Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:28:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding coins  (Read 2336 times)
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:51:15 PM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?

Holding is coins is the most profitable ways to earn huge
Storing the coins in safest wallet is for the peoples choice where they can use easily ans safe

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:32:24 PM

I prefer to choose the hardware wallet which is only me can open and touch it without putting it on risk from hacking. Open source may leak and your crypto might be in danger without your knowledge, so it is better to choose a hardware wallet and keep your passphrase on a piece of paper and put it on a vault.

Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:37:10 PM

I just divided it into several parts and not all the coins I hold I save in one wallet. I save it in several wallets and some trusted exchanges, even though saving on an exchange is risky, I just believe all who are in the online world have their own risks. So as long as we can find a wallet and exchange that is truly trusted, so far I still feel comfortable and don't get serious problems.
Yes, we have to divide the coin which is held to several wallets and exchange. Because with this, we can protect the assets we have. Because now a lot of wallets are hacked as well as account exchanges that are scam. This can avoid big losses, just imagine when we store in one wallet and we lose access to the wallet, of course it will make a huge loss.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:15:58 AM

hold, hold and hold is not the best way, but it is the safest and most people do when they have difficulty guessing market price movements.
to prevent losses, there is only one method, "HOLD"
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 12:52:41 PM

I prefer to choose the hardware wallet which is only me can open and touch it without putting it on risk from hacking. Open source may leak and your crypto might be in danger without your knowledge, so it is better to choose a hardware wallet and keep your passphrase on a piece of paper and put it on a vault.
I agree that hardware wallet is better. Concerning open source wallet, since the code is publicly available you can easily check any potential vulnerabilities attacking your funds. This only means ooen source wallet could be as safe as hardware wallet if you could verify the code. I'm using Hodler wallet and will also be checking out their hardware wallet which will be available soon.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:15:43 PM

hold, hold and hold is not the best way, but it is the safest and most people do when they have difficulty guessing market price movements.
What you are trying to say ? Are you are agreeing with holding or not ? When most people are preferring to hold then it should be a better way to make easy profits rather than struggling with guessing the market price movements. Holding not just preventing losses but it will give you enormous profits over the time as cryptos are known for fetching you big profits in long-term like years of holding.

Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
You need to enlighten yourself before going for holding your coins. Yes, exchanges are here not for providing you a wallet services. You need to identify what are the things are existing for what purposes before making use of them. Otherwise, you will get struck at some point of time. Learn things before start using them.

it is better to choose a hardware wallet and keep your passphrase on a piece of paper and put it on a vault.
Unlike some 2 to 3 years back, now hardware wallets are becoming more famous as it is providing good security along with easy cold storage option. When you unplug your wallet, you are just entering into cold storage that is the big advantage of hardware wallets.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:45:02 PM

There are several wallet for different purposes ,if you want to trade then you can store in exchanges wallet,if you want a secure wallet then used hardware wallet,but if you want to keep on checking your wallet and you lazy to keep on bringing your hardware wallet then used the usual wallet on website, every wallet got their own cons and pro, I prefer to keep my coins secure in hardware wallet

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Harley29

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:48:17 PM

No one do this actually because people invest their money to have profit and they will surely sell id they find that holding more is useless. I think if a person use to buy then he will have to hold until the price become bigger than he bought his coin. For me holding actually works in red market days and holding is preparation for green market selling.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 09:43:12 PM

No one do this actually because people invest their money to have profit and they will surely sell id they find that holding more is useless. I think if a person use to buy then he will have to hold until the price become bigger than he bought his coin. For me holding actually works in red market days and holding is preparation for green market selling.
That is obviously we are going to hold our crypto asset when the market turns to red, or rather we cut our losses but sad to say the loss was already there. It's being laziness if you want to sell your coins during the market is very down.

Back to the OP question, I think if you are satisfied with their answer you may lock this thread to reduce and redundant answer.
Most likely I hold coins on the exchange, yes that is a very risky but for me, I trust my exchange site used and I currently do trading.
A big amount is on a hardware wallet.

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:50:08 AM

But, OP is not asking about whether holding or not. He is concerning about where to store his coins.

Coming back to your statements, why holding is not the best way ? I believe you are contradicting yourself within your statements. First you are saying holding is not the best way but later you are saying that to prevent losses holding is the best method. It is totally confusing.

Holding must be the best method for preventing losses as well for profiting the maximum. But, to hold we must have safer storage wallets and methods. There  will be no meaning of storing/holding your coins where your wallet is vulnerable for hacking/stealing.
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 10:04:58 AM

better if you have a large enough balance, avoid saving it in exchange, because of course we don't hold the private key at all from the address exchange, that's the problem because we have to stay away from HOLD in exchange, but some people do it to avoid fees deposit withdrawal. Use a wallet that has a private key when making these addresses such as coinomi, or myetherwallet, try using metamask addons to make it safer

SARA ISLAM

Activity: 558
Merit: 11

umachit.fund

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 10:37:39 AM

Basically, my maximum coins held on various exchanges because I don't believe longtime holding and ERC20 tokens in MyEtherWallet because its trusted many people using it without any problem.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:51:11 AM

Actually there's no need to choose ,  because indeed it up to us how to prevent such hacking and etc.  In fact even though we have a very secured wallet there is still a tends hackers can brute force  our wallet. Which is much better to be aware and stop jumping in on some suspicious link or website to avoid such issue.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:02:04 AM

Trading actively will indeed provide greater opportunities for profit. While holding is not going to give us a simultaneous profit, but there is a characteristic that is when we hold for a long time, it is very likely that the price experienced a very significant increase. But all there is a risk, we may experience huge profits and there is a possibility that we will experience a large loss too. Every strategy will produce something different and we must try to get the best results.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:58:19 PM

But, OP is not asking about whether holding or not. He is concerning about where to store his coins.

Coming back to your statements, why holding is not the best way ? I believe you are contradicting yourself within your statements. First you are saying holding is not the best way but later you are saying that to prevent losses holding is the best method. It is totally confusing.

Holding must be the best method for preventing losses as well for profiting the maximum. But, to hold we must have safer storage wallets and methods. There  will be no meaning of storing/holding your coins where your wallet is vulnerable for hacking/stealing.
Right.Holding is still the safest way to avoid lossess and gain profits even in a long period of time.But i suggest to hold your coins  and keep it in your own wallet rather than storing it in some exchanges.I prefer to control my own coins by keeping it with my own private keys.Of course it's still prone from hacking especially if i never did my part to keep it safe.

Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:20:30 PM

I choose to store my coins in wallet which I control the private keys. I rarely store my coins in exchanges, unless the amount is small and there is no point paying for the withdrawal fees.
Aside from storing your coins in a safe wallet you should also keep your private key and password in a safe place because some people might stealth it. I do not store any coins in a exchange and I just put all my coins in trusted wallet like myetherwallet.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Morpexmorpex

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

bokser

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 07:09:08 PM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
keep the coins that you have purchased better on cold wallets and with private key.scammers do not sleep and try to deceive everyone and force the client to send money or coins or they can do it and kidnap.

playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:47:50 PM

I choose to store my coins in wallet which I control the private keys. I rarely store my coins in exchanges, unless the amount is small and there is no point paying for the withdrawal fees.
Aside from storing your coins in a safe wallet you should also keep your private key and password in a safe place because some people might stealth it. I do not store any coins in a exchange and I just put all my coins in trusted wallet like myetherwallet.

I think holding kinds are always possible to hear much more income because if we hold our currency for long period we had some strategies to accept it so we can manage our profits like making the investment based on that situation so holding for long period will always profitable.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:15:50 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2018, 04:29:07 AM by crzy

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
Its better to have hard wallet that can protect your coins but if you want to trade, you have no choice but to put your money on their storage (exchanges), so make sure that you are using great exchange. Wallet security is very important, know how to protect yourself from the scammers or you will be scammed later on. Security is the main concern of the investors and that is why they only put their money on the most trusted source of wallet.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:55:50 PM

Never store all your coins in exchanges, just put enough funds for your trades but to those coins that you just plan to hold for a long time, store it in wallets where you can hold the private keys. Ledger Nano S and Trezor is a good option but, don't be a cheapskate and buy a used one, buy a brand new one for security.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: