Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is airdrop?  (Read 237 times)
Rosaa Givens (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:16:59 AM

Someone tell me what is airdrop?I don't know about this.
99Rifat99

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:19:17 AM

I say briefly what is the airdrop

When a new Cryptocurrency company like Bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum comes online Initially, those Cryptocurrency sell their coins or tokens at a lower price. So they give some coins for free to introduce their coins online and these coins are called AirDrop.

However, it is not possible to say that all the coins will remain in place because the Cryptocurrency website also can do scam sometimes.
We do not want to take the risk because there is a riskless investment method. That's called Free Coin Offering or Airdrop. It's basically a form of ICO. Here the coins will be given for free on the signup. In some cases, ICO's official Telegram or Like on Facebook or Twitter is to follow.

Bitcoin's market price was less than $ 1 in 2010, but now it is $ 3500+. If you keep free coins on 50-60 sites and there are at least 5 sites in it, then you can earn hundreds of dollars effortlessly.

What do you do with these free airdrop coins?

Free airdrop coins, Keep these coins until you have finished the entire lunch. When the sites are full lunch, you can take the coins on your Bitcoin or Ethereum wallet. Most sites offer Ethereum wallet in coins. That's why it's always good to use My Ether Wallet instead of Coinbase's wallet.

The sites can go to Scam. But its ratios are less, that is, the probability of most sites scam is less or equal. The price of any cryptocurrency cannot be told after a few days. The coins that cost $ 1 during the ICO, ICO may be $ 5 to $ 20 or more at the next. These sites are available from the first $1- $10, and the price of ICO can be up to 4 times or more.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:21:57 AM

Airdrop means distribution a coin or token to a number of wallet addresses for small tasks or totally free. The airdrop's main targets are getting followers and members, building an audience with interesting people etc.
Rosaa Givens (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:34:55 AM

I say briefly what is the airdrop

When a new Cryptocurrency company like Bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum comes online Initially, those Cryptocurrency sell their coins or tokens at a lower price. So they give some coins for free to introduce their coins online and these coins are called AirDrop.

However, it is not possible to say that all the coins will remain in place because the Cryptocurrency website also can do scam sometimes.
We do not want to take the risk because there is a riskless investment method. That's called Free Coin Offering or Airdrop. It's basically a form of ICO. Here the coins will be given for free on the signup. In some cases, ICO's official Telegram or Like on Facebook or Twitter is to follow.

Bitcoin's market price was less than $ 1 in 2010, but now it is $ 3500+. If you keep free coins on 50-60 sites and there are at least 5 sites in it, then you can earn hundreds of dollars effortlessly.

Free airdrop coins, Keep these coins until you have finished the entire lunch. When the sites are full lunch, you can take the coins on your Bitcoin or Ethereum wallet. Most sites offer Ethereum wallet in coins. That's why it's always good to use My Ether Wallet instead of Coinbase's wallet.

The sites can go to Scam. But its ratios are less, that is, the probability of most sites scam is less or equal. The price of any cryptocurrency cannot be told after a few days. The coins that cost $ 1 during the ICO, ICO may be $ 5 to $ 20 or more at the next. These sites are available from the first $1- $10, and the price of ICO can be up to 4 times or more.

Thanks a lot. I am clear now about this.You are a good teacher i think.
Rosaa Givens (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:45:36 AM

Airdrop means distribution a coin or token to a number of wallet addresses for small tasks or totally free. The airdrop's main targets are getting followers and members, building an audience with interesting people etc.

I think it means advertising by giving some new coin by signup joining telegram/facebook/twitter/instagram etc.Am i right??Now i am clear bro and still trying to gathering knowledge.Thanks
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:50:43 AM

You can actually understand the airdrop as a new crypto promotion gift event. Whenever a new crypto is born, not many people know about it at the beginning, so their developers will promote coins, and distributed to people in the form of "free", in fact, it can be considered that this is not free, because you need to help them promote their coins.
In a word, airdrop is that you didn’t spend money to get crypto.

Loser
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10856

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 11:51:03 AM

<…>
That’s a more specific question.

From a user’s perspective, an airdrop is the reception of coins/tokens that an ICO decides to give away for free, normally (but not always) in the shape of an ERC20 token (that runs on the Ethereum Network). The quantities airdropped are normally small, and very often reach a measly market value if any, although one may be lucky and encounter one of those exceptional cases where it actually reaches a fair value.

The objective of the ICO is to promote itself by making it’s token known to the general public, in an intent (in general) to create buzz and generate potential prospect buyers of their token upon sale. The cost for the ICO is none, since the tokens are basically created out of thin air and not backed by anything of value.

On this forum there are multiple airdrop announced threads, although you may often encounter:

-   That an airdrop is not really an airdrop, but part of a campaign requiring you to perform certain (publicity) tasks. It is therefore not free in these cases, as it requires your time.

-   The airdrop may be a scam (as are many ICOs), and they are basically demanding your personal data for obscure purposes (i.e. email, name, etc.)

-   Some airdrops require KYC (Know Your Customer). This is theoretically to cover their backs legally, but in practice, one should really consider providing the information required, since it normally involves sending a photograph of your passport and such. Illegitimate use could lead to fraud by impersonating you (for a few normally worthless tokens after all).

-   More often than not, people look over their portafolio of airdropped tokens and see that month after month their aggregate values is close to just a few dozens of dollars (so don’t get your hopes up too high).
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:11:14 PM

I think it means advertising by giving some new coin by signup joining telegram/facebook/twitter/instagram etc.Am i right??Now i am clear bro and still trying to gathering knowledge.Thanks

Yes, it is, and there have advanced campaigns than airdrops. Those campaigns called bounties. Bounties are different than airdrops. Because airdrops have one time tasks. If you do some tasks one time, you're enough to get rewards. Bounties giving weekly tasks like retweets, facebook sharing etc. You have to do that kind of tasks weekly until end of the campaign. You can get more rewards from bounties than airdrops. Now, those campaigns are famous and one campaign getting a large number of participants. Then the rewards will be decreased per participant. But if you have more skills, you can get more rewards from helping the project with your skills. If you want to participate bounties, you can find all the bounty threads from Bounties (Altcoins) official section.
Fenya96

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:19:32 PM

The answer for this one is quite simple: NOTHING. After joining around 100 airdrops at the beginning of this year, I can say that most of the joined airdoprs did not even send the tokens. This might be becouse the ICO wasn't succesful, the airdrop wasn't legit or it was just for phishing purposes (this is why you never use your main email and the same password all ver again). Those airdrops that paid are useless too: around 50-70% of tokens never get listed anywhere and the rest of them quickly lost the value and now they are sitting in my wallet worth almost nothing. I do not recommend participating in airdops, although some of us might have been more lucky. Please share those stories here too!

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeOTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ ListingCommunity
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:20:02 PM

In addition to what has been said, sn airdrop could be borne out of the split of a currency.
Last year, august 17, bitcoin split to form a fork; Bitcoin Cash. All holders of bitcoin were airdropped the same quantity in BCH, without having to pay for it.

tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 01:17:48 PM

Airdrop could be a way to get free tokens without investing any amount this can be done,by just only doing task that they want you to do.  Or the other one is by holding the required coin to get the airdrop token.

CryptoMobster

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

Educator | YouTuber

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 02:13:16 PM

Can also be masked as a scam. Please check to see what the airdrop is, by who and most importantly IF any airdrop form has 'private keys' (giving them your private keys) you must report it.

But all above is correct, just make sure you do your DD on them.

Labonikhatun

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:01:04 AM

Airdrops are the process in which a cryptocurrency project distributes free digital tokens to increase awareness in the community. This is usually a marketing strategy that is carried out by blockchain based startups to reach out to new crypto fanatics. Events like this are a great way to increase the adoption of digital currencies and introduce new people to the concept of crypto. Airdrop can be viewed as a promotional activity mostly performed by blockchain based startups to bootstrap their virtual currency project. However, one genuine way of earing through cryptocurrency is airdrop.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 12:32:25 PM

Airdrop are ways by which projects are made known to a lot of people.  It is a way of creating awareness about projects and giving away free tokens to people.  It also involves making small tasks for a project.

Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 09:38:32 PM

The coloured text made your work unpleasant well airdrop is in a way regard as a form of bounty or earning where token are airdroped on the participants

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: