Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:26:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 55K loss, how to get back into the game  (Read 1456 times)
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 10:34:13 PM

Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?

If you have any spare money to invest more, you can buy some more and average your initial price. Otherwise,e it may take a quite long time to get the funds back without any interest. The other thing, if all of those projects will survive or not before the bull run.
newbie-hero

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:59:16 PM

Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately last year was terrible for all investors. You just need to continue to hold coins until they grow and bring profit. If you sell it now for a pittance you can receive big losses.
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:05:59 PM

Unfortunately last year was terrible for all investors. You just need to continue to hold coins until they grow and bring profit. If you sell it now for a pittance you can receive big losses.
I still don't understand why he could lose up to 95%. If he does not sell when the price falls around 20-30%, he is certainly not an investment man. Now there is only one way to hold for a few years and hope the market can go up again

trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:13:08 PM

This is a large amount, I am afraid that such money will be difficult to return, but of course it is possible, provided that you show patience and perseverance. And of course if today we are talking about how to earn them, you will need big money.
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:14:54 PM

my advice is to keep on trading. because that is the only way to be able to return your money. hold is not an option, when I've almost lost everything. sell coins that you think don't have potential and buy good coins like ethereum. and don't hold it for too long, when you get a protif sell and buy another altcoin.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:50:01 PM

As long as you never sell it, I don't think you loss your 55k. Its just dump its price value which means you can still recover it, if you will hold in a long term while waiting for the right time or when bull run happens here. But if you sell it, well I could say it will be hard to recover your loss again in the market.
jackbauercsgo
Copper Member

Activity: 507
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:52:55 PM

Did you learn from your mistakes?  Were the losses a result of Fomo/Fud?  Was it money you could afford to lose?

Depending on your answers to these questions, you may want to consider giving up trading completely. 
ninja811

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 05:38:32 PM

First of all, I wish you not to get upset and look boldly into the future.
The money that you have lost is big, but if you know the reason for the loss, I understand that these are mistakes on your part, then you have already done a lot on the way to recovery.
Analyze the mistakes made very well, maybe you can fix something and in the future try to prevent them from ever.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 05:51:42 PM

It is a lesson learnt in hard way but it will be nice if the token are good project which you can hold till it recover as market it getting to it bottom time and any time soon might be moon again as many coin are preparing to balance and correct every error.
Ellionise

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 06:23:35 PM

I think now many altcoins have risen, if you held Ethereum for example I would have fixed part and would have bought lower, so I would have done with all altcoins

VECAP ▬ next generation of smart home
https://vecap.io/
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:57:16 PM

This is a very big loss. I think at the moment you have to change strategy. It seems to me that active trading will bring you more profit.

I do not know what I would do if I 'd lost the same sum of money. 55 thousand is too much for me. Suppose, the guy should weigh all pros and cons of trading and realize if this business is for him, or not.
adamreb

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 07:43:42 AM

I would like to know how you lost such a sum of money, what investments did you make? In any case, I now recommend not to rush the sale of their coins. After all, there are prerequisites for the recovery of the crypto market; already this year, good coins may become more expensive again.
vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 10:45:55 AM

So you mean you needt invested at all or your mistake was in choice of wrong coin?becouse all warket have gone to bear and no matter which coin you would choice .

SinLinJim

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:04:59 AM

Yes, but you still have some money, which means all is not lost and you can easily buy a lot of cheap coins and tokens and return to the game, it is clear that winning the entire amount will not work, but the third part will be a good achievement.

Matcuda

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:34:42 AM

There is no way you can return to the game at this time. You have lost up to 95%. And if you can hold for 5-10 years, if you're lucky, you can get back your lost money. unfortunately when you invested in the wrong time in this market
5-10 years is too long, most likely it will take several times less time, but only if the coins were not already sold, otherwise there is no sense to wait for something

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:47:36 AM

There's no sense grieving on your losses. Learn from your mistakes and try to never commit them again in the future. Take note that a  lot of people had lost a lot of money from the recent crash. Slowly get your losses back and stop stressing about the money you have lost. Instead, start something new and keep on trading to get something out of the market.
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:52:23 AM

So you mean you needt invested at all or your mistake was in choice of wrong coin?becouse all warket have gone to bear and no matter which coin you would choice .
Right. this might be pure your own fault and also we cannot blame the market. You should understand the investment risk in the cryptocurrency market and you have too much appetite
Otsu

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:02:56 PM

Perhaps, the only way to have a chance to recover your loss is to wait for the bull run. Because if you will decide to sell your extra 5k, it will be permanently loss. Just be more patient and keep on believing because sooner or later there will be something good will come in here.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:11:46 PM

have you already sold the coins that have invested?if not so why consider it losses when the same volume sits still on your folio?

Since you are asking for turnaround,no one can give concrete answer because that’s impossible to predict but what i can tell you is keep holding ,never give up because after the dip for sure growth will follow,even if it takes several years still there will be recovery
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:13:37 PM

I want more say in 90% of the losses, someone more someone less, and all because of fucking manipulators,which their hands dirty trying to make,they have no concept of honor and Mora,but only greed and so on,they are Demons in human form and all, from 10-15 times many sank portfolios for 1.5 years about,it's all bullshit,generally, investments should grow,but the people behind the Screen(the manipulators,have done to people with no money to leave)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: