Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About bitcointalk.org Registration system  (Read 608 times)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:22:08 AM

The only thing that should change is how these people think and behave.
Sorry, is that a logical solution?

Yes, it is.
By ignoring shit-posters, reporting their replies to moderators, not validating their activities by bounty managers... They will be forced to improve the quality of their posts or just leave the forum.

It can work for sure, but there are other solutions we can have along with reporting posts to further speed up the process. I personally frequently report crappy posts, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't tedious as hell. But yea, bounty managers of campaigns with low ranked members should definitely bump up their standards with their applicants.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:42:00 AM

Hello, Bitcointalk's members

Today I will only share my personal Opinion about bitcointalk.org registration system.

bitcointalk.org registration system is too easy. There is no email verification system in the registration system. If there was an email verification system in registration then it will help us for stop creating fake accounts. Because I saw lots of fake accounts in the service section. They have only 1-3 activity. They create those account for doing only small tasks like survey tasks, Registration tasks etc.

Example link :
1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5050824.msg46919848#msg46919848
2. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5079424.0

The problem you are trying to highlight will be simply solved if they requested for 50+ activity to be mandatory to take part in these survey/registration.

I am alive
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:15:55 AM

They are likely created by bots months ago.
Then, after the launch of merit system and related new rank requirements, those accounts have become useless; especially with the demotion of Junior Members that don't have 1 merit at lest in September.

The kind of tasks are not too popular.
Because I saw lots of fake accounts in the service section. They have only 1-3 activity. They create those account for doing only small tasks like survey tasks, Registration tasks etc.

I don't think so, they are able to create real emails for their accounts, certainly. Of course, it will force them a bit pressure, a bit harder works, but generally your suggestion will not really, and completely solve the issue.
If there were an email and phone verification system for registration process then it can help us to stop useless fake accounts.

In my opinion, they are annoying, not dangerous.
Annoying because they tend to use those fake accounts to spam everywhere at the right time (right time, in their opinion).
Nowadays Fake accounts are very dangerous for us. They can do various illegal things and it will damage this forum. So always stay safe from fake accounts.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: