Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does it mean to buy on the Dip?  (Read 1612 times)
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 04:27:39 AM

I'm new to bitcoin but not new to the stock market.  I know what stock buying on the dip means in terms of buying stocks, but am wondering exactly what does that mean when attempting to time a bitcoin purchase.

For instance, I notice that the 'market' for bitcoin is different than stocks.   Bitcoins trade 24 hours a day, whereas the stock market has a time limit.  There is a beginning and ending to each day.  Using a Candlestick chart pattern for a stock makes sense because the day does have a beginning and ending.  But in terms of Bitcoin, there is an "agreement" that a day should be something related to UTC . . . but still a 24 hour clock - which means candlesticks are kind of 'artificially' created because people want a visual reference and a way to determine technicals . . . if one believes in technical analysis.

A pullback or dip could then be determined by technical analysis - support and resistance, Moving Averages, RSI, MACD, or using other tools.  But it doesn't answer my question in terms of what is a 'dip' for a bitcoin buyer.

Bitcoins appear to trade in wild swings up or down, and from what I've read over 60% of trades are WASHES . . . which means the volume or trades are fake.

So when some bitcoin 'expert' suggests to 'buy on the dip' is that dip during a day trading scenario, a weekly scenario, a monthly scenario?    Would a bitcoin trader think of a 'dip' differently than a HODLer?     

This recent move in price from about $3200 to $4100 seems to be manipulated to me.  A jump in price is happening everyday.  Is that how bitcoin and crypto actually behaves?  That doesn't give much time for a person to make up his or her mind on whether to purchase or not.  They end up chasing.   A whale would love that.   (For instance I have decided to buy and sell on Coinbase Pro.  Lower commission.  BUT it takes 5, 8, maybe 10 days for money to actually appear in your account to trade!   That is so IRONIC considering the technology of Bitcoin, LTC and others are suppose to speed up transaction time.  But the system being used to add money takes days . . . a week . . . or more!   Of course using Coinbase is different than Pro . . . but if someone wants to make small bites at bitcoin, it doesn't make sense to pay 10% commission!   I checked.  For instance, a $10 dollar Bitcoin purchase on Coinbase asked for a .99 fee.  BUT a $100 purchase asked for something like 2.99 fee.   The small guy is on the hook for a higher % fee.   Coinbase obviously want people with $$ and not small fish . . . although the Whales want small fish to eat their $$.    I read the average buy for Cryptos is about $150.  If the average person is buying at that rate, in order to move the price higher requires Whales or Organizations to do so because small players can't make the market at this point in time by themselves in my opinion.)

What would a ''dip' now represent for a HODLer . . . hoping to retest an area around 3600?  or how about the off chance of retesting 3200?  In stocks, once passing an area of resistance can become 'support' and therefore I'm inclined to think that that might be the kind of 'dip' some a referring to.  The problem, many don't say exactly what kind of 'dip' they are expecting relating to what kind of chart . . .4 hour, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

OR is a dip having nothing to do with an area of resistance or support . . . but has to do with a price drop of 10%?  or placing a personal 'dip' price of correcting 5%, 10%, 15% or anything one assigns to it?

Hope I get some honest questions as to how some folks view buying on the dip; and if not successful at that, there is always the buying once a week on a set day regardless of price.  I suppose that's the HODL approach . . . which I do not intend to be stuck in front of my computer the rest of my life tying to gauge a market at least 50% controlled by folks or organizations that have a world of bitcoin to manipulate the market.    I just want to participate.

That's the exact term of strategy if you want to achieve for a better future because HODL is the only way to gain profit from a long term period  but just need a patience and calm. that's very good technique buy a low price like now exactly what affordable price. Now is the right time to buy a stock of bitcoin because its so very affordable price, so just buy it and plan to invest in a future.   

anamie

Activity: 485
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 05:06:43 AM

"buy on the Dip" which is means when buying bitcoins/altcoins  it should be at lowest price but this is actually very hard especially on newbies since the crypto market is unpredictable even those pro trader's in crypto can't actually predict the market.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 06:09:33 AM

when the price is falling like this then we have to buy as much as possible, so when the bull run occurs we will get huge profit.
Right, cause this is our oppurtunity to buy more bitcoins and hold it and when the times the market value is increasing this is our chance to get more profit in our investment, and I think this strategy is best for investor's to gain more profit.

incomefromcoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:29:42 PM

buying the dip means buying the particular coin at the lowest price it might be years low or more lower than all time low any of this combination buying dip in the bear market is more possible
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:50:34 PM

It is necessary to understand with us here the experience of sharing what and when we buy / stock up 😅

Personally, I don’t care how much a cue ball stands today or tomorrow .. I’m capturing it, and if not at a free outlet, then close to it. Iron enough, and repulsed by 90 +%

Moreover, it is now Siberian winter, the rooms are warming and so it is necessary.
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:56:36 PM

I personally think this was the dip on bitcoin and will be a great time to buy on bitcoin. We all still hoping this new year will be a great year for bitcoin after the drop. Hope it will come true and make all investors happy

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:32:34 PM

I personally think this was the dip on bitcoin and will be a great time to buy on bitcoin. We all still hoping this new year will be a great year for bitcoin after the drop. Hope it will come true and make all investors happy
For me,buy on the dip means you buy those potential coins with their lowest price.The market is having a downward trend that makes a good opportunity for traders to buy and hold the coins.Hopefull this dips we are currently facing will now come to an end.The bearish season is over once a bull run will occur.

TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 06:28:12 PM

For me,buy on the dip means you buy those potential coins with their lowest price.The market is having a downward trend that makes a good opportunity for traders to buy and hold the coins.Hopefull this dips we are currently facing will now come to an end.The bearish season is over once a bull run will occur.
Still don't know how to decide which is dip of coin in markets. I always bought coins that i think already in lowest point, but keep down and down again. Maybe if someone can buy coin in dip position, he is very luck or buy coin step by step.

Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:22:00 PM

Every price can be classified as a dip, as Long as it is lower than the current trading price. If only bitcoin has  risen higher than that price before, then buying at that price wouldn't be risky because there is a possibility that the price will go higher for you to make profit.

Timmzzy

Activity: 785
Merit: 34

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:41:49 PM

I'm new to bitcoin but not new to the stock market.  I know what stock buying on the dip means in terms of buying stocks, but am wondering exactly what does that mean when attempting to time a bitcoin purchase.

For instance, I notice that the 'market' for bitcoin is different than stocks.   Bitcoins trade 24 hours a day, whereas the stock market has a time limit.  There is a beginning and ending to each day.  Using a Candlestick chart pattern for a stock makes sense because the day does have a beginning and ending.  But in terms of Bitcoin, there is an "agreement" that a day should be something related to UTC . . . but still a 24 hour clock - which means candlesticks are kind of 'artificially' created because people want a visual reference and a way to determine technicals . . . if one believes in technical analysis.

A pullback or dip could then be determined by technical analysis - support and resistance, Moving Averages, RSI, MACD, or using other tools.  But it doesn't answer my question in terms of what is a 'dip' for a bitcoin buyer.

Bitcoins appear to trade in wild swings up or down, and from what I've read over 60% of trades are WASHES . . . which means the volume or trades are fake.

So when some bitcoin 'expert' suggests to 'buy on the dip' is that dip during a day trading scenario, a weekly scenario, a monthly scenario?    Would a bitcoin trader think of a 'dip' differently than a HODLer?     

This recent move in price from about $3200 to $4100 seems to be manipulated to me.  A jump in price is happening everyday.  Is that how bitcoin and crypto actually behaves?  That doesn't give much time for a person to make up his or her mind on whether to purchase or not.  They end up chasing.   A whale would love that.   (For instance I have decided to buy and sell on Coinbase Pro.  Lower commission.  BUT it takes 5, 8, maybe 10 days for money to actually appear in your account to trade!   That is so IRONIC considering the technology of Bitcoin, LTC and others are suppose to speed up transaction time.  But the system being used to add money takes days . . . a week . . . or more!   Of course using Coinbase is different than Pro . . . but if someone wants to make small bites at bitcoin, it doesn't make sense to pay 10% commission!   I checked.  For instance, a $10 dollar Bitcoin purchase on Coinbase asked for a .99 fee.  BUT a $100 purchase asked for something like 2.99 fee.   The small guy is on the hook for a higher % fee.   Coinbase obviously want people with $$ and not small fish . . . although the Whales want small fish to eat their $$.    I read the average buy for Cryptos is about $150.  If the average person is buying at that rate, in order to move the price higher requires Whales or Organizations to do so because small players can't make the market at this point in time by themselves in my opinion.)

What would a ''dip' now represent for a HODLer . . . hoping to retest an area around 3600?  or how about the off chance of retesting 3200?  In stocks, once passing an area of resistance can become 'support' and therefore I'm inclined to think that that might be the kind of 'dip' some a referring to.  The problem, many don't say exactly what kind of 'dip' they are expecting relating to what kind of chart . . .4 hour, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

OR is a dip having nothing to do with an area of resistance or support . . . but has to do with a price drop of 10%?  or placing a personal 'dip' price of correcting 5%, 10%, 15% or anything one assigns to it?

Hope I get some honest questions as to how some folks view buying on the dip; and if not successful at that, there is always the buying once a week on a set day regardless of price.  I suppose that's the HODL approach . . . which I do not intend to be stuck in front of my computer the rest of my life tying to gauge a market at least 50% controlled by folks or organizations that have a world of bitcoin to manipulate the market.    I just want to participate.

Buy on the dip is always been said by traders, who are full time into trading, now buying at dip really count out the looses, the more you buy at dip the more you cut out looses, that's if you have buy at high price and later it dip on you there in other not to get burnt out of the trade.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:51:09 PM

Always buy low and sell high this is the market strategy. So use this chance to buy more bitcoins now and hold it for future. Once the bitcoin price will touch the moon at that time we can sell a d earn huge profit. Till that we need hope and patience to hold the bitcoin. Because it takes long time some times to touch the massive price. So don't worry about current situation just hold it till the market recover.
enogheghase123
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 07:59:09 PM

Buying the dip is waiting for the price of a token to drop in price and buy at a convenient price. Simply put, buying the dip is buying at a low price in order to sell at a future price rise therefore making profit.

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 09:04:16 AM

Aside from buying the dip, I also study the price history, volume and behavior of every coin I'm planning to buy in the future. The price of the cryptocurrency fluctuates rapidly and reacts readily when there is a development or event related to the crypto market. Buying the dip can only help you in buying a coin in affordable price but it does not necessarily give you sure profits in the future unless you already studied the coin you bought.
BorisWCR

Activity: 554
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 10:29:05 AM

It means to us crypto people that we buy Bitcoins on its truly downfall in the crypto market when price is really low. This is the best time to but Bitcoin because when the time the price of the market goes up, it will gain a lots of profit for the holder.
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 12:00:47 PM

Buying at the dip simply means purchasing cryptocurrencies when they reduce in price. For instance bitcoin is at a very low price and this has affected the entire crypto market. You will make huge income when the crypto market starts to rise.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:38:12 PM

buy the dip... means the opposite of buy at the tip

/\
   /  \
_/     \_/

in essence:
BUY LOW, SELL HIGH
not
BUY HIGH, SELL LOW

i like this - and agree that it's a simple explanation for your query. but in a situation when you think that you bought the dip and the price drops lower that you incidentally bought part of the tip and it goes like that for days... or weeks... haha, you're in for a test of confidence and tolerance.

but if you're patient enough to wait until price moves higher than your buy price - let's say you bought when price hit 3100 usd something and the present price is 4,000 usd something like now, it's okay to sell. you've gained already. enjoy your gains! or get in again and play. the speculation game fuels our greed and teaches us to manage it as well, so happy trading!  Wink

this culture only creates a bigger and bigger volatility, nothing else, no new market support and no new social support will enter that.

i agree with you, but what i said was just in response to the poster's question.

the culture will only change when the market becomes mature. but since bitcoin was introduced, the very few people that acquired a deeper understanding of bitcoin and the blockchain's philosophy and intentions are the ones that matured and are waiting for the periphery to catch up. incidentally, those whose level of bitcoin maturity are still below the intermediate levels are many and are mainly focused on bitcoin's speculative nature....

so it'll be that way maybe for as long as it's just perceived as a speculative tool.

i am trying to help crypto become mature https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5086287.0

but corruption is still to big, and short term greed is still to big.

so i have to wait and observe more pain comming over them.
You are not helping the crypto to become mature,instead you are trolling bitcoin to become failure,i have just read your thread regarding the stand about bitcoin and thats an obvious fud.

If you can provide some proof about the so called corruption inside crypto community then maybe i will somewhat believe some of your points
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:46:44 PM

Buying at the dip simply means purchasing cryptocurrencies when they reduce in price. For instance bitcoin is at a very low price and this has affected the entire crypto market. You will make huge income when the crypto market starts to rise.

Absolutely agree, but you don't always make huge income after a dip. The key is in identifying the right lows (Dips) of a crypto-currency so that you can take advantage and buy but this  is not always easy because what one might think is a low could dip further and further down and create losses instead of profit
maman567

Activity: 648

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:55:11 PM

Maybe always buy at lower price, never buy when altcoin or bitcoin really have touch higher price because more impossible could be growing up and have change to lower price, you have know best moment to buy or sell.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 02:09:38 PM

what you mean to buy at a cheap price or base price is when the coin chart you want to buy at the exchange shows a coin price tag is falling very deep or has a blood red indicator so it will be the right time to buy as many coins as you can.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Apple Mac

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 02:35:16 PM

when the price is falling like this then we have to buy as much as possible, so when the bull run occurs we will get huge profit.

This is true, it means that it is ideal when you buy at certain point which the price is really low, like these days, Bitcoin had reach the possible lowest point and until now investors were still recognizing Bitcoin, that means no matter what the state it will still productive it just matter how a persom will see the circumstances whether he will treat as advantage or not.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: