Please advise.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 11:53:32 AM

You know, it might be my antivirus software. It was recently updated and that update (at least loosely) correlates with my bot troubles. I'd like to set up an exclusion for bittrex. Is it just bittrex.com, or is there a special url bittrex uses to send back its API calls? Please advise.

That could be. I would add both https://bittrex.com and https://api.bittrex.com.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 10:00:43 PM

That could be. I would add both https://bittrex.com and https://api.bittrex.com.

I can confirm that the bot is fulfilling and replacing orders as intended on 2 separate machines. No issues with the API or communications that I can find. The issue you are experiencing would likely be isolated to your machine or communications between you and Bittrex. If the above suggestions don't lead you to the solution, let me know, we can dig in a bit further and try to see what might be causing it.

Another thought, if you can add an exception for the bot program in your antivirus software, depending on which software you use.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 01:06:43 AM

I can confirm that the bot is fulfilling and replacing orders as intended on 2 separate machines. No issues with the API or communications that I can find. The issue you are experiencing would likely be isolated to your machine or communications between you and Bittrex. If the above suggestions don't lead you to the solution, let me know, we can dig in a bit further and try to see what might be causing it.

Another thought, if you can add an exception for the bot program in your antivirus software, depending on which software you use.

Thanks for that confirmation. At least I know the bot is working which means the solution is within my control. Adding exceptions to the antivirus software didn't work, so I'm going to install it somewhere else on my machine and see if that solves the problem. I think my computer is a bit of a lemon but I'm not in a position to replace it yet. I'll keep you posted.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 03:28:12 AM

So I started all over with the bot in a different folder--downloaded it fresh, changed my API keys and everything. Now I'm entering my grid. It's already working much better. So I'm not sure what happened but I suspect some of the files got corrupted. Maybe I need to plan on cleaning it up every so often. I sure use that thing heavily. Thanks for your help and I'll keep you posted.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2019, 07:14:37 AM

So I started all over with the bot in a different folder--downloaded it fresh, changed my API keys and everything. Now I'm entering my grid. It's already working much better. So I'm not sure what happened but I suspect some of the files got corrupted. Maybe I need to plan on cleaning it up every so often. I sure use that thing heavily. Thanks for your help and I'll keep you posted.

Great! One thing that may be helpful is to export and clear fulfilled orders every so often. The fulfilled orders is the only data point that isn't purged automatically over time, that could cause some congestion and eventually some performance issues.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 12:59:16 PM

Great! One thing that may be helpful is to export and clear fulfilled orders every so often. The fulfilled orders is the only data point that isn't purged automatically over time, that could cause some congestion and eventually some performance issues.

I was clearing fulfilled orders, actually, so in my case that wasn't the issue. I started to notice there was a communication problem between bittrex and my bot when fulfilled orders were not showing up under the fulfilled orders tab, and that got me to also realize that the new orders weren't being put in. The only communication that was working was when I would initially set up the trading pair, the bot would start it. But then after that, crickets...

I'm going with my current theory that my computer was gradually corrupting files. With a fresh start and almost my entire new grid entered, things are working much better. However I will be watching things more closely now that I know what I'm looking for. It may be that every four months or so, I just redo the whole thing, which is a pain but not horrible. It may be that if the bot regularly starts making me the price of a new laptop in profits, that I will replace my computer too Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 02:56:01 AM

I was clearing fulfilled orders, actually, so in my case that wasn't the issue. I started to notice there was a communication problem between bittrex and my bot when fulfilled orders were not showing up under the fulfilled orders tab, and that got me to also realize that the new orders weren't being put in. The only communication that was working was when I would initially set up the trading pair, the bot would start it. But then after that, crickets...

I'm going with my current theory that my computer was gradually corrupting files. With a fresh start and almost my entire new grid entered, things are working much better. However I will be watching things more closely now that I know what I'm looking for. It may be that every four months or so, I just redo the whole thing, which is a pain but not horrible. It may be that if the bot regularly starts making me the price of a new laptop in profits, that I will replace my computer too Smiley

I hope so!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 12:59:09 AM

STEX is not working at the moment, looks like they changed the API, however have a solution that will be uploaded shortly.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 01:32:21 AM

Updated release: https://dnotescoin.com/Release_08132019.zip

Simply close the old trading bot, download the above release, unzip the files, and open DNotes.TradingBot.exe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: