Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:08:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining vs Buying  (Read 646 times)
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:12:07 PM

Mining isn't worth it unless you need heat for the winter or you have free electricity.  If you are holding onto your mined coins it's always better to just sell all your hardware and buy the coins if you are a speculator.  The days of easy money through mining are gone, GPUs only make a few cents a day even with low electricity costs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:28:42 PM

Previously Bitcoin mining was profitable when Bitcoin price was $10k+ but Bitcoin price is now only $3k+ and to mine a bitcoin, miners costs are over $5k+. So it is not profitable to mine now but buying Bitcoin is profitable now if to hold few days.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 02:45:50 PM

I think so possibility right Bitcoin buying will make profitable,it is the understanding simple.you have to buy Bitcoin with the lower price then when Bitcoin price going up increase, simply your profit will increase.so now Bitcoin holders people need buying for the current lower price and have waiting little more days.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:51:55 PM

Buying is by far the best option. It doesn't even compare to mining. When you buy you get all your money converted to coins instantly and when you mine you get your money converted to mining hardware that slowly mines coins. It's a much less efficient process. What would you say if a Bitcoin exchange started paying back your Bitcoins in shares instead of giving you them all at once?
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 03:04:23 PM

It depends on where you come from and how much you believe in the Bitcoin revolution,

- Location matters when it comes to mining costs especially power tariffs. where i come from, power tariffs are so high and so at the current price of BTC, one would be mining in losses. So it makes buying the deep or day trading more sensible

-Belief; But if you believe in the bitcoin Network and you are looking at the long term benefits rather than short term, then why not try out mining?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 03:49:05 PM

You have to check whether it is profitable to mine, you can use whattomine website and input your electricity cost for calculation. For me, I will rather buy Bitcoin than mining.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 03:53:26 PM

The price of the Bitcoin has got down, but the mining difficulty level has gone up and the reward is also decreased by 50% down, so still mining is not profitable if you want immediate profit, If you just mine and save the bitcoins received for long term then it may be profit when the price will move up and till then you would have mined lot of Bitcoins. If you dont want any  thing to do then better start buying the bitcoins on each dip and save for long term. Which is much better right now to do.

Spider A4

Activity: 657
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:14:28 PM

Is it better to get BTC via mining or buying now?
It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?
If yes, any suggestion? There are quite many cloud miner in the market.
Many people leave to mining just reason in the market volatility. Mining is loss project because it will cost a lot of accessory (Electricity cost is a big deal) but it dose not get any benefit accordingly. Better way to BTC investment i think.
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 06:01:00 AM

buying is a great way to get good profits rather than mining Bitcoin, as already said people here are better off buying not mining. mining will only be a waste of time and costs for that need a good computer and electricity. I personally prefer to buy but if you want to get good profits and have skills in mining or trading then you have to undergo both mining and buying.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:38:25 AM

Bitcoin mining is far more preferable compared to buying.  Bitcoin is currently too volatile and putting money in buying it most times make you to lose money.  Remember that trading is far risky than mining and I think mining is still more profitable than investing.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:46:47 AM

it's better to buy, safer and more certain. it's clear that if you buy on an exchanger, bitcoin is definitely landing in the wallet and we just have to wait for the price to rise. if we are minning, there could be some problems with the hardware or software used for minning, and the capital that is spent is also large, the cost of electricity bills is also large.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:48:48 AM

Prices that dip down and by buying will be far more profitable than bitcoin mining, and buying is more likely to get tangible benefits.

For mining their are various factors like electricity cost, rentals , equipment costs etc . While in buying Btc you directly can buy and sell whenever you make profits or hold for long term . Also ROI is long in mining and can take couple of years to recover money which is a long time
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:10:52 AM

for me mining has to include the energy supply that needs to be renewable... if you can get your miners to work with free energy you will become mostly independent of market flutuations...
people say that buy and trade is better, but they forget that the price can fall... Grin

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
badungs

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:37:14 AM

In my opinion. you better buy bitcoin instead of mining. now the price of bitcoin is very affordable and keeps moving down. so we can buy bitcoin at a relatively cheap price without having to buy very expensive mining equipment. and we can get bitcoin with a short time and don't need a lot of electricity.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:07:55 AM

In my country assembling the rig and then run it over costly electricity is not that wise move. Buying is mostly preferred and there are miners to my knowledge who bought cheap rigs and now they are still mining. But for me, it is just buying when needed and when I can. But being a miner has some positive sides as well, the fluctuations don't bother you most and at peak time it's quite an awesome time for miners.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:18:29 AM

Mining of bitcoin is capital intensive though you will make more of bitcoin through mining. I will prefer to buy bitcoin and hold than mining because of the huge amount of fund involved. The equipment needed must be complete before you can start and the energy needed also must be steady. I rather raise money to buy and save myself the mining hassles.
AutoBlockX

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:56:30 AM

In most cases, Bitcoin mining is more profitable than buying. However, because the rate and value of the coin is exceptionally low at this point.This is why it is recommended that you buy Bitcoin instead of spending time in mining it.
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:42:36 PM

I think get bitcoin with mining way is not profitable right now since the downfall of Bitcoin rate because the electricity and others cost for mining is very huge and the mining result can not cover the cost. So, better to buy in the market and trading it to gain the profit from trading.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:14:57 AM

It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?
For me, its better get bitcoin through buying than creating mining. Actually, its hard to earn with mining because doing this kind of stuff you need big amount of money and worth of mining is more than 1 bitcoin. So basically, just prefer to buying bitcoin than mining.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:23:28 AM

Many people leave to mining just reason in the market volatility. Mining is loss project because it will cost a lot of accessory (Electricity cost is a big deal) but it dose not get any benefit accordingly. Better way to BTC investment i think.
The price of bitcoin is cheaper now so much better if you invest on it rather than mining that consumes electricity. Instead of buying mining hardware, invest directly on bitcoin because even mining company mostly down because of the price falls.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: