Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:20:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 55K loss, how to get back into the game  (Read 1454 times)
voipnet (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:16:59 AM

Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?
moonblocks

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:23:25 AM

The market has been unfavorable to many due who invested when it was over bought and then suffered losses as the market trended downward but that's not necessarily a bad thing just consolidate your portfolio and stick to lower risk assets and be patient and eventually you'll find it should appreciate and then you can recoup

pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:40:16 AM

Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?

That's quite frustrating but if all those coins are in the top 20 then you just need to wait for the next big bull run that everybody is waiting to come, as long as you receive updates that those coins are still ongoing and that there is still volume and support, there is still hope for those coins.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:39:57 AM

You have no other option than to hold and never listen to those that said holder are the loser , I see two way to hold and one is having it at low price and decide to hold till it pump and refuse to sell till it comes back to low but buying high and then later dip like we have the situation in your case is better to hold till the time for bull return to recurb the lost.

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:43:28 AM

Honestly you only lose value, but not with the assets, because you are still holding the assets. If you are not mistaken in choosing an investment, then you do not need to worry and your assets will return to value when the market recovers later.
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:44:48 AM

20x leverage on bitmex, go long on btc or eth.  Risk it for the biscuit.
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:49:33 AM

Have experienced the same but i don't lose hope as things are getting green these days so i am hoping that there could be a big turn around next year and recover our loses that we incur. I am holding, that is what i have on my mind.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 03:51:03 AM

This is why you should always use stop loss, you would not have incurred such losses.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:38:36 AM

This is why you should always use stop loss, you would not have incurred such losses.
We can't feel the value of a stop loss until we experienced loses. Experience always taught us the value of that feature and personally i am using it to avoid further lose on my portfolio.
joeperry

Activity: 2128
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:49:13 AM

That's a big loss almost 95% of your investment , well it's would be hard to be back in the game if there's a certain time that you should know how to accept that you loss and sell immediately your tokens for example you've lost 30-50%.

Sell it and accept that you loss and start with a new investment to avoid further loss from your last investment. But at the start you should know and be ready that there's a time that you're going to loss.

virtual_miner

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:20:58 AM

The remaining amount you are still holding is the coins you have invested. Or did you sell them all to collect USD?
Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:30:39 AM

its just like gambling buddy, and now you are have a very big loss today, keep trying on next year, and hope you can leran from your mistake this year, and gain profit next year.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
Shtamm_oval

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:33:35 AM

You can recover all the losses, but for this you need even more patience and time. And everyone had one mistake this year, ignorance of the fact that the bears will stay on the market for so long and there will not even be any corrective attempts to correct them.
Maady
Copper Member

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:51:02 AM

Have experienced the same but i don't lose hope as things are getting green these days so i am hoping that there could be a big turn around next year and recover our loses that we incur. I am holding, that is what i have on my mind.
You guys are not alone count me in too  Undecided I invested around $2k in 2 super hype icos now left with $50  Angry

its just like gambling buddy, and now you are have a very big loss today, keep trying on next year, and hope you can leran from your mistake this year, and gain profit next year.
for trying anything again one need to have sufficient amount of money in hands. its automatically hold for us who lost the money. all we can do is wait now.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:57:41 AM

Many of us have had losses this year. Best advice I think is to not panic, keep holding for the market to recover. Then the next time it dips you can be better prepared, and then sell and rebuy at a lower price. That's how to play bear markets, but obviously easier said than done!
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 08:04:49 AM

yep this year is not good, did your sell your cryptos? if not just keep hold your cryptos maybe in the next year they will recover who knows. You can buy these cheap prices right now and earn profit soon.
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 08:17:12 AM

Many people like you in the same way with huge losses spent in 2018. But I think the only thing you need to think is: as long as you do not sell. Unfortunately, all you can do now is wait.

Terrmit

Activity: 413
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 08:21:14 AM

This is an occasion to think. Is it worth donating billions of dollars to someone else's project and nothing to get. With such success, I would spend more chances in the lottery. Sorry for the negative. Another project let me down.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:49:18 PM

It seems that you paid for a big lesson. Don't be bored. The bull market is starting. I think we will get back our losses. Try to apply what you learned in this year.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:50:58 PM

It seems that you paid for a big lesson. Don't be bored. The bull market is starting. I think we will get back our losses. Try to apply what you learned in this year.
In the past, many people were trapped in the current situation and were actually at risk. Your capital has been lost quite large like TS. this is indeed quite terrible in terms of investment
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: