Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:25:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Stress and Happiness  (Read 2877 times)
Dmitri Pavarov

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 09:59:58 AM

No wonder that Steve Wozniak the Apple co-founder m/2018/02/02/apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-on-selling-bitcoin.html]sold his bitcoin because riding the roller coaster stressed him out.

How do you manage any possible stress coming from Bitcoin's volatility?

Simple. Store your BTC in cold storage such as Paper wallet, Trezor or Ledger then stop visiting the crypto website. In my case. I left my trezor to my relative's house which they didn't know what really it is so that I don't have access to it whenever I'm tempted to trade or sell some. Right now I'm focused on buying BTC using my salary in my job and directly store in my cold storage. Wish me luck that my wallet is in good condition/safe or else I will be fck up my life savings.

----

Just buy and forget everything.

I'm new to bitcoin and from the Philippines which is only elite [rich] people only knew Bitcoin and sadly i'm in the bottom of the food chain. Anyway, do you strongly believe that bitcoin is the global currency in your life time? I'm just curious maybe i can label you as maxis... Sincerely, i want you honest answer.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 10:22:20 AM

indeed an important mistake when buying at the highest price and it turns out it was a disaster and especially when not aware of bitcoin in an overbought situation, stress arises automatically.

but volatility makes the analysis stronger and it all starts with acute stress. happiness comes when I'm used to the alt/btc/usdt pair. all three pairs have opposite conditions, if we choose to trade quickly in cross-mode, it will definitely make our btc assets tend to increase.
Kwame21

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 10:25:21 AM

No wonder that Steve Wozniak the Apple co-founder m/2018/02/02/apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-on-selling-bitcoin.html]sold his bitcoin because riding the roller coaster stressed him out.

Simple. Store your BTC in cold storage such as Paper wallet, Trezor or Ledger then stop visiting the crypto website. In my case. I left my trezor to my relative's house which they didn't know what really it is so that I don't have access to it whenever I'm tempted to trade or sell some. Right now I'm focused on buying BTC using my salary in my job and directly store in my cold storage. Wish me luck that my wallet is in good condition/safe or else I will be fck up my life savings.

----

Just buy and forget everything.

Wishing you all the luck in the world. if its a game of chance, you are taking yours. I like what you are doing and ive taken something from that
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 11:34:45 AM

For a typical trader, buying a bottom at a higher price is a blessing when bitcoin is highly volatile.  And for a margin trader with a trade of x100 on bitmex it is an extreme stress.  Look at the recent liquidation.  About 181 million dollars was liquidated in a day.  I did not mention the liquidation earlier.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 12:18:03 PM

Yes its true bitcoin give us  stress and happiness. Why stress because if you buy bitcoin on high price then after wards bitcoin dump you can get stress by thinking when the price goes up. And we will get an happiness when we buy bitcoin in low price then bitcoin pump so we happy because we get a big profits.
That is the effect of bitcoin to us stress and happiness.
Buying bitcoin into a high price then after a months the price of bitcoin be drop much so we stress on that for sure because we need to earn profit on what we buy in a first place. And the happiness we get is from the bitcoin are going to a price of $20,000. Just like of my old friend he bought btc in a low of price on when the btc pump in a year 2017 he is so very happy on that time. And yes that's the effect of bitcoin so we need to understand on that.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 01:54:26 PM

maybe only amateur traders or holders are easily stressed because they see market conditions drop so drastically that they feel the decline will occur because it is feared to lose a lot of money that has been invested into it. different from those who believe in this industry, they will remain calm in facing any market conditions because they have strong principles to hold in the long term and can feel happiness if the price of bitcoin is able to rise sharply again like in 2017 yesterday
Of course, as the name that you are talking about them, they are amateurs and are just beginning to enter this market, the stress and fear of losing money still dominates their minds every day but after getting used to this pressure, they will get better or worse, they will hide from this market, it is up to the thinking of each individual. Even those who believe in this market, they are not always as calm as you think, they always have doubts about bitcoin and their choices, but almost all are happy when the price of bitcoin goes up, it's a sign of our wealth.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 02:17:16 PM

Stress is easy to avoid if you handle the situation well. Just focus on your goal and just think that this is a problem you can solve. And once you overcome these problems you can easily avoid these future problems because you have already solved them!
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 02:51:40 PM

Bitcoin has been one of my options as a source of income since 2016. There are Ups and downs in the market and my folio can relate actually  Cheesy
It's stressful and most of the time I will hate myself for not doing what im suppose to do.

Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 02:53:53 PM

Stress is easy to avoid if you handle the situation well. Just focus on your goal and just think that this is a problem you can solve. And once you overcome these problems you can easily avoid these future problems because you have already solved them!

I wish managing stress and happiness were as simple to manage as you have mentioned but here stress is created by market situation when things don't go as per our expectations so we first need to understand market will have its own flow and we have to adapt according to the situation rather than bursting out or stressing out. If we are emotionally successful in adopting to situation then there is no stress at all.

atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 03:17:53 PM

Activities in the cryptocurrency market are almost like playing Russian roulette.  Today you can be poor, and tomorrow you can own the world.  Or even exactly the opposite, the rich can become a beggar.  A few days ago, I advised my friends to invest in Bitcoin, because such a rapid drop in prices cannot last so long and in just 24 hours Bitcoin soared by 20%.  I believe that speculators and traders changed their stressful state over the course of the day to a happy facial expression.
HighRed

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 04:37:26 PM

I stopped day trading because it was affecting me and my depression negatively. I had to sell everything because of cancer treatment. I don't have a job right now. I hope I can get back into the game ASAP, especially since it's been showing an upwards trend recently.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 09:08:23 AM

Bitcoin has been one of my options as a source of income since 2016. There are Ups and downs in the market and my folio can relate actually  Cheesy
It's stressful and most of the time I will hate myself for not doing what im suppose to do.
Although God owns the future, but I must also really confess to you that my life has been of an great change ever since I got to know about the opportunities I can take control of in bitcoin, and if not for bitcoin opportunity which I still believe was presented to me by God, I was almost at the peak of my life when I had lost all hopes.

There is no system in life that does not have stress, and I don’t think that the stress that I have had in bitcoin investment, trading and activities can ever be as much as the stress that I have ever had or experienced in my life. The thing about bitcoin investment is that, it can be strategically planned to reduce the level of stress and risk that is in it, but the happiness that it brings after the stress really makes one to forget all the tension that we have gone through it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 04:49:15 AM

Although God owns the future, but I must also really confess to you that my life has been of an great change ever since I got to know about the opportunities I can take control of in bitcoin, and if not for bitcoin opportunity which I still believe was presented to me by God, I was almost at the peak of my life when I had lost all hopes.

There is no system in life that does not have stress, and I don’t think that the stress that I have had in bitcoin investment, trading and activities can ever be as much as the stress that I have ever had or experienced in my life. The thing about bitcoin investment is that, it can be strategically planned to reduce the level of stress and risk that is in it, but the happiness that it brings after the stress really makes one to forget all the tension that we have gone through it.

It is really hard to anticipate the future until we get there, we didn't anticipate that there will be a thing called 'digital currency' that we have right now, still there's a lot of development and innovation that will gonna discover in the future. So, let's see and we should not stress out ourselves, there's a lot of opportunity out there.

GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 05:34:47 AM

It is really hard to anticipate the future until we get there, we didn't anticipate that there will be a thing called 'digital currency' that we have right now, still there's a lot of development and innovation that will gonna discover in the future. So, let's see and we should not stress out ourselves, there's a lot of opportunity out there.

It will be good when we focus on a sure money for our future. Invest for our goal in life and think how we can help ourselves on the future.

We can invest on digital money but don't put at all just have a second option to avoid regretion.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 07:14:14 AM

It will be good when we focus on a sure money for our future. Invest for our goal in life and think how we can help ourselves on the future.

We can invest on digital money but don't put at all just have a second option to avoid regretion.
Bitcoin is giving us a lot of feelings depending on the happening. I can say that dump and pump gives us both stress and happiness when the market pumps we are feeling happy but when the market dumps we are feeling stress because when the market dumps the value also of our money is going down. It is moving accordingly to the price of the bitcoin or the cryptocurrency you are holding, to help our selves when these happens we should hold if the market dumps and sell if the price rises up. But there are also other expressions we can feel here like being angry when someone is scamming you and take your money. There are lots of people like that here so we should be aware every time.
EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 07:52:15 AM

I think the best solution to get rid of the stress received in the trade, will be a temporary change of activity. So many ways to reduce stress, but I would recommend physical education, swimming, yoga, running, generally active sports. Focus on the positive aspects of your life.  Most likely in the life of each of us a lot of positive details that we do not notice. It's just that our minds are designed to focus more easily on negative factors than positive ones. Develop the habit of focusing on the positive aspects of your life and you will notice that you live better than many people on the planet. Be grateful.

angrybirdy

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 08:33:29 AM

Bitcoin is giving us a lot of feelings depending on the happening. I can say that dump and pump gives us both stress and happiness when the market pumps we are feeling happy but when the market dumps we are feeling stress because when the market dumps the value also of our money is going down. It is moving accordingly to the price of the bitcoin or the cryptocurrency you are holding, to help our selves when these happens we should hold if the market dumps and sell if the price rises up. But there are also other expressions we can feel here like being angry when someone is scamming you and take your money. There are lots of people like that here so we should be aware every time.
The volatility of the market should not be taken seriously, it should not be giving us stress though we have an investment.
We should not be feeling that way. We should feel a little bit of excitement for its increase or even in dump of its price. Stress should not come first, it may become a reason for panic selling and more losses.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:39:29 AM

In my almost four years of getting involved (just an ordinary holder and part-time trader, nothing so great actually), I am so sure that Bitcoin can be a major source of stress especially if you bought them at a higher price and then the price made some slide. Now, I am not saying that it is Bitcoin's fault because stress in the first place depends a lot on our perception and how we are managing it. But definitely, we can categorize as a stressor at some degree.

On the other hand, Bitcoin can also be the source of "happiness" especially when the coin is having a great time jumping upwards. Certainly, there can be euphoria if in 2020 Bitcoin can go higher that its 2017 ATH. Bitcoin is known for extreme volatility and it can go from one side to the other in matter of hours and days.

No wonder that Steve Wozniak the Apple co-founder sold his bitcoin because riding the roller coaster stressed him out.

Bitcoin can give you a roller coaster ride of emotion. You can either feel happy about its value or be stressed as you see it falling down. I agree that it depends on our perception on how we handle our stress in bitcoin. For me, I think the best way to handle or avoid stress during the crisis of bitcoin is through patience and perseverance on holding. If you feel that there's still a possibility that the price will increase, then there's no reason to be stressed anymore.
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:08:00 AM

In my almost four years of getting involved (just an ordinary holder and part-time trader, nothing so great actually), I am so sure that Bitcoin can be a major source of stress especially if you bought them at a higher price and then the price made some slide. Now, I am not saying that it is Bitcoin's fault because stress in the first place depends a lot on our perception and how we are managing it. But definitely, we can categorize as a stressor at some degree.

On the other hand, Bitcoin can also be the source of "happiness" especially when the coin is having a great time jumping upwards. Certainly, there can be euphoria if in 2020 Bitcoin can go higher than it's 2017 ATH. Bitcoin is known for extreme volatility and it can go from one side to the other in a matter of hours and days.

No wonder that Steve Wozniak the Apple co-founder sold his bitcoin because riding the roller coaster stressed him out.

I didn't stress myself when bitcoin is pumping or bumping. Actually, if the bitcoin price is decreasing, we can take it as an advantage for us to make a profit when the next pump will come. Why stress yourself if that's the right time for us to invest to make good profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: