Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:53:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding coins  (Read 2336 times)
karloscimot

Activity: 518
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:46:09 PM

hardwallet is a trusted place for now, but if you are active in managing assets, you have to divide a lot of nominal for several wallets by activating the security options provided. This is better than storing in one wallet with anxiety, but this depends on the wishes of each.

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:05:34 PM

Without hardware wallet, I feel unsafe to hold my coins! Because I have faced a big Myetherwallet hack! Hold coins in exchange is nothing but a bad idea! Exchange can be hacked or even exchange hack your coins and then go away! So, always store your coin in a safe place like Hardware wallet or metamask or others secure platforms!

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:15:06 PM

Remember that even with hardware wallets, you should always keep one or multiple backups in case your hardware wallet gets lost or damaged and you're unable to remove funds from whatever device you're using. A hardware wallet may be a great way to store coins for extended periods of time in cold storage, but it's easier than you think to lose a hardware wallet, especially when such devices are as small as a thumb drive in the case of a device like the Ledger Nano S.

Also consider having multiple methods of cold storage like multiple hardware wallets in different locations in case one is compromised. Hardware wallets may cost you more than opening up a free online wallet or a client like Bitcoin Core, but hardware wallets also provide a great level of protection for your coins at the same time. Well worth the cost IMO, and pricing for hardware wallets has also fallen in this bear market. Just make sure you're not buying imitation or non-authentic devices and from an authorized retailer whenever possible, and always reset your device upon receiving it.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:37:59 PM

That's right mate, it doesn't mean that you hold coins in a long term, you are surely get a huge profit in the end. Of course not, it is also base on its potentials capability for every altcoins too. That's why you need to do some research first before making an investment in every trading platform.
[/quote]

Good explanation from you mate learning is the best way how find profits, he looking for safe storage for their coins not he asking advice how to make earning for keeping in coins i safe storage. Sorry do not be offend.
I use mew to secure my coins and i use online wallet with have good reputation and trusted poloniex i use it for my storage in small amount of coin to it incase need to withdraw fast.
harleymasters

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:44:38 PM

I am a adventurous person so I will choose to store my money in the Exchanges. This job is very convenient for me in trading transactions, making the flow of money be made and creating accumulation for myself. That's great
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:53:48 PM

I am a adventurous person so I will choose to store my money in the Exchanges. This job is very convenient for me in trading transactions, making the flow of money be made and creating accumulation for myself. That's great
Its actually convenient but not so sure about the security of your funds since you don't have the full control of it. I still prefer storing in a hardware or an open source wallet which provides private key, this gives me freedom from third trusted party which is the whole idea of cryptocurrency.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:28:24 AM

Without hardware wallet, I feel unsafe to hold my coins! Because I have faced a big Myetherwallet hack! Hold coins in exchange is nothing but a bad idea! Exchange can be hacked or even exchange hack your coins and then go away! So, always store your coin in a safe place like Hardware wallet or metamask or others secure platforms!
for the long term, you really have to use a safe wallet to hold it back. you should use a lot of security additions like 2fa or any
verification, it will add to your wallet's security dude, hardware wallet is also quite safe for long-term wallets
incomefromcoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:38:07 AM

instead of holding crypto coins in exchangers it is safe to hold these coins in hardware wallets like ledger nano and trezor both the hardware wallets are secured wallets we can store coins by backing up private keys in safe place
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

I think it is logical to store your precious coin in different wallet based on the amount,  the time frame of uses and investment purposes.  I  only put the coin I need to trade with or use for another investment in exchange,  and I  use these coin between 24hrs period.  Every other coin is either in cold storage,  hardware wallet or a third party wallet with my private key!

logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:43:43 PM

I store my tokens on exchanges about 10-15%, 60% on online wallets, and cold storage has not even started to use
  It could be your own choice but the purpose must be earning. So holding is the gate to succeed in crypto currency. Choose the best wallet when you think to hold as there are so many in market. Cold storage is over now people are holding in wallets I prefer to hold my coins in block chain as it’s the most trust worthy coin holding wallet.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 09:03:26 PM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
i have been holding my bitcoin at blockchain.info and I never have any problems with them.  My ethereum is also hold in myetherwallet also I never have problems using any of this.  I also store all my tokens at myetherwallet and what I do carefully with is my private keys.
You are really wise person because you chooses good wallet. Bitcoin has best wallets in market but same  as you I prefer using blockchain as it’s the safe one and it has ability to keep your bitcoin for as long as you want. Holding is good option for all of us in this market condition so keep holding as much as you can.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 09:43:52 PM

If you do choose to store coins on Blockchain.com or any other web wallet, make sure you're using 2FA and all security measures available so your account doesn't get bruteforced or hacked into. Blockchain.com provides a nice instructional guide on how to do so in this article (click here). I've had an account broken into on Blockchain and its funds emptied last year, and though I moved the majority of my funds to the hardware wallets I now own, that was still a sizeable loss for me. Don't be complacent with security.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 02:39:59 AM

See when the prices are decreasing in the market, the very good option is to hold the coins instead of selling them for loos. Holding will always help us to make some decent profit when the market starts recovering. So always try to stay strong when the market cap is going down.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:35:20 AM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
As a holder, my advice is you should store your coins in a safe storage before you do hodl. Holding coins in a exchanger is really a risky decision because you do not have control to your coins. It is really good to store our coins in a hardware wallet for us to ensure the safety of our coins.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:29:50 PM

As a holder, my advice is you should store your coins in a safe storage before you do hodl. Holding coins in a exchanger is really a risky decision because you do not have control to your coins. It is really good to store our coins in a hardware wallet for us to ensure the safety of our coins.
Agreed with you! Its best to store in a hardware or a wallet that provide full control of private key. Basically, that would be open source wallet. I'm now using a secure wallet called Hodler and I find it good so far. Hodler will also launch their hardware wallet very soon.
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 03:49:57 PM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet like electrum and Hodler wallet?
It all depends, I don’t store my coins one place, I separate them. The coins I want to do trade with goes to exchange and they don’t stay long on exchange cause once I’m done I quickly move them to my main wallets (wallets, cause not one). I make use of hardware wallets, software (including mobile wallets), but they are just few –Blockchain and Nano S Ledger are my main.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 05:33:51 PM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet like electrum and Hodler wallet?

If you want to hold your Bitcoin electrum is one of the good cold wallet to storing it. Though, holding some altcoins in the exchange platform was also a good thing as long as the exchange has a good high volume in the market, just like Binance, Okex, Coinbene, Idax, Lbank and Kucoin are all good place to store your coins as long as you activate 2FA to all exchange which I had mentioned. 
rapsa2018

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:56:32 PM

But in other countries they have there own cryptocurrency wallets thats compatible in every coins as mentioned like btc,eth,bch and xrp for those wallets not usable it may cause a bad sign of your funds.
Biggle_Mike

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 02:49:19 PM

I HAVE My bitcoins in a hard wallet but my altcoins are stored on Mew. i prefer Mew Because i can sell it off anytime. i don't personally like to save altcoins in a hard wallet.

QUARKCHAIN - Blockchain Sharding Technology
IS A FLEXIBLE, SCALABLE, AND USER-ORIENTED BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE.[ (https://quarkchain.io)
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:58:58 AM

~

I prefer those desktop wallets (open source) like Electrum. It provides me a segwit address which could prove useful in lessening the fees I make in sending funds to other addresses. Somehow I have two different wallets having their own different uses:
From Electrum Wallet: I use them in some serious storage of my BTC in an isolated laptop/desktop computer that won't be used that much in connection in the Internet to avoid malicious software in gaining potential access to my private keys.
From Coins.ph Wallet: I just use them whenever I use something to buy credits for my mobile phone, and sometimes I use it to withdraw out my BTC to cash when I need it. Paying bills also is a plus, but I never quite used it though.
Depends on how you manage your funds on the preference of the wallet you use.
I once use electrum and I find it great since it is open source. its just that it can only hold bitcoin which cannot store other alt coin I prefer. I found the Hodler wallet which is the only multi open source wallet available. i have transferred my funds in Hodler, and exported all my wallet from jaxx to it. So far, I find it it great and nothing something strange happening.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: