Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding coins  (Read 2336 times)
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:11:42 PM

Always make sure that your money is in the right place and not on the untrusted exchanges. Please do note that once you’ve lost that money, it will be forever gone so learn how to protect your money. Storing your coins should be in place, and you have to make extra effort to protect it because a lot of scammers are just waiting for a fish to catch.
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:47:54 AM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
Never store all your coins in exchanges, just put enough funds for your trades but to those coins that you just plan to hold for a long time, store it in wallets where you can hold the private keys. Ledger Nano S and Trezor is a good option but, don't be a cheapskate and buy a used one, buy a brand new one for security.
And not only that which hardware wallets isn't really expensive at all.If you do hold up big amounts of coins then its really worthy to buy one rather keeping it on exchangers which
do really have the tendency of getting hacked and loss all of your holdings. Look at the long term hodlers as of these days and prefer which wallet they have been using up.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:59:54 AM

I have about 200 different cryptocurrencies in my portfolio and I store them in various places, both on exchanges, if I need an amount for trading, and on online wallets, I have not yet tried cold storage
tarukam
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:11:14 AM

in my opinion it is better to save your coins in offline wallets such as ladger and others because it is safer than holding in a market that is at risk of getting hit with some time ago it was crowded with market hackers

sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:56:14 AM

Holding coins is the most important decision we make. even a little or a lot of coin cape just in good condition of your wallet and for sure it really is you need to use the private key. usually holding this long term or short term yet is absolutely secure all the time passed. It's important that you choose the right wallet, with the right coin and above all, you earn a real profit value.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:42:10 AM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
Never store all your coins in exchanges, just put enough funds for your trades but to those coins that you just plan to hold for a long time, store it in wallets where you can hold the private keys. Ledger Nano S and Trezor is a good option but, don't be a cheapskate and buy a used one, buy a brand new one for security.
And not only that which hardware wallets isn't really expensive at all.If you do hold up big amounts of coins then its really worthy to buy one rather keeping it on exchangers which
do really have the tendency of getting hacked and loss all of your holdings. Look at the long term hodlers as of these days and prefer which wallet they have been using up.

popular hardware wallets like the ones that mentioned above are somehow expensive especially if you are a poor guy like me . they are only optional and should not be prioritize at all because even if im only using an online wallet or web wallets , i did not ever experienced to get hacked or phished  . there are many ways to secure our coins and not just by purchasing a hardware wallet  .  we can even use our gdagets as a cold storage if ever  we are really conscious about our security .
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 10:53:49 AM

I have about 200 different cryptocurrencies in my portfolio and I store them in various places, both on exchanges, if I need an amount for trading, and on online wallets, I have not yet tried cold storage
I think thats too much to handle. I only handle about 13 tokens on my wallet and still its hard for me to monitor each of it each time. Learning the news about each coin every time.
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:14:19 AM

I think thats too much to handle. I only handle about 13 tokens on my wallet and still its hard for me to monitor each of it each time. Learning the news about each coin every time.
the longer we hold coins sometimes we forget them. I even forget how many coins I have kept up to now. I think, holding lots of coins is increasingly difficult to control, especially if there are many coins that don't have a price or market.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:31:48 AM

I only have investments in Bitcoin, Tron and BCH and until now only store them in the online wallet. Indeed, I will face many risks if I choose a long term investment and only store it in an online wallet, but I myself do not focus too much on the long term investment, sometimes I will sell my investment if there are good signs to sell and of course minimize the crashes that will be faced. Hardware wallet is indeed highly recommended for long term investments, the risk of losing coins is very little, only I have not been interested to use it.
armarsterling7

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:36:45 AM

I will definitely store coins in my Ledger Nano wallet. It is a great hard wallet and is against the hackers' intrusion. I have been using it for 2 years and my money is safe now. $ 100 / Ledger is a cheap price for holders.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:35:27 PM

I use both and save about 60% on my wallet in several different exchanges. Sometimes I trade, so doing that will make it easier for me to trade on an exchange.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:51:43 PM

if you are a trader than its better to hold your coin in the exchange rather than holding physical wallet or cold storage ,as you have  to trade frequently,but you should have proper security in exchange ,rest is upto them if they loose your fund they have to fund it.but if you are seldom trader or holder than it is better if you hold crypto in hardware wallet.and if you find hardware wallet expensive than you can store coin in wallet which give you full control of your coin so you can know private key of coin.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:57:17 PM

I store my coins that are mid-term holding and short-term holding on exchanges that I am fully verified on, other than this I usually store my long-term holdings on the original Wallet recommended by the official site of the coin itself, I am not a fan of multi-currency wallets as they are usually 3rd party services.
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:52:16 PM

I will definitely store coins in my Ledger Nano wallet. It is a great hard wallet and is against the hackers' intrusion. I have been using it for 2 years and my money is safe now. $ 100 / Ledger is a cheap price for holders.

Ledger is good, but ill be checkinh out on HODLERS wallet. They introduced a web and Android version od their wallet, I find it better and will also be trying their Hodler hardware wallet which will be introduced this 2019. Looking forward to what kind of hardware they have created.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:10:14 PM

I use both and save about 60% on my wallet in several different exchanges. Sometimes I trade, so doing that will make it easier for me to trade on an exchange.
Nowadays many hacking issues are occur in the market so we should not holding our coins in exchange. But software and hardware wallet is good to protect our investment. So I recommend to move your 40 percentage in wallet at the same time some exchanges have two factor authentication is little protect our holding coins.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 06:57:22 AM

I use wallet that suited in our country to store my altcoin funds there are many wallet that is fake and lot of them are fishing like android apps.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 07:18:37 PM

Nowadays many hacking issues are occur in the market so we should not holding our coins in exchange. But software and hardware wallet is good to protect our investment. So I recommend to move your 40 percentage in wallet at the same time some exchanges have two factor authentication is little protect our holding coins.
You are right. I just see another discussion on list of hacking happened on crypto exchanges since 2011 and I git shocked on seeing the list. It would be highly vulnerable if we go for storing our hard earned cryptos in exchange or web based wallets. It is always good to have stand alone wallets where we will have private-keys.

I use wallet that suited in our country to store my altcoin funds there are many wallet that is fake and lot of them are fishing like android apps.
Never trust any random apps which are declaring themselves as a well trusted and widely being used bitcoin/crypto wallets. Choose your preferred wallet from the bitcoin's official website : Choose your Bitcoin wallet.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 08:22:41 PM

I will save my altcoin in my personal wallet. and I will also save a little of my altcoin for me to trade on the market. because I think I will also benefit by trading in the market.
It is good mate you are doing well I think all of us should save our bit pin in our wallet which will keep ir safe from being back and not any thing can take it away from you. For me now is good time to hold even in Trading we never trade at red so use the mind and buy if you have money but never sell your coin at any cost just hold.
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 04:13:34 AM

Never trust any random apps which are declaring themselves as a well trusted and widely being used bitcoin/crypto wallets. Choose your preferred wallet from the bitcoin's official website : Choose your Bitcoin wallet.

Really agree on this. The app you are using shouLD have good standing and recognition from the community. Bitcoin.org is the best place to determine a wallet is legit and safe. My Hodler wallet is soon to be listed on Bitcoin. org this would mean that it will gain trust from the community.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 808

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 07:42:55 AM

I will save my altcoin in my personal wallet. and I will also save a little of my altcoin for me to trade on the market. because I think I will also benefit by trading in the market.
It is good mate you are doing well I think all of us should save our bit pin in our wallet which will keep ir safe from being back and not any thing can take it away from you. For me now is good time to hold even in Trading we never trade at red so use the mind and buy if you have money but never sell your coin at any cost just hold.

That's the beauty of this market. You can really start with you small investment and gradually work up if you have funds or if you have profited already.

I'm sure that most of us started our trading journey with small amounts and then continue to accumulate overtime and take profits specially the boom we have seen in 2017.

Still, this year though, a great time to buy more coins because they are so cheap and you can buy big amounts and its really up to you what to do with them: short or long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: