Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Abraham mentally ill?  (Read 267 times)
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 03:18:43 PM

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/12/20/woman-who-drowned-and-burned-daughter-to-please-god-cleared-of-murder-charges/

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinifyx

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Personal Text

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:32:17 PM

To me everyone cutting a foreskin because god said so in the magic book is mentally insane

Nothing to say
Carna

Activity: 8
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:55:57 PM

But why do you think that all other people are not insane
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 05:43:20 PM

Out of all the US historical figures, in my opinion Abraham Lincoln least deserves admiration. He was known for not being particularly intelligent, had a grade school level education, and was in reality quite a tyrant. He locked up many journalists and politicians who disagreed with his policies. He also almost single handedly delivered this nation into banker servitude, nearly destroying it in the process. His father was very abusive and neglectful, so it would not shock me to see some of that trauma or genetic inclination to have manifest in him.

Genesis 22

Merry Isaac Newton Day!!!

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 06:53:03 PM

Out of all the US historical figures, in my opinion Abraham Lincoln least deserves admiration. He was known for not being particularly intelligent, had a grade school level education, and was in reality quite a tyrant. He locked up many journalists and politicians who disagreed with his policies. He also almost single handedly delivered this nation into banker servitude, nearly destroying it in the process. His father was very abusive and neglectful, so it would not shock me to see some of that trauma or genetic inclination to have manifest in him.

Genesis 22

Merry Isaac Newton Day!!!

Sorry, I thought I saw Lincoln in there for some reason... lol.

I read the article. That is horrifying. I think the real question is here, how many times have people done equally horrifying things reenacting stories in movies or books of any kind. The court ruled she is mentally ill.

I don't know if any of you have any experience with mentally ill people, but I do, and they tend to latch on to various things in their environment and integrate it into their delusions. Honestly it just sounds to me like one evangelical belief system criticizing another, using an argument that is not particularly logic based at that.

If I touch you with a magic wand and give you a brain disease, does that now make atheism equally as invalid as your mind degenerates? Step up your game atheists, if you are going to claim to be the voice of reason and logic, at least bring some to the table.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 08:30:54 PM

If I touch you with a magic wand and give you a brain disease, does that now make atheism equally as invalid as your mind degenerates?

I would like to rephrase this question.

If a mentally ill atheist does evil acts based on her Godless beliefs, would that mean that atheism is evil? Surely not.

So if a mentally ill theist did evil acts based on her God beliefs, would that mean that religion is evil?

Regarding the Abraham story, Abraham did not kill his child, the woman did. To me, that is the key difference.

af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 09:19:59 PM

If I touch you with a magic wand and give you a brain disease, does that now make atheism equally as invalid as your mind degenerates?

If a mentally ill atheist does evil acts based on her Godless beliefs, would that mean that atheism is evil? Surely not.

So if a mentally ill theist did evil acts based on her God beliefs, would that mean that religion is evil?

Regarding the Abraham story, Abraham did not kill his child, the woman did. To me, that is the key difference.

Both of you guys missed the boat.

The Abraham story was in the FUCKING BIBLE. 

Let me re-phrase the question, was God clinically insane?

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 03:47:00 AM

Both of you guys missed the boat.

So you believe in God now?
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:54:37 AM
Merited by bones261 (1)

The smart move is to believe in God, not saying I do though.

God Exists:

Belive in God you go to heaven.

Don't Believe you go to hell.

God Doesn't Exist:

Believe in God nothing happens

Don't believe nothing happens
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:05:52 AM

The smart move is to believe in God, not saying I do though.

God Exists:

Belive in God you go to heaven.

Don't Believe you go to hell.

God Doesn't Exist:

Believe in God nothing happens

Don't believe nothing happens

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple. Many religions put requirements on what it takes to get to heaven or a state of Nirvana or whatever. Even many Protestants who claim you can just say a prayer to God and accept Jesus in your heart to go to heaven then proceed to give sermon after sermon placing questions on how "sincere" your faith really is. I say the most logical choice is to enjoy life now and forget about the afterlife. Of all the religious dogma out there, I think the Wicans actually make the most sense with "do as thou wilt but harm none."
ATMD

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 07:02:05 AM

The story of Abraham and God was a story about absolute faith. Abraham's faith in God was being tested, but God had absolutely zero intention of killing Isaac.

We might consider the test a dangerous method as Isaac could have been killed had Abraham acted rashly, but God knew Abraham far better than we do. Isaac was never going to die that day under God's watch.

af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 02:07:55 PM

The story of Abraham and God was a story about absolute faith. Abraham's faith in God was being tested, but God had absolutely zero intention of killing Isaac.

We might consider the test a dangerous method as Isaac could have been killed had Abraham acted rashly, but God knew Abraham far better than we do. Isaac was never going to die that day under God's watch.

How do you know? Prove it.

Why did God not test this woman in the same way?  Did God want her to kill her daughter? She followed the Bible, his word.

Did God not know this woman?  Didn't he create her?

I think your God was an accessory before the fact.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:04:09 PM

Abraham was not mentally ill. But you are, for not understanding the difference between Abraham and a mentally ill person. But this is only the little reason for you. The BIG reason is that you won't let yourself accept the evidence for God in nature. If you did, you might start to understand that Abraham obeyed God.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 03:32:08 PM

Abraham was not mentally ill. But you are, for not understanding the difference between Abraham and a mentally ill person. But this is only the little reason for you. The BIG reason is that you won't let yourself accept the evidence for God in nature. If you did, you might start to understand that Abraham obeyed God.

Cool

I beg to differ.  Why did God create mentally ill people?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:00:09 PM

Cool

I beg to differ.  Why did God create mentally ill people?

You know that God didn't do this. You know that Satan deceived people into sin, sin which brought about all kinds of changes in people, including mental illness... including your mental illness that keeps you from recognizing that God exists, through everything that we see in nature.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 04:30:33 PM

Cool

You know that God didn't do this. You know that Satan deceived people into sin, sin which brought about all kinds of changes in people, including mental illness... including your mental illness that keeps you from recognizing that God exists, through everything that we see in nature.

Cool

Didn't God create Satan?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:36:18 PM

Cool

Cool

Didn't God create Satan?

You know the answer to that.     Cool

ATMD

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 09:55:41 AM

How do you know? Prove it.

We know almost nothing about Abraham, none of us were there at the scene. According to the story, God was there and directly communicating with Abraham. Therefore, God must have more knowledge of Abraham more than we do.

Why did God not test this woman in the same way?  Did God want her to kill her daughter? She followed the Bible, his word.

I don't think it was God she was talking with to be honest.

These things happen all the time. People committing murders and other evil and claiming "God made them do it". In my humble opinion, it was not God they were communicating with.

According to the testimonies of many, the God we know is absolutely loving, caring, and definitely against all forms of evil.

ATMD

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 09:57:52 AM

Didn't God create Satan?

God created a being of absolute free will. This being has complete free will to do good and evil. Satan chose evil, should God have created a robot incapable of choosing evil?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: