Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:34:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmaintech.com  (Read 13242 times)
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 02:07:15 PM

No they dont come with power supplies i recomend this one for running 2 antminers not over clocked!!

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-80PLUS-Gold-Certified-Supply/dp/B00EB7UIXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394733333&sr=8-1&keywords=850+watt+power+supply

Dont buy a cheaper one I have a cheaper 850 watt power supply and it kicks out twice the amount of heat !!!

I'm running 10 off 5x CX750M, no issues.
Swapping them all out to have 3 on 1200W HP Server PSU's though... Can't beat it for $20/1200W

How do you set these up? Saw the interface boards over at gekko science but IDK how to config the board, load balancing, and all that.

Lisinopril

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:39:52 PM

Oh no my order expired even though the bit coin went through  Shocked . Fuck I hope my wife doesn't get the last laugh  Cry .
Anybody have an thoughts on this?

What do you mean by "expired"?   Bitmain is very reliable.  Be patient. My last order didn't show it was "shipping" on their website until 2 days after it shipped. Good luck!

Its never easy to watch your money in limbo , the order expires after an hour if they haven't received payment, even though I sent the bitcoin immediately it expired and show unpaid, was a long night thinking about my wife telling me  " I told you so" , but this morning it says paid. So everything good I guess they will manually send the order is what I  got from a prompt message return here in the forum from bit main.

its an auto timer to weed out timewasters, as you will have noticed its probably;

paid
shipped/unshipped
valid

now?

Yeah same thing happened to me with the expiring, and was sorted out with tracking - minus the wife telling me I told you so Smiley

I've bought a few S1's from them, always professional and prompt, so I wasn't worried at all.
sudoku

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:58:42 PM

The S2 model is on sale now on bitmaintech.

1SudokuNgdzsYuANDinxUBwKgfyv5cptW
AngusCanine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:42:03 PM

Oh no my order expired even though the bit coin went through  Shocked . Fuck I hope my wife doesn't get the last laugh  Cry .
Anybody have an thoughts on this?

What do you mean by "expired"?   Bitmain is very reliable.  Be patient. My last order didn't show it was "shipping" on their website until 2 days after it shipped. Good luck!

Its never easy to watch your money in limbo , the order expires after an hour if they haven't received payment, even though I sent the bitcoin immediately it expired and show unpaid, was a long night thinking about my wife telling me  " I told you so" , but this morning it says paid. So everything good I guess they will manually send the order is what I  got from a prompt message return here in the forum from bit main.

its an auto timer to weed out timewasters, as you will have noticed its probably;

paid
shipped/unshipped
valid

now?

Yeah exactly. I always had faith, read so many good things. Cheers to Bitmain!!!
ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:28:31 AM

My S1 is on my porch according to UPS.  I'm at work though. Sad

ak49er

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:45:36 AM

Got home.  Plugged it in.  Powered it up.  Configured it.  Mining. Cheesy  (Dinner.)

Will let it run over night and then do some overclocking tomorrow.  I have to go back to work in an hour though so the fun will have to wait.

precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:47:09 AM

pictures?

ak49er

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:50:57 AM

pictures?
Of me or the S1?  The S1 looks just like any other.  And if I showed you a picture of me you'd just be jealous. Cheesy

precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:53:49 AM

Haha lol   Cheesy

tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:36:46 AM

I bet we'll see many S1s' for less than 200$ in the next month on ebay.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
AngusCanine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:46:54 PM

Got home.  Plugged it in.  Powered it up.  Configured it.  Mining. Cheesy  (Dinner.)

Will let it run over night and then do some overclocking tomorrow.  I have to go back to work in an hour though so the fun will have to wait.

Was there any cable cutting or needing to use a paper clip to trick the PSU into working? I have one route today!!!!
ak49er

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:13:31 PM

Was there any cable cutting or needing to use a paper clip to trick the PSU into working? I have one route today!!!!
No cable cutting assuming you've got two 6 pin PCIe connectors.  You will need a paperclip or something to jumper the pins on the ATX plug to turn the PSU on, but that's standard ATX - they all need it.  It's been running rock solid as expected overnight at 180GH/s and 47 degrees.  Mine has the latest firmware, and was preset for 192.168.1.99, (not .2.99).  Conceivably you could just plug it in, hook it to your network, put in your pool info and be hashing.  I'll be looking at overclocking it today.

xzempt

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:59:37 PM

No cable cutting assuming you've got two 6 pin PCIe connectors.  You will need a paperclip or something to jumper the pins on the ATX plug to turn the PSU on, but that's standard ATX - they all need it.  It's been running rock solid as expected overnight at 180GH/s and 47 degrees.  Mine has the latest firmware, and was preset for 192.168.1.99, (not .2.99).  Conceivably you could just plug it in, hook it to your network, put in your pool info and be hashing.  I'll be looking at overclocking it today.

correct it is now configured to 192.168.1.99

you can just hook it up,  turn it on,  set up the pool info and away it goes!   time from opening UPS package till mining about 3 minutes Smiley
AngusCanine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:22:32 PM

correct it is now configured to 192.168.1.99

you can just hook it up,  turn it on,  set up the pool info and away it goes!   time from opening UPS package till mining about 3 minutes Smiley

Hellz ya
tzortz

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:46:27 PM

But it is a good idea to change it to 192.168.1.100 or anything else , so that you will not mess it up with your next S1!  Grin

I suggest you also to buy a server psu (ex. IBM x3650, DELTA DPS835.etc) for MUCH less, which is also much more reliable than any silly pc psu.

Each will cost as low as 10$ and can supply TWO overclocked S1s'.

Just my 2 cents.

All is Mine!

precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:48:54 PM

I was considering that, but idk how to wire it up to an interface board....

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:49:16 PM

I bet we'll see many S1s' for less than 200$ in the next month on ebay.

Thats the magic.... They will sell for at least double that on ebay in late April.  

tzortz

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:52:46 PM

I was considering that, but idk how to wire it up to an interface board....

what do you mean?

All is Mine!

precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:53:14 PM

http://www.gekkoscience.com/products/D750_supply_breakout_board.html

tzortz

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:02:31 AM

The psu costs 10$ and the breakout poard 70$ Huh? Huh

many lessons here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1766215

You need a soldering unit and little practice.

Dont spend your money.

All is Mine!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: