Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating an exchange in Africa  (Read 220 times)
mulos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 12:08:41 AM

Looking for to help to set up an exchanger in Africa. Kenya, Nigeria, Zambia and Zimbabwe to be specific.
Donors needed, as well as volunteers to help manage the project.

Background to my quest. I use eCurrency quite alot. Payoneer, Skrill, Neteller, and WebMoney. I use them to avoid and cut down on forex transacting costs in my country Zambia. I also use online exchangers to move funds between my eCurrency accounts.
One day I needed to buy Bitcoin for an online purchase, and that's when I discovered how hard it is to buy Bitcoin where I am. The mainstream exchanges do not sell to people in most of Africa. Exchanges which do sell in Africa (my part of Africa) have exhorbitant markups.
I know Bitcoin has volatility and a factor of risk, but the price we pay for Bitcoin here is way above market price. This means if you buy Bitcoin, you are forced to incur a loss if you need to sell it or convert to fiat currency.

Right now Bitcoin price of Bitcoin is $4,046.53 internationally, and $5,257.94 at the only exchange available to us here. Buying at a $1,200 premium makes zero economic sense. This is what leads to an extremely low cryptocurrency uptake.
Converting Bitcoin to fiat currency is extremely easy using either Skrill or Neteller. But only makes sense if you buy your Bitcoin at near market prices.

To remedy this, I am setting up an exchanger site for eCurrency, mobile money, local bank transfer. The aim is to allow Africans to buy or sell Bitcoin using means available to them-- Skrill, Neteller, WebMoney, Payoneer, Mpesa, MTN Money, Airtel Money, Rapid Transfer and a whole host of other African payment options. And to buy and sell at profit markups of minimum 6% to maximum 15%.
There will need to be a profit markup for the simple reason that the aim is not to kill existing exchanges, but to try and bring sanity in the pricing and give an alternative to buyers and sellers.

In a nutshell, contributions are needed to setup an exchange that has sufficient liquidity to meet the needs of buyers and sellers in Africa. Setting up requires having some liquidity in a number of eCurrency platforms across 4 (four) countries, and BRING DOWN THE COST OF BITCOIN TO NORMAL OR NEAR NORMAL LEVELS.

It will be possible to check on the exchanger site that the margins and pricings are kept at sane levels and also that the goals are achieved.
Arabicbet365

Activity: 173
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:22:40 AM

Im from africa also and im my country is easy to buy btc at market price send me your contact maybe i can help
mulos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:06:15 PM

Hello, I'm from Zambia. Only exchanger I could use was LocalCoin. Which country are you in? You can reach me mulos@zed.co.zm

Im from africa also and im my country is easy to buy btc at market price send me your contact maybe i can help
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:49:55 PM

Looking for to help to set up an exchanger in Africa. Kenya, Nigeria, Zambia and Zimbabwe to be specific.
Donors needed, as well as volunteers to help manage the project.

Background to my quest. I use eCurrency quite alot. Payoneer, Skrill, Neteller, and WebMoney. I use them to avoid and cut down on forex transacting costs in my country Zambia. I also use online exchangers to move funds between my eCurrency accounts.
One day I needed to buy Bitcoin for an online purchase, and that's when I discovered how hard it is to buy Bitcoin where I am. The mainstream exchanges do not sell to people in most of Africa. Exchanges which do sell in Africa (my part of Africa) have exhorbitant markups.
I know Bitcoin has volatility and a factor of risk, but the price we pay for Bitcoin here is way above market price. This means if you buy Bitcoin, you are forced to incur a loss if you need to sell it or convert to fiat currency.

Right now Bitcoin price of Bitcoin is $4,046.53 internationally, and $5,257.94 at the only exchange available to us here. Buying at a $1,200 premium makes zero economic sense. This is what leads to an extremely low cryptocurrency uptake.
Converting Bitcoin to fiat currency is extremely easy using either Skrill or Neteller. But only makes sense if you buy your Bitcoin at near market prices.

To remedy this, I am setting up an exchanger site for eCurrency, mobile money, local bank transfer. The aim is to allow Africans to buy or sell Bitcoin using means available to them-- Skrill, Neteller, WebMoney, Payoneer, Mpesa, MTN Money, Airtel Money, Rapid Transfer and a whole host of other African payment options. And to buy and sell at profit markups of minimum 6% to maximum 15%.
There will need to be a profit markup for the simple reason that the aim is not to kill existing exchanges, but to try and bring sanity in the pricing and give an alternative to buyers and sellers.

In a nutshell, contributions are needed to setup an exchange that has sufficient liquidity to meet the needs of buyers and sellers in Africa. Setting up requires having some liquidity in a number of eCurrency platforms across 4 (four) countries, and BRING DOWN THE COST OF BITCOIN TO NORMAL OR NEAR NORMAL LEVELS.

It will be possible to check on the exchanger site that the margins and pricings are kept at sane levels and also that the goals are achieved.
I think this post deserve service discussion section. Once you publish the exchanger, you should post on service announcement section.

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:41:51 AM

If you are looking to create the crypto currency exchange in Africa then you may get some help in Project Development but for that you need the project design about what you are going to do,or your team and much more details about it.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 04:34:42 PM

If you are looking to create the crypto currency exchange in Africa then you may get some help in Project Development but for that you need the project design about what you are going to do,or your team and much more details about it.
Op is not aware what they are going to do and where that should be published and what they should need. I think it is a valueless post. Just time wasting post.

smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 04:47:06 PM

Check out BitOasis. It is available in North Africa and the Middle East including the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: