Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:12:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 Mini Batch 2 Factory Firmware - Unavailable Elsewhere  (Read 259 times)
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:13:40 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2018, 12:04:19 AM by chipless

Here is the Z9 Mini Batch 2 Factory Firmware many have been looking for. It took me awhile but I got it and put it into a useable package for updating thru the web gui on your machine. Build date of 08/12/2018.

This is not the Batch 1 or Batch 3 firmware it is a true Batch 2, Works on Batch 1-3 Minis ONLY! DOES NOT WORK ON THE BATCH 4

Z9 Mini Batch 2:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BPjsk2c5NLriEVkqx0i1unc-XqVeJnKR/view?usp=sharing

If you find it helpful please donate, it did take some time to get together for public use.

You can send Zcash Donations to the following wallet:   t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:21:25 AM

Here is the Z9 Mini Batch 2 Factory Firmware many have been looking for. It took me awhile but I got it and put it into a useable package for updating thru the web gui on your machine. Build date of 08/12/2018.

This is not the Batch 1 or Batch 3 firmware it is a true Batch 2, BUT SHOULD WORK ON ALL VERSIONS INCLUDING THE BATCH 4

Z9 Mini Batch 2:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BPjsk2c5NLriEVkqx0i1unc-XqVeJnKR/view?usp=sharing

If you find it helpful please donate, it did take some time to get together for public use.

You can send Zcash Donations to the following wallet:   t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

I thought your last firmware release, "batch 4" worked "on all batches"?

Why release something different?

This is very confusing.

Have a nice day.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 07:39:34 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2018, 10:20:50 PM by chipless

This is not the Batch 1 or Batch 3 firmware it is a true Batch 2, BUT SHOULD WORK ON ALL VERSIONS INCLUDING THE BATCH 4

Z9 Mini Batch 2:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BPjsk2c5NLriEVkqx0i1unc-XqVeJnKR/view?usp=sharing

You can send Zcash Donations to the following wallet:   t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

This is very confusing.

Have a nice day.

-j

Jason apparently you are not reading the topic and are just making comments to be an ass because it clearly states it is factory firmware and doesn't mention anything about any mods. Get over the fact that I released the batch 4 mini fix and that I brought many things to the attention of the public as to how much control you took over their miners with your firmware releases. People deserve a choice in what fw they want to use and not be stuck to one mans control. I still question your fw because if a certain file is removed it shows a different clock speed for the miners status. One day I will dig into it some more and see what is going on until then I have other things going on.

Nothing confusing about releasing the Batch 2 Factory firmware. Some were looking for it. This is factory firmware no mods to it.

efudd

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:28:18 PM

This is very confusing.

Have a nice day.

-j

Jason apparently you are not reading the topic and are just making comments to be an ass because it clearly states it is factory firmware and doesn't mention anything about any mods. Get over the fact that I released the batch 4 mini fix and that I brought many things to the attention of the public as to how much control you took over their miners with your firmware releases. People deserve a choice in what fw they want to use and not be stuck to one mans control. I still question your fw because if a certain file is removed it shows a different clock speed for the miners status. One day I will dig into it some more and see what is going on until then I have other things going on.

Nothing confusing about releasing the Batch 2 Factory firmware. Some were looking for it. This is factory firmware no mods to it.

“and put it into a useable package for updating thru the web gui on your machine” didn’t sound like “just a copy”. You made it sound like you did something to it.

As far as the file you are referring to, the “.freqs” file, that is just a shortcut to get data into the web UI without modifying the whole API handling in memory. So question away, you would still be wrong in your assumptions of me doing something nefarious.

Have a nice day.

-j

fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:07:37 AM

Are you two still bickering like an old married couple? I figured you would have gien up by now.

P.S. Why would anyone be wanting the batch 2 firmware? It took the ability to overclock via the GUI away and was the first thing I removed the day I got my batch 2 machines....
efudd

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:35:51 AM

Are you two still bickering like an old married couple? I figured you would have gien up by now.

P.S. Why would anyone be wanting the batch 2 firmware? It took the ability to overclock via the GUI away and was the first thing I removed the day I got my batch 2 machines....

Someone has to wear the pants in this relationship!

Smiley

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:05:45 AM

This is very confusing.

Have a nice day.

-j

“and put it into a useable package for updating thru the web gui on your machine” didn’t sound like “just a copy”. You made it sound like you did something to it.

As far as the file you are referring to, the “.freqs” file, that is just a shortcut to get data into the web UI without modifying the whole API handling in memory. So question away, you would still be wrong in your assumptions of me doing something nefarious.

Have a nice day.

-j

You find me a batch 2 firmware available for loading thru the web gui  other then mine. There is no batch 2 firmware package out there. I am not going to tell you how I came about it. Bitmain never released this version other then loaded it to some batch 2's. Check the build dates and compare cgminer with the versions you have and you will see.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:08:56 AM

Ask the people online who are looking for it. I just filled their request for it. As far as fudd he don't like free versions put out because he loses sales to firmware that can meet a person needs without the dev fee. If you want fudd controlling your miner then use his stuff I prefer to lose some speed over letting him have the ability to shut my miner down or depend on his api server to make my miner run.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: