Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:31:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to Patreon? Clica.net, a membership platform based on Bitcoins  (Read 21171 times)
clicanet (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 01:09:04 AM
Merited by Vod (5), 1337ip (2), vv181 (1), eternalgloom (1)

Hello everyone, after so much time working we're finally announcing this week the new version of Clica.net, we exist since 2010 (but as a blog only) and now we are open for everyone who wants to sell monthly membership plans, digital or physical products, create paid posts, create subscription tiers, etc. It's easy to use and mobile friendly. We're adding more features in the next days too. Below a print of the deposit screen.

https://i.imgur.com/5GTozst.jpg

You can enter and create your page (it's free).

Hope to hear some feedback from you.

Thanks
clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 01:30:41 AM

We will create an "explore creators" place showing the pages created there too.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 11:18:20 AM

Just created a page for testing it out, looking pretty good actually.
I mean, the design is way less appeasing to the eye than Patreon's design, but that shouldn't matter too much.

I wish I could test it with video content, but I don't have any such content that I could put on there.

clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 02:39:00 PM

Thank you very much for testing Smiley

I'm adding bb code in the next days too, with that you will be able to embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo, etc on your posts with a code like that: [youtube]video_url[/youtube]

And then I'll add the possibility to put more images on the posts too.
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 04:36:40 PM

No problem, the signup process for very straightforward and went without any issues.

Do people have the option of setting up recurring payments by depositing a large amount of BTC onto the website?
I've signed up as a creator, so I'm not sure if I can see if that works.

Also, how do I actually share my page with people? Tongue

clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 06:37:12 PM

Yes, the subscriptions are monthly. So, if I deposit $10 in my wallet and subscribe your page for $2 / month for example, I'm charged $2 in that moment and $2 again every day 1 of next months. If I run out of funds, the system will automatically cancel the subscription and the member will lose access to posts on that tier.

About the page, I just created right now a page where you can see your page's link and you can tweet or share on Facebook too.

Click on "My Page > Settings > Invite your friend"

https://i.imgur.com/5CuCNlq.png

Thanks Smiley
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 09:00:05 PM

Aha, great I see it!

I'll ask someone tomorrow to test it out, that will probably give you some more info as well Wink
Will update soon and report any bugs or issues when I come across them!

clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 12:59:30 AM

Nice! Thank you very much, all feedback is welcome and I'll be adding much more features, like an API to create automatic integrations with websites: https://github.com/clicanet/clica_api

Widgets for websites too (in Javascript) and the possibility to add images on the tiers.

Well, there are a lot yet, I'll be updating everything on the blog, twitter, etc.
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 12:35:17 PM

Okay, testing it in a few days, I have someone who's willing to test it out, but they're not available at the moment.
If you're interested, you can always send a small amount in Bitcoin just for testing purposes.

I have no problem using my own money, but it will take a bit longer in that case Tongue

If you're interested: bc1qltpzzzyglvtqttxe2wk7zdd0njr4u2xt5g4m9x (a couple of dollars would suffice)
Then I'd just create another account myself and 'support' myself through your website.

I'm not going to put my reputation here on the line to scam you and it's completely up to you anyway. It would just speed up the testing process.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 04:02:10 PM

Some general feedback

1. Please accept other major coins like ETH/Doge along with Bitcoins.
2. The website is nicely designed but still lacks the professional structuring. This is important because your project has potential and you don't want someone else to do it better than you.
3. You said the prices will be displayed in dollars why? It's a Bitcoin-based platform and you should motivate people to get used to bitcoin units.
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 05:30:09 PM

Some general feedback

1. Please accept other major coins like ETH/Doge along with Bitcoins.
2. The website is nicely designed but still lacks the professional structuring. This is important because your project has potential and you don't want someone else to do it better than you.
3. You said the prices will be displayed in dollars why? It's a Bitcoin-based platform and you should motivate people to get used to bitcoin units.

I don't quite agree with points 1 and 3.

1. It's not bad to just start out with accepting Bitcoin exclusively, this is obviously a new service, he doesn't have to accept multiple cryptocurrencies all at once.

3. Nothing wrong with that. It's just easier for people. I imagine he also wants to attract regular users; I personally don't even want to do the calculations myself anyways.
Besides with the volatility being so high, it also makes sense to use the fiat equivalents.

clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 05:38:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, like eternalgloom said, the price in dollars will be to attract people that doesn't know too much what is a bitcoin, it's more for easy undestanding / conversion.

Eternalgloom, the address you sent me is your BTC address? I tried here to check on blockchain and appears to be wrong: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/bc1qltpzzzyglvtqttxe2wk7zdd0njr4u2xt5g4m9x

I'll send you some Bitcoins so you can test (I already tested it with 3 accounts, I can subscribe to your page if that's the case), and you will see how it works, what do you think?
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 07:50:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, like eternalgloom said, the price in dollars will be to attract people that doesn't know too much what is a bitcoin, it's more for easy undestanding / conversion.

Eternalgloom, the address you sent me is your BTC address? I tried here to check on blockchain and appears to be wrong: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/bc1qltpzzzyglvtqttxe2wk7zdd0njr4u2xt5g4m9x

I'll send you some Bitcoins so you can test (I already tested it with 3 accounts, I can subscribe to your page if that's the case), and you will see how it works, what do you think?

It's a Bech32 segwit address, blockchain.com doesn't support that Wink

Normally you can send it using most wallets, I personally use Electrum.
If it doesn't work you can also use this, but I'd spend more on fees Tongue

1L4YivhNy444LqkU12jJvHCX81zTYG1Sxz

Edit:

Yeah or you can just support me directly, I'll give you a review afterwards Smiley

clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 08:27:25 PM

Right! I just sent you $2 so you can test: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/58a8ffcb708801f2277edcb030032660cae969270ec18d8c6fa1fa584089473d

Click on Deposit and transfer to the wallet there. Then, wait some seconds and click on "Refresh Balance".

And, paste your link here so I can subscribe you too Smiley

Thanks
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 08:33:13 PM

Yup, received it and sent it to my other account, same e-mail address, but with an 8 between my first and last name Wink
Just made the deposit, waiting for confirmations.

Here's my creator account:

https://www.clica.net/user/1102583103

How many confirmations do deposits need before they show up in your account btw?
You might want to add that information somewhere.

clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 08:39:28 PM

Nice! Now you have a new member Smiley

Right now is 0 confirmations, but I'll change to wait for 1 confirmation then, to avoid double spend.
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 08:45:15 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2018, 08:57:09 PM by eternalgloom

Aha yeah, I was a bit confused.
Refreshing the page itself didn't show my deposit, but clicking the little refresh button next to my balance did the job. (probably something with the browser cache)

It's working pretty good, I have to say. I'll write an article on Steemit about your service, probably next week or so, I'll let you know when it's published.
https://steemit.com/@daan

And thanks for being my first subscriber! Wink

Edit:

I'll look at this some more tomorrow and i'll probably build my page a bit more.
Really cool project, I'm a big fan!

clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 08:58:34 PM

That's amazing, thank you very much! Yes, right now to refresh the balance works only when you click on the button to refresh. I did that to make the pages load faster (otherwise, the system will check the balance everytime the user click on any page and this may take some extra seconds to make the page load).

I'll probably add the refresh balance arrow on the top.

Do you received the e-mail notifications too?

Thanks for testing and for the article too Smiley
clicanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 09:08:56 PM

Nice, I'm really glad you enjoyed it, can't wait to see more people using to add the "explore creators" features, so I can promote all pages there by turning them public on the first page.
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 09:10:49 PM

I didn't receive the e-mail notifications, since they were turned off by default.
I've turned them on now though.

I personally wouldn't mind if they were turned on by default, since I'd want to know when someone supports me.
That's definitely not considered spam IMO.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: