Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:54:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding coins  (Read 2336 times)
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 11:52:53 PM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet like electrum and Hodler wallet?
Usually, I bought coins and joined in a bounty where can I store their tokens in MEW. I do not trust those coins that has their own wallet because it may be a scam. In fact, I never store at any exchange unless if it will be sold for more than a day. There is no such thing as safe storage in cryptocurrency because any digital thing may hack or inflicted by a virus. So, we should know how to protect our tokens and always look for it.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Mlowo

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 09:11:51 AM

I hold ETH coins, until now I continue to hold ETH coins, besides ETH coins usually the same as holding BTC coins, those two coins that I always invest in the trading market

Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:26:48 AM

Dont hold your coin on the crypto exchange, and hold there only if you want to trade. Too many issue of crypto exchange get hacked. In the beginning of this year, cryptopia exchange get hacked and we can not guarantee others exchange avoid the same issue. For long term hold , much better keep the coins on the private wallet that you have own control with the private key.

I think that depends on the exchange we are doing it mate. Though, holding gave a lot of help if they will become more patience, especially
if the coins is really has a capability to get higher in the future aside from bitcoin, and Ethereum. Then, put your coins in the most safest place storage wallet.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:49:31 PM

I hold ETH coins, until now I continue to hold ETH coins, besides ETH coins usually the same as holding BTC coins, those two coins that I always invest in the trading market
You are doing really good job ETH is good coin to hold as some of my friends are holding it and they told me good about it but I personally never tried it because I am holding only bitcoin, I am very happy for holding bitcoin it has given me good profit as till now I did not lose anything but I won huge amount of profit so holding your coin is one of the best way to get profit.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 03:56:42 PM

You are doing really good job ETH is good coin to hold as some of my friends are holding it and they told me good about it but I personally never tried it because I am holding only bitcoin, I am very happy for holding bitcoin it has given me good profit as till now I did not lose anything but I won huge amount of profit so holding your coin is one of the best way to get profit.

Well holding those two coins you both have  can be nerve wracking lol. Eth is quite in a depressing state right now. It's good if you're going to buy now but imagine those that started holding when the price was above 500usd. And bitcoin is only slightly better. Other alts have outperforned these top coins to start the year like tron and i've advise to look into the alt market while this bear season is still here.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:00:10 AM

Dont hold your coin on the crypto exchange, and hold there only if you want to trade. Too many issue of crypto exchange get hacked. In the beginning of this year, cryptopia exchange get hacked and we can not guarantee others exchange avoid the same issue. For long term hold , much better keep the coins on the private wallet that you have own control with the private key.

I think that depends on the exchange we are doing it mate. Though, holding gave a lot of help if they will become more patience, especially
if the coins is really has a capability to get higher in the future aside from bitcoin, and Ethereum. Then, put your coins in the most safest place storage wallet.
The point is that, exchange doesn't gives us the full control of our funds making as just depend on the credibility of the exchange while in fact we could have full control of our assets without third trusted party. In this way we could assure ourself that our funds are well kept.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:40:36 AM

The point is that, exchange doesn't gives us the full control of our funds making as just depend on the credibility of the exchange while in fact we could have full control of our assets without third trusted party. In this way we could assure ourself that our funds are well kept.

Agree . thats why i dont trust online exchange ever since i start investing in crypto im not a fan of putting my assets inside the exchange because i feel scared as i know that they are always the target of hackers  .   i rather opt to hold my coins inside my hardware wallet  since i have a vast range of coins on my portfolio .
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 02:48:26 AM

That is critical if we just put our coins in any exchanges, thus we can't guarantee of the safe keep and its control. Any possibilities of losing it especially when that certain exchanges will been hack or their is conspiracy inside.  To make is it more safe, we better kept in a wallet which we have control into it.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 04:23:43 AM

I think you need to hold tight your ETH and don't let it sold at a low price and the most important is you need to stay calm when you see ETH price moving fast to up and down. It is hard to hold ETH until now, and I know how it's feeling, but I still believe that ETH can be back to the higher price and I think ETH have a big chance to rise in the future.

Salauddin1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:20:34 AM

I think you need to hold tight your ETH and don't let it sold at a low price and the most important is you need to stay calm when you see ETH price moving fast to up and down. It is hard to hold ETH until now, and I know how it's feeling, but I still believe that ETH can be back to the higher price and I think ETH have a big chance to rise in the future.

If you hold a coin or a token, then it is best that you should check it well and then some kind of investment should be done above, because there are many things in trading which are very important to know.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:29:55 AM

Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet like electrum and Hodler wallet?
Our first priority when we are holding our coins is the safety and security of it. Hackers can stole our coins if we do not store our cryptos in a safe storage. I always prefer to store my coins in offline wallets for me to ensure that I am the only one who has access to my wallet.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 05:44:10 AM

I  believe that people won't make exchanges an option now after another known exchanges has been hacked. To my fellow traders, I know you have read or watched a topic about the best wallets for crypto and 99% of them does not recommend to put it on exchanges and they want you to use hardware wallets.
Salauddin1994

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:52:15 AM

I  believe that people won't make exchanges an option now after another known exchanges has been hacked. To my fellow traders, I know you have read or watched a topic about the best wallets for crypto and 99% of them does not recommend to put it on exchanges and they want you to use hardware wallets.
Yes, many exchanges are hacked 2017 middle and hole  2018, But if he uses the hardware wallet, he will get a lot of good security which is almost impossible to hack, more so that it can be said that there are many trusted exchanges(Ex.Bittrex,Binance) whose security is very hard to use them.
septi.JR

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 08:40:54 AM

It is better to save in the hardware wallet, because it is safer than on the market, because the market is hit by a very high ratio of hackers

````````````````██
```````````````████
``````````````██████``█
`````````````▓▓██████`██
````````````▓▓▓██████████
```````````▓▓▓▓▓██████████
``````````▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████
`````````███████████████████
````````█████████████████████
```````███████████████████████
`````██████████████████████████
````███████████``````███████▓▓▓▓
```████████████``````███████▓▓▓▓▓
``█████████████``````█████████▓▓▓▓
`████████``````````````````████████
█████████``````````````````█████████
█████████``````````````````██████████
``█████████████``````██████████████
`````██████████``````███████████
````````███████``````████████
```````````███████████████
``````````````█████████
Greentoken
ROCKZ
|
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:14:07 AM

It is better to save in the hardware wallet, because it is safer than on the market, because the market is hit by a very high ratio of hackers
Correct. I don't understand people trading huge amount of money but unable to buy a hardware wallet and just left this funds on trading exchanges. Don't wait till that exchanges gets hack and you lose your money. Better buy one, specially if you are planning to hold for long term.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
itulaj1

Activity: 300
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:12:48 AM

that's right, our bottom must be clever in storing our coins in a safe place, because everyone already knows. The market is currently unstable, and I advise you all to keep coins in a safe place, but I want to give you input for this post, you should enter a wallet link that you think is safe, so that new members can find out. thank you mate
Salauddin1994

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:05:11 PM

Correct. I don't understand people trading huge amount of money but unable to buy a hardware wallet and just left this funds on trading exchanges. Don't wait till that exchanges gets hack and you lose your money. Better buy one, specially if you are planning to hold for long term.
Yes, If you want to keep a few coins you do not need any hardware wallet, but if you think that you want to keep a lot or lots of money, you can use a hardware wallet, it's a lot of security.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:11:35 PM

I would rather keep my bitcoin on a trusted exchange site, at least the company stands in my country so that when they commit fraud, I can ask for compensation from them, it is easier to do and I also never save on exchange sites outside my country

Well I do not agree with you here because what if the exchanges where your coins are placed, is hacked ? how will government or anyone will return you funds ? Recently Cryptopia exchange was hacked and even the New Zealand police was not unable to find the hackers and all the funds of the people are lost.
The best way to save your coins is to use hardware wallet or at least use desktop wallet where you have control over your funds through private key.
UmerIdrees

Activity: 2282
Merit: 845

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 01:16:31 PM

Yes, If you want to keep a few coins you do not need any hardware wallet, but if you think that you want to keep a lot or lots of money, you can use a hardware wallet, it's a lot of security.

Yes, there is no point in buying a hardware wallet if you have limited funds. One of my friend, who recently entered in the crypto field purchased a hardware wallet. He did not even have half a btc and i think this is not wise decision. If you have less bitcoin i will prefer to use desktop wallet like Electrum (https://electrum.org/).

tarable

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:39:34 PM

holding the coin is a great way to get a big profit right now, because the market this year is likely to be a very good market so many people are using the method of holding
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: