Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:50:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is Developing a Cryptocurrency  (Read 996 times)
Hunnykaushal31 (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 05:53:53 AM

As per recent article on Bloomberg , facebook is developing a cryptocurrency that will allow users to transfer money through their whatsapp messaging app and they are first focusing on market in India. They are developing a stable coin-a type of digital currency pegged to the U.S. dollar as bitcoin have high volatile nature.

This is a good thing that big names are moving into crypto world now.

For detailed study go though this article
Hunnykaushal31 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 05:59:17 AM

As per recent article on Bloomberg , facebook is developing a cryptocurrency that will allow users to transfer money through their whatsapp messaging app and they are first focusing on market in India. They are developing a stable coin-a type of digital currency pegged to the U.S. dollar as bitcoin have high volatile nature.

So facebook decided to put up a risk on crypto? I dont think so, this article is probably is just a new news to confuse the market. Now the market is getting better, this kind of shilling can be boost it but I hope it is true cause you know Zuckerberg, he isn't a crypto guy he often tell us that he dislike crypto.
It is too early to say that this news is correct or not , but things change with time. Even Warren Buffer told earlier that bitcoin is not a good thing and recently he told that " after some research and study he consider it a good technlolgy". So things change with time.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:00:42 AM

Targetting India first!!! Well India have very unclear regulations on cryptocurrency and Indian government don't recognise Bitcoin and cryptocurrency as legal tender. This is good news but they will have big task to take approval from the Indian government.

Hunnykaushal31 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:02:10 AM

Targetting India first!!! Well India have very unclear regulations on cryptocurrency and Indian government don't recognise Bitcoin and cryptocurrency as legal tender. This is good news but they will have big task to take approval from the Indian government.
Yes correct, as mentioned in article, it will take time so i guess till then regulations will be there in India for cryptocurrency.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:31:44 AM

Yes correct, as mentioned in article, it will take time so i guess till then regulations will be there in India for cryptocurrency.

I'm wondering why fb will launch such project in India first?
And yes, considering their crypto regulations, this is not a suitable place to implement this project.
Might look into other countries with friendly approach in terms of crypto acceptance.
That would be much faster and easier process and also, to see the results faster.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:56:41 AM

I am sure that this can be an exciting development and this can be what a real token cryptocurrency can be because we can then be using the coins to buy any services offered by Facebook or can also be used by Facebook users for eCommerce purposes within the social media site. With its reach influence and prowess, I am sure that Facebook can make this new project a big success -- the real mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency can be coming because of Facebook. The next question is: Will this eventually rival and take the space enjoyed by Bitcoin for years?
OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:00:44 AM

An interesting move on their part, especially in this period. Heh, they blocked all references to ICO when the market was on the tops, and now, when the market is on the bottoms, they launch their own cryptocurrency. Heh, interesting.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:15:31 AM

Guys don't be surprised with this.

Earlier this year, there's too many news about Facebook hiring some blockchain experts and needed a position like that for their another start up.  I wish that they will just focus not with their crypto but with the development because we already have too many crypto's.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:12:25 AM

cryptocurrency?!!!
whatsapp belongs to facebook, the token is going to be used inside whatsapp only and it is created by facebook. so why call it a "cryptocurrency" where it is just an IOU token that funds your application inside their centralized database. not to mention that when we are talking about centralized tokens usage of blockchain technology is very inefficient.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Moxivuki

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:14:08 AM

This is a very good news for the encryption market, because Facebook has a lot of users and supporters, which will bring a lot of attention to crypto.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 02:57:21 PM

this is good news, I read it earlier, that Facebook is developing a blockchain that will be applied to whatsapp which aims to make it easier for users to make transactions through the Whatsapp application. I also saw crypto ads on the Facebook page, which means that Facebook has received crypto again? Hopefully this is a good start.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
KKH84

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

this is good news, I read it earlier, that Facebook is developing a blockchain that will be applied to whatsapp which aims to make it easier for users to make transactions through the Whatsapp application. I also saw crypto ads on the Facebook page, which means that Facebook has received crypto again? Hopefully this is a good start.

Of course everyone's hopes, the impact of positive news will bring an increase in crypto prices on the exchange, hopefully this can be the trigger after months of crypto prices experiencing a severe decline.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:15:02 PM

This is a very good news for the encryption market, because Facebook has a lot of users and supporters, which will bring a lot of attention to crypto.

Definitely, this is a very happy news for crypto users and I am sure this digital currency revolution will keep going. Facebook is hub of connecting people's and this will make a huge impact on other altcoins.
anamie

Activity: 485
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:38:35 PM

This is a good thing that big names are moving into crypto world now.

Facebook has billions of user's so this will help in crypto world to become more popular if this news is legit, but I wonder why crypto ads is still banned in facebook ? Anyways let's see what will happen if this is true or not.
acidburn14

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 03:47:11 PM

If this article is true then it's a good news for crypto for we all know that facebook is one of the giants in social media and this would certainly help people to know more about cryptocurrency though it's too early to tell whether the article is true or not but still it will have some impact to crypto market if proven right.

damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:59:15 PM

It is totally understandable to launch such a service in India first. Let's wait and see what the end product will be (they will have to cope with lots of technical obstacles).
Jamalzzz

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:17:02 PM

of course, this is an excellent thought. Pierce facebook is the right target for more fluffy and more crypto makes close to real life. the future will be more and more other surprises, then prepare there now.
givary

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:20:57 PM

Of course, this will be good news. We can see that this technology makes it easy for everyone to make transactions. So that in the future not only Facebook will try to develop Crypto, but like Twitter or Google who will participate.
kamar25

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:24:50 PM

this is considerable progress, crypto has been able to lead influential people in the world. but with the founders and great figures in this world we must look forward to what changes they will make.

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
crispynougat

Activity: 185

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:49:45 PM

Crypto's back again a new surprise. of course, this will be the form and new energy and a new spirit for optimistic crypto will evolve to support activity in the world.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: