Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:57:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Must all Crypto project create its own coin ?  (Read 490 times)
MoonCrypt (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 16

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 01:30:21 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2018, 01:41:43 AM by MoonCrypt
Merited by OgNasty (4), Mpamaegbu (1)

Been Asking Myself must all Project create its own coin or is it a thing of pride this day to say I have my own coin

come to think of it some project finds it hard to be able to get there coin to any value because thousand of projects are coming up by the day people literally get confused on which to choose.

There is project out there already doing well with one thing still lacking real use of the coin in the real world daily activities that mean -
most coins are just traded as an asset!!

I think some project can just implement its solution and using the already existing cryptos as currencies by that way helping adoption.
the hassle of creating from the scratch to me is not all necessary for some project!!

if you looking at the mode of payment for your service you can simply accept already existing coin and go into a partnership with them
create a system to see that crypto have a healthy growth cycle not just having millions of project and at the end millions of dead project

better the whole system creates like a support system to retain its value for the long run... Long Live Crypto

what you all think

Goldleader

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 06:25:59 AM

Yeap if follow ico project .they claim they can solve a specific problem with their unique coin
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 01:52:20 PM

I would prefer all crypto projects to use Ethereum,
Bitcoin and Litecoin. Most projects that release
a coin is a get quick rich scheme for the owners
and investors  Smiley Only few are actually worth and
need the coin
MoonCrypt (OP)

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 09:29:14 PM

Yeap if follow ico project .they claim they can solve a specific problem with their unique coin

you solve problems with technologies, not coins! they can still use the other existing tokens and still solve problems

MoonCrypt (OP)

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 09:30:25 PM

I would prefer all crypto projects to use Ethereum,
Bitcoin and Litecoin. Most projects that release
a coin is a get quick rich scheme for the owners
and investors  Smiley Only few are actually worth and
need the coin

You get my points!! but if they can actually have a rigorous process before one can offer tokens it will make it tough for shit tokens to exist

3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:04:54 AM

Been Asking Myself must all Project create its own coin or is it a thing of pride this day to say I have my own coin

come to think of it some project finds it hard to be able to get there coin to any value because thousand of projects are coming up by the day people literally get confused on which to choose.

There is project out there already doing well with one thing still lacking real use of the coin in the real world daily activities that mean -

I think some project can just implement its solution and using the already existing cryptos as currencies by that way helping adoption.
the hassle of creating from the scratch to me is not all necessary for some project!!

if you looking at the mode of payment for your service you can simply accept already existing coin and go into a partnership with them
create a system to see that crypto have a healthy growth cycle not just having millions of project and at the end millions of dead project

better the whole system creates like a support system to retain its value for the long run... Long Live Crypto

what you all think

if crypto project without coin it should not be crypto project Lips sealed
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 06:51:15 AM

what you all think

well having your own money, gives you the ability to pay others to do something for you.

creating your own money is cheap and riskfree. while working for money is risky.

MoonCrypt (OP)

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:23:54 AM

what you all think

if crypto project without coin it should not be crypto project Lips sealed

Don't think so, it uses crypto that can still categorize it as one

MoonCrypt (OP)

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:26:26 AM

what you all think

well having your own money, gives you the ability to pay others to do something for you.

creating your own money is cheap and riskfree. while working for money is risky.

I understand that Just saying some project could relatively be more in a relationship with an Altcoin already existing to bring about use cases
if you insist to have your own currency there should be a way to track down the necessity

MadEth

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:36:32 AM

It all depends on the objectives
The creation of tokens by projects is to ensure they can have lots of liquids to be able to enable operations
Am sure there are ways to work things out
EmNg

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:00:23 PM

The creation of tokens by projects is to ensure they can have lots of liquids to be able to enable operations

People have to be able to understand the economics
MoonCrypt (OP)

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:20:01 AM

People have to be able to understand the economics

the early stage, while one is trying to still understand a crypto project 5 or 10 more, is birth
prediction still shows lots of this project will eventually die off

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:39:37 AM

what you all think
I have thought over this sad development too and each time I do what comes to mind is the proliferation of churches. Each priest breaking away to "stand" of their own so as to be in total control of the money that comes into the congregation (of course, the priests will deny this). It's the same way with the proliferation of cryptos. The devs want to be in control of funds, and in most cases there aren't even genuine cryptos getting established (as we have seen with most ICOs). They scam the investors and abscond with funds. This is pure greed the way I see it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
HighlanderToken
Copper Member

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 08:44:19 AM

Most project tokens are ERC20 related so they are sort of in a way helping Ethereum by creating own token on Eth platform. I'm more of a Ethereum Classic user and ETC hasn't muct adoption yet so I decided to support ETC by creating my tokens on ETC platform. In hope of bringing more awareness to ETC and give others the motive to do the same.

galactic123

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 07:37:57 PM

Oftentimes projects may need loads of coins, be it because they are a crypto exchange, or a rewards site of some kind.  Using an already existing cryptocoin means having to spend a handsome buck buying many of said coins.  Unless an existing coin project has no problems joining forces with upcoming projects and thus pitch in some.

eCredit, a WAVES Platform token. Rewards and more. Main site: eCreditCoin.Net
MoonCrypt (OP)

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:11:40 PM

what you all think
I have thought over this sad development too and each time I do what comes to mind is the proliferation of churches. Each priest breaking away to "stand" of their own so as to be in total control of the money that comes into the congregation (of course, the priests will deny this). It's the same way with the proliferation of cryptos. The devs want to be in control of funds, and in most cases there aren't even genuine cryptos getting established (as we have seen with most ICOs). They scam the investors and abscond with funds. This is pure greed the way I see it.

Well established statement!! everyone just going after having control but not concentrating on what matters for that project to become successful.
So most project suffers after fundraising TGE, Implementation becomes hard, those who can't fight it finds an exit plan.. there you Dead ICO was invented

MoonCrypt (OP)

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:13:35 PM

Most project tokens are ERC20 related so they are sort of in a way helping Ethereum by creating own token on Eth platform. I'm more of a Ethereum Classic user and ETC hasn't muct adoption yet so I decided to support ETC by creating my tokens on ETC platform. In hope of bringing more awareness to ETC and give others the motive to do the same.

Not a bad initiative!!
But do you think any need to create token why not accept ETC as currency for your project?

galactic123

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 10:55:52 PM

Some projects require a larger amount of coins, and buying these first may not always be feasible. Especially true if you want to become an exchanger or even a rewards site of sorts.

It is not uncommon for sites to have their own internal points that can be exchanged for perks. Creating your own ERC-20 token / WAVES token / whathever gives the added opportunity of allowing people to buy or sell said points.

HighlanderToken
Copper Member

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 11:08:21 PM

Not a bad initiative!!
But do you think any need to create token why not accept ETC as currency for your project?

Good question.. Best as I can is to say my tokens are paired with ETC on exchange. So that in inself is producing more trading volume for ETC. Which isn't the most important thing and barely making a difference but over time hope it helps ETC marketcap also. One of my tokens is a Proof of Stake token on ETC platform, so it's a PoS in layer 2, secured by layer 1 POW, over all it's still helping support ETC miners in this sense. I guess it all depends all someones project ideas and goals. Greed is a true thing not all projects are alike I do agree too many people are making tokens for the wrong reasons and promising to much. At least I can say for my project and 2 tokens I never had a ICO, I airdropped tokens I left it up to folks to decided if they want to trade.  I haven't even made a ANN yet here or my second token though I will do that soon.

galactic123

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 11:19:36 PM

I never had a ICO, I airdropped tokens I left it up to folks to decided if they want to trade.  I haven't even made a ANN yet here or my second token though I will do that soon.

I guess that is a good move as ICOs have been getting some seriously bad rap lately (OneCoin, DropLex, ... )  I plan on announcing a token soon too (thing began among some friends, more details later).  There are plans for an airdrop, and other ways to get free tokens.  Been playing with the idea of also enabling some totally optional ICO if anyone wants large sums, but not sure what approach to use if so...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: