Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein didn't rape anyone  (Read 238 times)
byebyehi (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 04:25:34 PM

I'm sure all those girls knew exactly what they were doing.  They were willing to trade sex in order to make it big in hollywood.  It was a trade and both parties agreed to it.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 04:59:59 PM
Merited by Foxpup (4)

I don't watch news, but it's pretty damn hard to not have heard of his situation and the #metoo movement and so forth, and I am somewhat familiar with the accusations.  It'll be interesting to see if it goes to trial or what he plea bargains to--that hasn't happened yet, right?  Don't feel like googling it right now.

I'm a very firm believer in seeing the accused (not just H.W.) get a fair trial for rape claims and not a trial-by-media, because I'm old enough to remember the Tawana Brawley case as it happened, and I've seen other false rape accusations made against men since then.  OP, you might have a point about the women knowing what they were doing--Hollywood seems to be a very corrupt place--but somehow I get the feeling that Harvey Weinstein is not completely innocent.  But I don't know for sure; nor do most other people, and that's why he needs a trial with evidence presented.  It's not like women haven't used sex to gain advantage/jobs/favors from powerful men before, and prostitution itself is the "oldest known profession". 

Whatever the case may be, I think the media is getting ridiculous with these "he touched my breast 30 years ago, and now I'm going to ruin his life" stories.  That's not quite the same as the HW case, but it's related and it's not a trend I'm fond of.  Men shouldn't be pigs, but there's a big difference between flirting (even persistently), small sexual harassment, big sexual harassment, and outright rape.  It seems like every offense is moving toward the "rape" category, and that's insane to me.
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 07:38:28 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3), Foxpup (2)

I'm sure all those girls knew exactly what they were doing.  They were willing to trade sex in order to make it big in hollywood.  It was a trade and both parties agreed to it.

I tend to agree with you, for the most part, regarding Harvey Weinstein.  I am not sure if they all knew what they were doing, but I'm reasonably sure that the vast majority certainly did.  Hollywood has traded time on the "casting couch" for a quicker route to fame, probably ever since Hollywood was a thing.  It doesn't make it right, from a fairness perspective.  But if two adults consent to a quid pro quo, that's on them.  One party coming out later and making it sound like an attack is not only incredible (as in "not credible"), but it is also a slap in the face to people that have been legitimately victimized, all too often brutally.

I'm a very firm believer in seeing the accused (not just H.W.) get a fair trial for rape claims and not a trial-by-media, because I'm old enough to remember the Tawana Brawley case as it happened, and I've seen other false rape accusations made against men since then.  OP, you might have a point about the women knowing what they were doing--Hollywood seems to be a very corrupt place--but somehow I get the feeling that Harvey Weinstein is not completely innocent.  But I don't know for sure; nor do most other people, and that's why he needs a trial with evidence presented.  It's not like women haven't used sex to gain advantage/jobs/favors from powerful men before, and prostitution itself is the "oldest known profession". 

Whatever the case may be, I think the media is getting ridiculous with these "he touched my breast 30 years ago, and now I'm going to ruin his life" stories.  That's not quite the same as the HW case, but it's related and it's not a trend I'm fond of.  Men shouldn't be pigs, but there's a big difference between flirting (even persistently), small sexual harassment, big sexual harassment, and outright rape.  It seems like every offense is moving toward the "rape" category, and that's insane to me.

The media has decided to use the "sexual predator" to take down people.  After all, who would support a true sexual predator?  Seems like sometimes the people being taken down are for political reasons.  In other cases, it seems like they're throwing a sacrificial lamb to the public and keeping other people's sexual indiscretions quiet.  Essentially being the gatekeepers we know they're so adept at being.  Especially here, on the Bitcoin Forum, the concept of gatekeepers and the need (and now, the technology) to bypass them should be crystal clear.

The thing is, repeatedly pulling the "XYZ is a predator" card when it's not warranted will cause people to be desensitized to the accusation.  Our adrenal glands will literally stop being excited due to exhaustion.  People will begin to ask the questions that some are now.  The fact is, there is a huge difference between being a "victim" of someone that flirted a little too hard, or maybe even having someone touch you inappropriately, and being brutally raped.  So people asking questions now, seeing that not everyone should be lumped into the latter category, is a good thing to bring this cycle of insanity back to a healthy place.

Best regards,
Ben
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12038

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:40:41 AM

i think 80% or maybe more of famous actresses would do a D***ride for fame, its just very hypocrite to accuse someone like harvey many years after with life destroying story's etc
i'm not saying its a fair way of getting fame, it shouldn't be there.... but the actresses that are telling the story's are just as wrong as the man himself.

also just some F***ed up actresses trying to get another kind of fame and being good girls for the world and find some compassion for fans, even trying to make some new fans on this way of publiciteit.

just makes me puke my guts these kinda story's
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 03:28:03 AM

There are three possibilities

1: They did the trade and both parties agreed to it (This is what you said)
2: Girl was told she has to meet Harvey in a hotel or at some other place and without her consent forcefully made physical relation with her.
3: Girl traded herself to be big in hollywood, Traded herself for it then urged for more money by blackmailing him after being denied she made up the story.

You cannot pass judgement without making one of them confess or by providing a good proof that one them is lying.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 05:07:45 PM

I'm sure ...

With so little actual knowledge, how can you be so sure?
amicrypto

Activity: 98
Merit: 49

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:42:36 AM

Agreed. I see this as a common tool that the women use in the name of feminism all across the world. And if you observe the trend of these campaigns (Me-Too) you would see that they are spearheaded by influential women at the top who have little/no understanding of the real struggle that normal women face in their homes/offices.

My take on the entire Me-too movement which spread like a wildfire in my country(India) as well:

If the concerned person molested/assualted any women and forced himself on anyone he should be punished after a proper trial. But in cases (and there are plenty of them) where a man with significant power and authority proposed particular role/position or any job in return for sexual favours and the woman entered into consensual relationship, I don't see the fault. The woman clearly knew that it was a give and take relationship and they used the opportunity as a pedestal to reach the top.

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:42:30 PM

In most of the cases presented the girls did not speak up when they should have. Doing it now, after so many years is just hypocrisy. Some of these guys have already done all the damage because these victims decided to keep their careers at all costs and some others are just caught in the stupidity of the moment.

Anyway, I am in favour of a harsh, legal, punishment for those cases that can be solidly proven. Three or four people accusing after a decade with only their words as proof makes for a poor argument yet plenty of raw materias for which hunting of those who live on selling news.

I am curious to know why men that I am sure have also been harassed by homosexual managers have not spoken up yet. I am also curious on what would now be considered as a "legally safe" way of having sex. I am not a public figure, but just in case... do I have to film the whole thing and ask my partner to swear that she is kind of hot at the moment and that we are going to solve that issue in the most biologically sensible manner by mutual agreement? Do we have to state what are the rules of engagement ... like slaps in the but are limited to 3 Newtons per square centimetre and all that?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: