Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:30:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: minimise possible losses in trading  (Read 1012 times)
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:20:32 AM

I guess we can do this by working with more reliable sources and not jumping into every opportunity. It is not possible to reduce the loss completely, for that we should not trade for it. But, with smarter risks, we can reduce the loss a little.
Thats right, that's what we can do, with reduce risk in trading. You can do that by enriching yourself about the science of trade, strategy, and honing your skills. if you want minimize losses, what you can do is cutlose or try to recover by trading on another coin

HODL. For at least a year. If you're that much afraid of losses, then just put your money in a well researched coin and leave it there for a long time. Day trading is not for people who are afraid of getting losses. Though the longer you're active in trading the more you'll be ablenti cut on these losses by accumulating skills to better read the market. Actively trading would be your long term solution if you're determined to excel in day trading.
It does not guarantee a profit, we can't determine how long do we have to hold, that depends on the situation actually.
Like last year, the whole year was bad for holders as we are witnessing how the price constantly going down, and therefore it explains holding at least a year gives profit. It has to be at the right timing,  even if you hold for 1 month but the price was already achieve, you have to sell without hesitation.

Indeed, and now I'm visualizing all those people who believed on those youtubers that says 'it's now the best time to buy bitcoin' or 'the last time you can buy cheap btc' and etc every month in 2018. And that situation taught me that if I'm going to invest when it occured, I will buy 10% of my capital and then observe then buy again after 3-4 months to be sure that I don't lose a lot when I'm in accumulating.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:03:53 AM
Merited by SirLancelot (2)

I guess we can do this by working with more reliable sources and not jumping into every opportunity. It is not possible to reduce the loss completely, for that we should not trade for it. But, with smarter risks, we can reduce the loss a little.
Thats right, that's what we can do, with reduce risk in trading. You can do that by enriching yourself about the science of trade, strategy, and honing your skills. if you want minimize losses, what you can do is cutlose or try to recover by trading on another coin
In my opinion, the best way to minimize the loss in trading is your investment in the down market. This is no doubt a good way to make things happen and a rise like this will add further value to the initial value of the coins you have. Always try to trade in the leading coins because they have high volatility and this volatility actually makes it very prone towards price rise in the market.

Avoiding losses or maximizing profits are same thing with respect to trading always. Hence, a trader just always need to focus on maximizing his chances of cracking big profits for his capital which will lead to avoid losses ultimately at the end of the day. Just focus on research and analysis and you are all set perfectly.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:38:40 AM

Indeed, and now I'm visualizing all those people who believed on those youtubers that says 'it's now the best time to buy bitcoin' or 'the last time you can buy cheap btc' and etc every month in 2018. And that situation taught me that if I'm going to invest when it occured, I will buy 10% of my capital and then observe then buy again after 3-4 months to be sure that I don't lose a lot when I'm in accumulating.
There are people who want to stay in the market regardless of the rise and fall in the market value of the coins. They are in for the ideology and understand that the future value of Bitcoin and other coins will be very high and they just do not want to miss out staying a part of the digital economy. A man in for money will minimize the trading cost by investing in coins when they are down. The profit could be claimed between a bear and bull market.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 08:41:13 AM

It is not possible to reduce the loss completely, for that we should not trade for it. But, with smarter risks, we can reduce the loss a little.
Cutting our losses is just reducing only our possible losses, so even if a little, it's considered at cut loss. Risk management is the key here, every successful trader has their own risk management because I believe that it is much better to earn small profits slowly but surely than earning big profits but you may also lose hugely.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Sonu_titu

Activity: 136
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:21:05 AM

Every on can not be winner is case of trading:

• trading is a zero sum game
  • one who can control emotion can be a good trader
  • no proper stop loss can liquidate the funds

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:58:40 AM

It is not possible to reduce the loss completely, for that we should not trade for it. But, with smarter risks, we can reduce the loss a little.
Cutting our losses is just reducing only our possible losses, so even if a little, it's considered at cut loss. Risk management is the key here, every successful trader has their own risk management because I believe that it is much better to earn small profits slowly but surely than earning big profits but you may also lose hugely.
Thats the way by cutlose, you really need risk management to be used, you have to look at market conditions and determine where the price will go, then you can determine whether to sell or hold, if the price falls then you can minimise the loss by selling it
iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 10:19:54 AM

Thats the way by cutlose, you really need risk management to be used, you have to look at market conditions and determine where the price will go, then you can determine whether to sell or hold, if the price falls then you can minimise the loss by selling it
to able do this we need skill in chart or technical analisys.if we understand it i am sure we will understand how and when we have to cut loss or hold our position.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 01:13:36 PM

to able do this we need skill in chart or technical analisys.if we understand it i am sure we will understand how and when we have to cut loss or hold our position.

Nah! Even if you're an efficient trader and can be considered as skilled, you can't guarantee the amount of losses you'll get all the time. The market can swing contrary to your prediction pretty randomly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:15:04 PM

Yes it is very important to know how you will become a good analyzer, you will have to visit those informative sites which can increase your knowledge and it can give you ideas how to invest and trade profitably. To minimize the risk of lose you will have to make proper plan and then trade for the long term as price recovery takes time until then we will have to wait.
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:38:39 PM

There have lot traders who like to buy coins when it start increasing. But they don't think that it’s very harmful for their investment. So we need to buy at dip to make our investment safe from losses.   
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 10:55:48 AM

There have lot traders who like to buy coins when it start increasing. But they don't think that it’s very harmful for their investment. So we need to buy at dip to make our investment safe from losses.   

Thats one of the traders/investors strategy  . one buys a coin when the see that that the coins value is increasing because they think that the coin can continue to increase while the other one is buying a coins at the dip because this is the only time that they can afford to buy more .  both strategy are nice but they must consider to choose the best coins to be able to make their strategy more succesful  .
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 01:38:30 PM

We can't stop those non sense investments which are the reason for panic selling as well.If you believe your coin then no need to panic for small or moderate correction just can continue to hold.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Homorton

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:33:43 PM

Useful article, thank you! It’s really very vital to enter the market at the right moment
iziderox

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:37:39 PM

Useful article, thank you! It’s really very vital to enter the market at the right moment
Totally agree! Unfortunately, a lot of us struggle w professional market forecasts?
Homorton

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:40:59 PM

Totally agree! Unfortunately, a lot of us struggle w professional market forecasts?
I often use forecasts on the exchange platforms I can trust. My last finding in it was velvet exchange https://velvet.exchange/#/ But u do ur research on them, it’s not an ad
iziderox

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:44:33 PM

I often use forecasts on the exchange platforms I can trust. My last finding in it was velvet exchange https://velvet.exchange/#/ But u do ur research on them, it’s not an ad

Thanks, man
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 09:13:25 PM

If you are focusing on minimizing losses then there will be plenty of chances to get big profits. Unfortunately no traders are focusing on eliminating the factors which are leading to losses but they are simply focusing only on positive things. This is the reason they are getting struggle later on when experiencing some unexpected market conditions.

If we focus on handling unexpected losses then we can stick within our trading plans to find out the maximum profits.
That is truth as many of us only focusing on the profits that we can make.  I think the best thing to do and understand as a traders is to know the right time to cut loses and when there is a profit opportunity the right time to also take profits.  If we focus on the profits alone it will be difficult to succeed in trading.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 10:07:48 PM

I've always wondered if it is possible to make a profit without bothering to study charts, news and other information. In fact I have always tried to be more reasonable in their transactions. I was very interested to read your story and I will definitely try your strategy.

miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 10:13:03 PM

I also use this scale for additional information about the state of the coin on the market. But I reinforced it with my knowledge about the trade and about the market in General. Your strategy is not bad, but for me it will be more reliable to trade with the understanding of what I do.

Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:44:47 PM

If you are focusing on minimizing losses then there will be plenty of chances to get big profits. Unfortunately no traders are focusing on eliminating the factors which are leading to losses but they are simply focusing only on positive things. This is the reason they are getting struggle later on when experiencing some unexpected market conditions.

If we focus on handling unexpected losses then we can stick within our trading plans to find out the maximum profits.
That is truth as many of us only focusing on the profits that we can make.  I think the best thing to do and understand as a traders is to know the right time to cut loses and when there is a profit opportunity the right time to also take profits.  If we focus on the profits alone it will be difficult to succeed in trading.
Yes. To be a profitable trader, we should always grab all the chances that gives us signs of making profits. Even if its not that huge, we should still find ways to make profits consistently than to wait for a bull run to return and only by then you can make profits. Atleast we should know the do's and dont's in trading, we are still able to make profits somehow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: