Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stablecoins and why the ecosystem needs them  (Read 320 times)
A7373

Activity: 602
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:38:43 PM

Heard the news about Bitfinex exchange created margin trade with new pairs: USD/USDT?
Im really surprised.
oudekaas

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 09:14:31 PM

I think that stablecoins have positive influence on cryptomarket. But the ecosystem isn't needed in them. There are some coins which prices don't change at all. With stablecoins will come regulations.

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 09:31:25 PM

Stablecoins, in my eyes, do need to exist. The reason is that often times a one has to turn to stablecoins when the times get rough really fast and without any notice. For this and only this should stablecoins be used. The thing is that a lot of people use stablecoins as longtime holdings, that's a rather risky move to pull.

All it takes is someone to prove that there is no 1 to 1 backing to some certain stablecoin and it will explode out of existence.

So for short-term holding/decisions - yes, longtime holdings - no.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:34:22 AM

in my opinion people confuse two things. i believe we need stable coins but we do not need THESE stable coins.
the need is obvious since we need some sort of cryptocurrency that matches the things were trading with it which is cryptocurrencies. so that it can replace fiat and all the troubles that fiat has, specially the bank involvement in it and the troubles They cause!
but the problem is that the current existing stable coins are not only not-stable but also they are centralized so the only thing we were avoiding (the middle mad aka banks) is being re-introduced into the system through stable coins! which doesn't make any sense at all...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
chakhigh

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:02:57 AM

Stablecoins are not bad.. they are just an other solution for crypto price volatility.. I love the "Tokenized precious metals" model in the current Gigzi project. When fiat Stablecoins may be weak and don't have a strong "life span" ..Precious metal, like Gold can change the whole game..

Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:15:50 AM

I think Stable coins of greater interest can be the government, not ordinary people!
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:16:50 AM

I think this article brings up a good point about stablecoins and their position next to bitcoin: https://www.strictlycrypto.com/stablecoins-why-does-the-ecosystem-needs-them/

Thoughts?

I agree that Stablecoins facilitate the trading of crypto money. But it still doesn't feel like a must. Or it sounds like we could find better solutions.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: