Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:25:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: According to Yahoo Finance, Waves is fastest public blockchain in World.  (Read 526 times)
jekainvestor

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:35:43 PM

Is this true?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/enterprise-blockchain-gets-boost-investors-110000262.html

Apparently, since December 2017 (WavesNG) - I would have thought Waves would be top 3 platform.

Are you joking? The Waves is the fastest blockchain in the whole world among lots of others very strong and really fast blockchains? So I do not consider it to be the fastest. And it should be done a lot first in order it becomes the fastest.
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:32:52 AM

I am wondering why Wave is so fast but Ethereum is still used in most projects. And projects on Wave seem to be ineffective, at least their token prices. So, fast is not most feature of a blockchain technology. All are just "they claim", their is no evidence from a third-party.
Levious

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:25:12 AM

There are many coins with fast speed. If the coins are concentrated, the speed is usually very fast. I don’t think that speed is the pursuit now. Otherwise, the price of Ethereum has already been surpassed. The speed is not scarce. The first-mover advantage is important, not speed.

antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 07:36:47 AM

Maybe because it makes the investor confidence level so high that the waves rise faster than other altcoins. Waves can keep the price above the average of other altcoins
Mytoken

Activity: 392

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:57:16 AM

I have seen a lot of articles about Waves recently. They also raised the advantages of Waves. I also recognize them very much, but I am very disappointed in the bear market, even if a good project is difficult to get attention.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:28:21 AM

News on Waves has recently increased rapidly. I think they're trying to raise the Waves price. And they are doing it.
Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 825

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:47:47 AM

I have seen a lot of articles about Waves recently. They also raised the advantages of Waves. I also recognize them very much, but I am very disappointed in the bear market, even if a good project is difficult to get attention.

Don't be disappointed because this is just part of the game. We have already waited for about a year now so we are getting closer to the tail end of the bear season and we might see 2019 as the start of a bull run. As far as Waves though, it's debatable, you will hear the XRP or even LTC is faster so as they say. But if you see this kind of article, I have doubts though, maybe they just wanted to give it a headline or maybe a paid advertisement.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:52:50 AM

Is this true?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/enterprise-blockchain-gets-boost-investors-110000262.html

Apparently, since December 2017 (WavesNG) - I would have thought Waves would be top 3 platform.

I don't really understand technically, waves are one of those who have advanced technology, but the problem is the waves don't have smart contracts like eth. and I admit that waves are crypto that have enough opportunities to grow in the next few years.
leow

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:59:54 AM

To be honest, this is new information for me, I did not even think that waves have the fastest blockchain. Maybe this advantage will help him in the future. Although many projects are puzzled how to increase the speed of transactions in their network, and many it seems to work.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 09:10:40 AM

I don't like waves. I know they have their advantages but i still don't like it, last time i invest in it because they were giving Airdrops for its holders but soon i bought them, the price of waves started dropping, it was as if they lured the investors to hold waves for Airdrop and then started selling their own coins
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:14:44 AM

Is this true?

The word 'public' is very important here, there might be faster blockchains that doesn't fit to the definition of 'public'. Anyways, Waves is a great platform with wide potential for public and private application.
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:19:13 AM

I thought there are so much projects that have already crossed the bar of 100k transactions per second. Look at Traxion project, they are promising the fastest blockchain in the crypto currencies history.
thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:53:04 AM

Is this true?

Even though I dont not hold this coin and technically, I am not an expert, I think what the author claimed in the article is reasonable (with a specific intention), one of them for the project itself. It would be nice if the author attaches data related to claims as the fastest public blockchain platform in the world.

I don't really understand technically, waves are one of those who have advanced technology, but the problem is the waves don't have smart contracts like eth. and I admit that waves are crypto that have enough opportunities to grow in the next few years.
Actually, waves does has smart contract which will allows a host of other businesses to launch tokens on its chain and other functions as well. You can find it here : https://wavesplatform.com/developers/smart-contracts

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 10:07:29 AM

I'm not too sure about that, the article does not mention exactly how fast the confirmation times are.
Frankly, the article reads more like an advertisement, since there's almost no editorial input.

The only thing we're getting are claims made by people who are involved with the project itself.

Steem and EOS both have confirmation times of just a couple of seconds.

Source: https://www.abitgreedy.com/transaction-speed/

How does that compare to Waves?

glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:21:59 PM

How does that compare to Waves?

Not very favorably. With Waves you see transaction in less than 1 second.

In any case EOS is more like Ripple with it's private master nodes - it's not proper decentralised blockchain.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:25:01 PM

I think the lack of marketing and more platform are the reasons why Waves' potential is not materializing, we know here that Waves is very fast but how about the people who are not here but looking for a fast payment method, the majority of topics here are all about Bitcoin and Ethereum.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
glerant

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:30:14 PM

I think the lack of marketing and more platform are the reasons why Waves' potential is not materializing, we know here that Waves is very fast but how about the people who are not here but looking for a fast payment method, the majority of topics here are all about Bitcoin and Ethereum.

I don't know about marketing. How many other blockchain platforms featured on CNN TV, Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance etc

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2017/09/29/russia-cryptocurrency-craze-sebastian-pkg.cnn

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-19/waves-raises-120-million-for-private-blockchain-after-ico-boom

Kawshies

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 12:31:54 PM

Now waves are in position 21 in the coinmarketcap. Waves have to beat 18 on it to be the top 3 platform. The fastest public blockchain is not enough to be a top 3 platform, it has to be seen as well as other features so that it can be a top 3 platform.
glerant

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:23:11 PM

Actually even they create more fast than bitcoin now like waves still both have different worth like they are very useful then another thing i don't look what is fast about transaction i look in fees so for me bitcoin is good in all then this is already trusted here in crypto with many different transaction and many trading pairs so even yahoo finance say that in news better to look at the worth of everything like use all

I think the gist of what you said is, 'It's all very well having the fastest blockchain but you also have to look at fees'.

Well yes. I am happy with the fees on Waves platform. They are orders of magnitude cheaper than Bitcoin. That's why I use Waves to store & move around all my other crypto. The trading fees on the Waves Distributed Exchange (WAVES DEX) are also cheap and I like having the same interface on my desktop & phone.
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:21:41 PM

Waves is a potential coin and deserves to be a top 10 coins but it is  a long way to go to outperform ETH, I will definitely grab some more Wawes to my portfolio while it is relatively cheap.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: