Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:01:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the obstacle of Bitcoin?  (Read 22392 times)
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1316
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:33:41 PM

The main issue which bitcoin is facing is that bitcoin is still mostly used for trader rather than transaction .

Bitcoin was created to buy sell and send money abroad without any interference of any third party .

For bitcoin to become stable you we have to increase the use of bitcoin for transaction rather than treating is like just an investment .

I agree to this. If bitcoin is used as an investment, there will mainly be buyers and people will not want to sell their bitcoins easily. With such a situation, the price condition will become very uneven affecting crypto community.

Signature available for rent
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:02:56 PM

On the top of my head, here's a few.

• Liquidity: As liquidity is low, big market orders are expected to significantly move the price of bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general. This is something that will be "fixed" as more money goes into the bitcoin markets.
  • UI/UX/user-friendliness: Bitcoin might be easy enough to use for most of us here, but it's definitely not for non-tech savvy people(e.g. our grandparents). Especially with the handling of private keys; I don't think we can expect true global adoption if people needs to backup their recovery seed on pieces of paper.
  • Misinformation/Misunderstandings: There are so much misinformation spreading about bitcoin. Namely, "bitcoin is not scarce, people can create forks", "bitcoin is only used for drugs", and many more. There's so much misunderstandings of people in social media and on television; and what's worse, is that they're spreading their misinformation! Causing a sort of domino effect on people's impressions of bitcoin.
Liquidity is a big one , I full agree, there are also articles that take about similar problems you have mentioned.
Overall you answered perfectly
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:36:58 PM

I don't see any obstacles that are seen in Bitcoin, the current bad prices are mostly caused by ognum who is looking for personal gain.
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:10:21 PM

I think that a big obstacle in the large-scale use of bitcoin is its strong volatility. And another reason is that people still know little about the benefits of bitcoin over the official banking system.
the obstacle of bitcoin at the moment is the problem of how to stop hackers and the falling market prices, how to restore bitcoin like it used to
keshav.sawant.83

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:53:12 PM

On the top of my head, here's a few.

• Liquidity: As liquidity is low, big market orders are expected to significantly move the price of bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general. This is something that will be "fixed" as more money goes into the bitcoin markets.
  • UI/UX/user-friendliness: Bitcoin might be easy enough to use for most of us here, but it's definitely not for non-tech savvy people(e.g. our grandparents). Especially with the handling of private keys; I don't think we can expect true global adoption if people needs to backup their recovery seed on pieces of paper.
  • Misinformation/Misunderstandings: There are so much misinformation spreading about bitcoin. Namely, "bitcoin is not scarce, people can create forks", "bitcoin is only used for drugs", and many more. There's so much misunderstandings of people in social media and on television; and what's worse, is that they're spreading their misinformation! Causing a sort of domino effect on people's impressions of bitcoin.

I agree. I would like to add two more point.
  • We live in communities and we are responsible members of our society we are not machines or robots. Non-technical people need some one to trust upon for what they might have no knowledge of. Money is basic requirement so they trust banks to work properly, like you and me depend on farmer to grow good quality crops. Bitcoin is like freedom but freedom as in "You are free to build your own road to your university." or "You are free to take up law against person tried to kill you.". People are good in doing what they do best. If you ask a APP developer to build road or a bridge over sea he will fail.
  • Their are no local exchanges, People have to depend upon offshore exchanges with zero liability. They have to send their personnel and financial information to this offshore exchanges. P2P exchanges are the boon but only for technical person. And majority of people font care about privacy and freedom as long as they are not doing anything illegal.

People should take up initiative to start Local Independent Micro Exchange. LIME is an exchange just for local people in your community. This will save people from sending their personal information to some offshore exchange. Through LIME non-technical people can trust you and get introduce to bitcoin. Let the local ecosystem grow and everyone will follow.

I did it so can you.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5098721

AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:45:32 PM

Main obstacle what I see is its decentralized nature which cannot change and no point of arguing because its bitcoins build quality but it has become the main reason why most governments and other organizations specially in the businesses field don't  trust to invest or to allow to continue expanding because no one is confidence enough to trust a digital currency specially a valuable one like bitcoin because there is no responsible party behind it and that is why I think it is a major obstacle for bitcoin even it is build nature

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Bhugz09
Copper Member

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:11:12 AM

That would be the system of bitcoin use. Its price now is dropping which is nature to its vulatibiblity which depend on how the trading goes.

│      HUBRISONE.com      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
CaridwenDean

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:26:36 AM

i agree with you. the price need to a stable value for a currency that is used on a large scale.
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308

Veil

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:00:55 AM

The major obstacle of bitcoin is it's price volatility ...which has made it extremely discouraging as an investment by potential investors and this has hampered it's growth in terms of general acceptability in recent times.
The volatility has made it not to be suitable as a payment medium for the  exchange of goods and services as well.
goldexp83

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:10:11 AM

for me, are the following:

-scaling: right now it cannot replace our old transactions technologies, like Visa and Mastercard, it’s used mostly as digital gold alternative and not for day to day transaction

-adoption: connected to the first problem, not many people understand the incredible leap forward in terms of transparency compared to traditional solutions and so adoption is still very behind

iam_aayushiJ

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:16:25 AM

The biggest problem with cryptocurrencies as payment systems is and will be volatility. To be secure and widely acceptable as payment method it needs to create security for the businesses first
Bitcoin will always recover. Even if drops with 50% .Traders are still using it to get rich and theyll take advantage and buy . Volatility doesn't mean that bitcoin can go down to $50 Smiley) Bitcoin will never go lower than $2000 ( which might be its real price) as long as it is an alternate payment method in real life first, then on internet.

🅲🅾🅸🅽🆂🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷 SCAM 🅴🆇🅲🅷🅰🅽🅶🅴
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 09:38:32 PM

the price of bitcoin has been changing dramatically, and many people have invested in bitcoin. And they get a generous return. these stories attract more people to join Bitcoin. in my opinion, this is precisely an obstacle. It is an obstacle for Bitcoin to be used on a large scale. It requires a stable value for a currency that is used on a large scale.
It is an obstacle if you let it become one, there are many people that have been here for a long time and they do not really care at all about the fiat price of bitcoin, and people will have learn to think in that way as well, you need to stop caring so much about the price of bitcoin in fiat and just concentrate on using your bitcoin whenever is convenient for you just like you would use your fiat.
if in my opinion, the obstacle of bitcoin is the frequent ups and downs of market prices that are relatively fast and cannot be known. and many ganv campaigns that don't get maximum results. in addition there are also the most pathetic, namely the arrival of hackers.
That is an obstacle but it was inevitable when a new market appears there is no way to make the market stable at all and those that decide to invest in it like us need to deal with it, many have decided they are willing to take the volatility since they understand very clearly he profits they an make out of this market are incredible compared to other markets.
electron-coin

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:30:46 PM

Of course, the desire to make money on Bitcoin has a strong influence on its price. And the lack of appropriate regulatory laws allows major players to manipulate price with impunity.
But with all this, it's hard for me to blame people for this. Money is the source of modern life. Each of us has to pay for almost everything, and it makes people look for ways to make money.
So it is time to introduce regulatory laws into the world of crypto currencies, only in this way can prices be made more stable, which will help the mass adoption of crypto currencies.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:39:03 AM

As they said that information is power, i think one of the major problem as obstacle of bitcoin is wrong information. There has been wrong information about bitcoin since it onset and mostly after the bull run in 2017 which left many investors with looses even uptil now, those investors have wrong information concerning bitcoin when it come to price stability. Let us be positive and this will be solve.
Information can make many investors frightened if the information is bad and negative. the result is that many invetsors will panic?
but of course information depends on the object right? if the object is like a ban it will certainly give a obstacle to bitcoin
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:53:07 AM

the obstacle of bitcoin at the moment is the problem of how to stop hackers and the falling market prices, how to restore bitcoin like it used to

what do you think was bitcoin before ?  High price and cant be hacked ?  No .  bitcoin before was the same as bitcoin today   . the price maybe lower than the past years but that is normal because bitcoin is unstable and even before bitcoin first came out , the value started too low  .

Bitcoin cant also be hack .  what can be hack is the wallets/accounts/exchanges because they store the cash of users   but thats normal  because even on other sites there are also hacking incidents  .  

Price volatility is also normal  because this is the true nature of cryptos including bitcoin . thats why we cannot call them obstacle .
Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 04:31:36 AM

what do you think was bitcoin before ?  High price and cant be hacked ?  No .  bitcoin before was the same as bitcoin today   . the price maybe lower than the past years but that is normal because bitcoin is unstable and even before bitcoin first came out , the value started too low  .

Bitcoin cant also be hack .  what can be hack is the wallets/accounts/exchanges because they store the cash of users   but thats normal  because even on other sites there are also hacking incidents  .  

Price volatility is also normal  because this is the true nature of cryptos including bitcoin . thats why we cannot call them obstacle .

I think the main obstacle of bitcoin is acceptance in the government, that they allow bitcoin to operate in all countries, specially in developing ones.
.gustafson

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:32:30 AM

Bitcoin cannot move from this mark for many reasons. I think a large role in this is played by various state regulatory institutions. In addition, not enough demand. If the demand for some reason increases dramatically, then the price will increase too. This, in my opinion, is the main reasons for ending bitcoin growth at the moment.
SplitBirb
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 11

🐦

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 07:56:30 AM

I think the obstacle of bitcoin is all the forks going on such as BitcoinSV and BCH.  This is confusing new investors that go to Bitcoin.com to buy bitcoin when in reality its BCH they are purchasing. Also the ICO phase that happened during 2017-2018 (and still ongoing) really damaged the cryptocurrency image. Many turned out scams and lots big money. On top of this Social influencers in Youtube, Twitter, Reddit and other social medias need to give positive news. Right now the majority are all negative and this does have an impact.

🐦 Find me on Twitter @SplitBirb 🐦
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:58:13 AM

Users that are doing fraud may be consider as obstacle in bitcoin. Because of the likes of this people investors may not going to feel comfort in doing transactions with the mindset that the possible scam or any fraud activities will going to happen. This is why a law is need for this people so that this kind of activities will be minimized.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:14:16 AM

Bitcoin is innovative and a revolutionary way of payment especially across borders. However, there are still many people around the globe with limited or no internet accessibility which makes it very difficult for them to patronize Bitcoin. Other shortcomings like the high transaction fees and slow transaction speed are being worked on with the initiation of the Lighting Network.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: