Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:57:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Whales Holding More ETH  (Read 457 times)
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

it's not surprising to see whales buy when the opportunity comes, i guess whales are completely different compare to normal trader, instead of selling they increased their holdings, better to sell at the right time and not go too greedy you might miss the opportunity for huge profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:43:28 PM

Ethereum Whales Holding More ETH

Using metrics provided by TokenAnalyst, Diar determined that whale Ethereum holdings have been increasing steadily throughout 2018 despite the extended bear market. Holdings of the top 500 whales are equivalent to 20 million ETH, slightly less than 20 percent of the total circulating supply and equaling approximately $2.3 billion.

The whales have increased their relative holdings by 80 percent since the beginning of the year, with speculation that ICO projects are exiting their native token positions as the primary driver. Analysis by both TokenAnalyst and BitMEX Research confirms that many ICOs have exited their positions, with the majority of projects selling as much ETH as they raised in USD.

As the market decline continues and Ethereum’s current price sitting at ~ $110, increasing downward pressure on ICO project runways is likely. Total whale addresses have also dropped by 30 percent since the beginning of the year. Despite this, active whales seem to be consolidating their positions as Q4 is shaping up at a 270 percent increase in net balance growth compared to Q3. An important qualifier is that 90 percent of the total $1 billion in net balance additions of 2018 came in Q1, at the height of the ICO frenzy.

https://driveinsider.com/analyzing-eth-whale-holdings/?fbclid=IwAR3Zns1fPPJtXqzYgukaPCHYwNJQDEnPwy3ONwrGdmsE0oLHZk9LSyFvt_I

What a good news for Ethereum holders. It shows that Ethereum has a future and that it is not dead because with recent big dump more and more people are talking negatively about Ethereum.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:45:52 PM

Considering AT LEAST half of them are exchanges there is nothing new to care.

Yeah, the exchanges acquisition made more ethereum this year compared the previous years because the only time ethereum really worth anything was the last days of last year and ever since those times the price has been going lower and lower which means there is still volume in there that you basically use constantly to sell and that gives the exchanges the fee's they are looking for and make more of.

Hence, this is now really that big of a shock to anyone who understands how the exchanges work and why do they have the biggest wallets in the crypto world. They don't even have just one wallet, they spread it over couple wallets so they could potentially own ALL of these wallets together.
towi078

Activity: 470
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:47:49 PM

To be sure, the whales know the right time to make a purchase. So they get a big discount, and in time, they will sell it at a big profit
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:52:54 PM

There is nothing surprising in the fact that whales buy up assets at that moment when the market is at the bottom!
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:05:16 PM

Ethereum Whales Holding More ETH

Using metrics provided by TokenAnalyst, Diar determined that whale Ethereum holdings have been increasing steadily throughout 2018 despite the extended bear market. Holdings of the top 500 whales are equivalent to 20 million ETH, slightly less than 20 percent of the total circulating supply and equaling approximately $2.3 billion.

The whales have increased their relative holdings by 80 percent since the beginning of the year, with speculation that ICO projects are exiting their native token positions as the primary driver. Analysis by both TokenAnalyst and BitMEX Research confirms that many ICOs have exited their positions, with the majority of projects selling as much ETH as they raised in USD.

As the market decline continues and Ethereum’s current price sitting at ~ $110, increasing downward pressure on ICO project runways is likely. Total whale addresses have also dropped by 30 percent since the beginning of the year. Despite this, active whales seem to be consolidating their positions as Q4 is shaping up at a 270 percent increase in net balance growth compared to Q3. An important qualifier is that 90 percent of the total $1 billion in net balance additions of 2018 came in Q1, at the height of the ICO frenzy.

https://driveinsider.com/analyzing-eth-whale-holdings/?fbclid=IwAR3Zns1fPPJtXqzYgukaPCHYwNJQDEnPwy3ONwrGdmsE0oLHZk9LSyFvt_I

What a good news for Ethereum holders. It shows that Ethereum has a future and that it is not dead because with recent big dump more and more people are talking negatively about Ethereum.

Ethereum  will be good for short and long term both. An hard fork of Ethereum is planned early next year and it will really be the price boom for eth. Even after the fork, I think Eth will regain its number 2 spot in coin market cap.
oho

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:12:08 PM

This is the logical step of the whales! Unfortunately, many people panicked and sold ETH! And I think that there is a moment of manipulation, that ETH has some unexpected development that will attract new interest in it!

[
vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:25:53 PM

They are right and they know what to do, newbies panic and sell afther all this there will be big whales and users with nothing then prices would be much more higher and that whales with millions only sellers in market you can see same situation with BTC who has most of them now, not newbies they who understood what was going and holded.

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 03:30:57 PM

Not just whales, but anyone who has experience as an investor has been accumulating their coins the past month.

Once the market crashed and btc went below $6000, that was the signal to buy up.
For eth, when it went below $100, that was the signal to buy too.
With ICOs desperate to sell their eth to stay afloat, there was also volume to continuosly buy at the price you wanted.

Eth will rise above $1000 again.
Even buying eth now, that is an insane 1000% gain.
People don't realize how much opportunity there is right now and instead are focusing on how the ICO market is shot.
If one form of trading becomes not profitable, move on to another.
Because in the end, you really just gotta buy low and sell high.

Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:48:21 PM

ETH still has great trust from the public, some say that ETH will replace BTC.

ETH's credibility is very good, but today, I saw that the ETH position was defeated by XRP.

ETH has many whales, but XRP has a lot of banks and large inventory.

JeBro

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 09:50:59 AM

Accumulating such a huge amount of Ethereum on whale wallets may indicate the future growth of Ether. I think the best option would be to follow the example of the whales and ourselves to accumulate volumes of Ethereum.

maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 01:05:56 AM

whales will continue to hold their ethereum and when they see a good increase they will sell it all and then the market will fall again.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Rockkey

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:09:55 AM

This statistics once again proves to me that the logic familiar to us does not work where the interests of the whales take place. What looked like a deep crisis for us and the loss of a huge amount of money by us - for whales there was only an artificially created opportunity to multiply the size of their already huge multimillion deposits.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:47:33 AM

Well, I will do so if I have plenty of money as well. Accumulating coins during low prices is a good move for sure, especially toward strong coin like ETH. It is easy to earn multiple times profit when the market turns bullish.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:34:41 AM

Well, I will do so if I have plenty of money as well. Accumulating coins during low prices is a good move for sure, especially toward strong coin like ETH. It is easy to earn multiple times profit when the market turns bullish.
One of the reasons why the whales will keep winning and those who are simply looking for a way to get rich overnight will end up becoming extremely stuck in their mentality till they keep losing out eventually. At this moment, Ethereum has taken out most of its last year gains and this is obviously a time to be accumulating. Of course the whales are definitely doing that, so it is left for each and every individual to as well be seeing that as an opportunity to be seeing a good chance to get in now if they are smart.
Hans Groober

Activity: 276

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:41:05 AM

it's not surprising to see whales buy when the opportunity comes, i guess whales are completely different compare to normal trader, instead of selling they increased their holdings, better to sell at the right time and not go too greedy you might miss the opportunity for huge profit.

Naturally. The fall in prices in the crypto market was specially organized by whales in order to buy as many coins as possible at falling prices. As soon as the whales buy the right amount of coins, we will see a crypto market increase.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
Simayi

Activity: 360
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:42:15 AM

There are many whales that hold Ethereum, because Ethereum can be converted into many altcoins, and Ethereum is very convenient to use in the crypto market.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:58:03 AM

Whales are buying with discount and thus book good profits when the prices again hit the peak prices of past. I am also holding good amount of ETH and expect that the prices will be at least 5 times the current value this year itself. That is when I will be cashing out most of it.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:58:14 AM

It's not a exciting news, if I had money then I would have buy more ETH as the value is very cheap and it's is a chance to buy more coins. If the market turns green then we can make good profit in a short time, however I am waiting to see the ETH hardfork this month.

Am I spamming? Report me!
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:58:09 PM

I think it is not just whales at this point. Look at the topics here, everyone is talking about the hard fork and everyone talks about how ethereum passed XRP at marketcap and how they must be doing something good for the coin since its looking like its going better and there is a bigger potential now and if we stayed with PoW these wouldn't happen and all that news.

Hence, I think yeah at this point whales already grabbed as much as they can but the smaller investors are getting into it as well. By smaller I do not mean couple hundred, I mean people with millions of dollars already invested but people with 10-50 thousand dollars is investing as well. I have seen people who sold their rigs and bought eth with it which honestly shows how much people love ethereum.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: