Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The rise and fall of stablecoins  (Read 27872 times)
lobanoval (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 09:31:53 PM

In this bear market, stablecoins have been on fire. With the recent news of basis going down, what does everyone think of stablecoins? Curious as to what you guys think about Ampleforth (aka Fragments aka Basis's competitor) and their model too.

I'm pretty bullish on stablecoins in general  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:03:43 PM

Traders panic and make rash decisions
But this usually does not end there. I suppose when the rate drops to the right price, the manipulators buy large amounts of crypt and push it up again. Inexperienced emotion traders try to regain initial losses in the second wave of growth, and eventually lose even more. The second wave in its dynamics is usually even more active and durable than the first. Using panic in the market, pampers force hamsters to buy a crypt at the peak of its value, and then sell at a low price when they fear even greater drawdown of the course. This is an interesting operation conducted by traders.
lobanoval (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:05:10 PM

Traders panic and make rash decisions
But this usually does not end there. I suppose when the rate drops to the right price, the manipulators buy large amounts of crypt and push it up again. Inexperienced emotion traders try to regain initial losses in the second wave of growth, and eventually lose even more. The second wave in its dynamics is usually even more active and durable than the first. Using panic in the market, pampers force hamsters to buy a crypt at the peak of its value, and then sell at a low price when they fear even greater drawdown of the course. This is an interesting operation conducted by traders.

And that's exactly what's going but one thing traders forget is that stablecoins can be great for them (especially ampleforth in this case)
Rob768

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:26:01 PM

I think that stablecoins have a big potential. Many famous exchanges announces creating their stablecoins, like TUSD or GUSD. I think that whales have been waiting this for a long time.
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

I don't think stablecoins are born to invest. Instead of investing in stablecoins, why don't you keep your money in pocket? Because stablecoins are not almost stable as we know. Do you remember Tether last month?

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
IlVeroNico

Activity: 621
Merit: 214

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:11:06 PM

How can you be bullish on stable coins if their only purpose is to be stable?

They just need to be reliable, that's all

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:18:06 PM
Merited by talkbitcoin (1)

I'm pretty bullish on stablecoins in general  Cheesy
Bullish on stable coins?

It's price remains $1 or if it fluctuates its around $0.99. Are you serious or trolling?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:30:48 PM

I think that stablecoins have a big potential. Many famous exchanges announces creating their stablecoins, like TUSD or GUSD. I think that whales have been waiting this for a long time.
I think that whales are not interested in stable coins at all. whales are only interested in bitcoin and they want to take as much bitcoin as possible.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:47:58 PM

It seems that falling price of solid coins turn the stable coins to have better future and have great potential. There many stable coins that really have potential and I guess its worth to invest in stable coins than to the unstable coins because I guess in stable coin you can control your losses.
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:54:19 PM

It seems that falling price of solid coins turn the stable coins to have better future and have great potential. There many stable coins that really have potential and I guess its worth to invest in stable coins than to the unstable coins because I guess in stable coin you can control your losses.
When we say stable coin like USDT, it is not worth for investing because it is promptly a stable value of a dollar only, it is just like your money in the pocket not gaining any profit on it.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:59:58 PM

The best coin in is not even stable.
Ever since i have been in the crypto space, i have not seen any real cryptocurrency that is stable. Even the so called coins that are called stable coins, such as tether was seen to have dropped in price at some point when it was announced that its scam. As for the coin you made mention of, i would like to see it and and then confirm if truly it is stable on not.
MZ4

Activity: 118
Merit: 86

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:30:41 PM

Stablecoins have great potential in my view. Also a stable coin is a necessity to see mass adoption in an everyday cryptocurrency, used as a transaction medium. Also a stablecoin that evolves and is linked with multiple assets, has the potential to replace gold. The use of a stablecoin is not to stay always at certain price. The tricky part is how to preserve your wealth, and there things can be really tricky...
Meggie Diaz

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:11:56 PM

When we say stable coin like USDT, it is not worth for investing because it is promptly a stable value of a dollar only, it is just like your money in the pocket not gaining any profit on it.
If like that, I think that stablecoin is very suitable to be used as an alternative method to avoid market volatility.
But sometimes the price of stable coins doesn't always follow the USD because this coin is not regulated, so I still doubt.
ganegani91

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:47:06 PM

stable coins have better potential to be used as long-term investments, even though price changes are not too significant, stabelcoin can play more safely on the market

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:07:58 PM

We are not talking about invest in USDT, fiat is more preferable than it but it has used to secure our profit dude. Didn't you know about that? Crypto pegged with USD is not created for investment purpose but to provide the best way to secure the speculator's profit.
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:49:49 PM

I think we need to shift how we think about stablecoins. Unlike traditional crypto where we are investing in hopes of gains, stablecoins like ampelforth are for everyday use. Not an investment, but for use.

For ampleforth, they are a solid project and I see a huge need for them especially if we have another recession
chakhigh

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:27:55 PM

Yes, stablecoins are here for a reason. When there is a huge volatility issue in crypto price, I see it is very useful for us as investors to secure our position, especially when backing the crypto-assets value precious metals like Gold. This will help to make it more stable.. In Gigzi project, this is very doable with a treasury/vault where precious metals are saved and equivalent to the Gigzi "tokenized precious metals".. So I see a long term stability with the Gigzi project..

cryptomaster420

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:30:58 PM

Even if you believe the tether FUD, there's plenty of proven stablecoins on the market with wide exchange support.
They've been the best thing about this bear market - the ability to store your wealth in crypto.
Besides, nothing beats sending stablecoins as remittance - instead of western union.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:03:39 PM

I wonder how many of these new stablecoins that have been popping up lately are actual scams.
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 05:31:29 PM

It's hard for me to understand why there are so many stablecoins in the market. Especially now, when the scam threat of usdt has passed. On the other hand, healthy competition always benefits the market, the main thing is that they do not turn out to be scammers, because this could collapse the market.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: