Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Projects with KYC are contradicting privacy efforts of Blockchain  (Read 106 times)
X-Infinity (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 03:50:23 AM

Knowing your customers (KYC) is a controversial topic when it comes to privacy standards in the World of Crypto. However, it serves great importance when unabused. By knowing who their customers are, companies can help prevent crimes such as money laundering, bribery and corruption, fraud, identity theft and terrorism. KYC is designed to filter out those individuals with no real interest in the ICO and only care about laundering their money so that it is hard to trace its true origins. https://medium.com/@XIF_Official/the-importance-of-kyc-in-the-crypto-world-a40ff02b8d57.
limtjoehua

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:53:42 AM

Because privacy is the authority of every person that must be protected, can the company provide a guarantee that the user's personal data can be secure? What if it is leaked, stolen and misused? Who loses? Definitely their users.

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
florac9

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:59:31 AM

I'm not that of an idiot to share my identity because of any ICO ,I always stay away from them ,who knows maybe in the future when digital has gone to higher levels your identify might be used for anything illegal and put one at risk ,moreover no guaranteed that it won't be leak,I'd stay away from any ICO requesting KYC

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 06:09:06 AM

Giving out identity just because of ICO might not be the best,but if we can be careful enough not to give our identity to those that will take advantage if us then is not a bad idea after all.
GrabityManager
Copper Member

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 06:37:49 AM

Know Your Customer

Thats good.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 07:01:48 AM

It really is a big issue in the ICO investment, but I will hesitate to do KYC if the company that will ask of it are not compliant to the government where they are working on, KYC is ok if the project is successful but what if you do KYC and the company is nowhere to be found after a few months?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: