Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:01:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Can I Buy USDT in Canada  (Read 230 times)
randallflagg (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:55:04 PM

I'm a Canadian crypto trader. I've been looking for a way to hedge against this market volatility, and using a stablecoin like USDT seems like a good solution. The only issue is, there are no efficient ways for buying USDT with fiat. Does anyone know of any Canadian exchanges or similar services that can sell me USDT if I am paying in FIAT?

Thanks for your feedback!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:56:36 PM

AFAIK the only place to buy tether with usd is from their site directly. If you're really having issues why not just buy bitcoin and then sell that bitcoin for tether? I'm a little confused as to your motives for holding USDT.

randallflagg (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 06:02:17 PM

using btc to buy tether can work, but thats just one more trade I need to execute on my part. And, although its not the end of the world, it still seems like an unnecessary step. Shouldn't there be more efficient purchasing methods for Tether, like being able to purchase it directly through fiat?
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 06:15:55 PM

I'm a Canadian crypto trader. I've been looking for a way to hedge against this market volatility, and using a stablecoin like USDT seems like a good solution. The only issue is, there are no efficient ways for buying USDT with fiat. Does anyone know of any Canadian exchanges or similar services that can sell me USDT if I am paying in FIAT?

why you want to hold usdt? if you want to hedge the value of btc then you should sell your btc for usdt (stable coin) for the future event.. in casr if you don't know what usdt is then it is the crrypto backed by the usd $

raptorez

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

Sorry, but I think that in Canada, as well as in the States, it is very difficult to actually buy BTC, because as far as I know, it is very difficult to get it, unlike what it was before, but I think that it is possible.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3895

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 07:58:31 PM

Sorry, but I think that in Canada, as well as in the States, it is very difficult to actually buy BTC, because as far as I know, it is very difficult to get it, unlike what it was before, but I think that it is possible.
Buying bitcoin or any crypto using fiat is always hard. I use localbitcoins, paxful etc. At the beginning you will struggle but once you will build a decent reputation then you will be ok.

OP, my suggestion is buy BTC and then exchange them with USDT if you really want to convert.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Macinto$h

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:19:15 PM

Why don't you just exchange your Canadian dollars for US dollars and refill with them your account on any exchange - for example, Bittrex, and then buy USDT there. I think it should not be difficult. I would do just that.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:25:11 PM

USDT are equivalent to USD, a fiat.
USDT is supposed to be bought through and sold for crypto for acting as a hedge and lowering that loss.
You can buy USDT from crypto on any popular exchange. You can buy a crypto first an than convert to USDT if you want.
raptorez

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:36:35 PM

Why don't you just exchange your Canadian dollars for US dollars and refill with them your account on any exchange - for example, Bittrex, and then buy USDT there. I think it should not be difficult. I would do just that.
Overall, this is a great idea. but you understand that it is necessary to take into account taxes there, so keep in mind, today it would be better than just buying through incomprehensible people
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:20:59 PM

if the OP still does not find a solution to buy USDT, then I suggest making a offer thread in this forum, maybe on a service board or marketplace. do not forget to use escrow services, I think there are many people here who are ready to help you and you can buy it using paypal, perfect money, western union or any payment services that you two agree later.
raptorez

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 06:36:19 PM

if the OP still does not find a solution to buy USDT, then I suggest making a offer thread in this forum, maybe on a service board or marketplace. do not forget to use escrow services, I think there are many people here who are ready to help you and you can buy it using paypal, perfect money, western union or any payment services that you two agree later.
Do they sell USDT? It seems to me that by putting down the possibility of officially registering on the stock exchange, for example, on BitFinex, which today has opportunities to use such things.
Rob768

Activity: 324

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:32:38 PM

I don't understand why you can't use cryptoexchanges?! Buy bitcoin and then usdt. After that you can withdraw it to your wallet. If you have problems with access, try vpn services.
raptorez

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:27:35 PM

I don't understand why you can't use cryptoexchanges?! Buy bitcoin and then usdt. After that you can withdraw it to your wallet. If you have problems with access, try vpn services.
Understand. Today, this is normal with us, because we are still not fully able to ban cryptocurrencies. And there they are already seriously opposed to cryptocurrencies, because they are working with the dollar. This is a direct conflict of interest.
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:14:11 PM

There are no online exchangers in your country?? In extreme cases, you can negotiate through the guarantor and buy USDT from one of the users.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:27:16 PM

As a canadian, I have little idea about usdt or Bitcoin there
But you can buy bitcoin or etherum

Then go to one the best exchanges and convert them to usdt or tether there
It’s save easy and convenient I believe
raptorez

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:48:04 PM

There are no online exchangers in your country?? In extreme cases, you can negotiate through the guarantor and buy USDT from one of the users.
Yes, I think that this idea would be the most correct, because in many countries the so-called black market of cryptocurrencies is practiced. In such countries it is difficult to export and import cryptocurrencies on hardware wallets.
Maria Dent

Activity: 74
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:56:24 AM

Though tether will not be good enough for long term investment I believe sake of its stability it will be good to hold some tether so that in times decline in the value of bitcoin and the other cryptos you will be a bit secured.You can convert BTC  to USDT from CoinSwitch at best rates.

If you want to enjoy the benefits of blockchain and fiat money, you can consider Tether. Tether is one of the most stable coins even though almost all coins look red. That's why you can enter Tether now in your wallet.
dulinivanrus

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 08:46:34 AM

If you use exchange Binance then you can buy cryptocurrencies and in particular USDT from a regular credit card. I heard that it will soon be easier to make transactions and exchange Fiat money for cryptocurrency, but at the moment the project is under development.

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:04:57 AM

There should be some other exchanges, apart from those in Canada, where you can purchase any of the stable coins. You are likely going to have access to purchase other stable coins, apart from USDT, which you can easily hold in your ERC20 private wallet. Also, so many countries are allowed to use Binance, where to can make withdrawal to a particular level without submitting any document for kyc.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:19:57 AM

Do you have Remitano in Australia? It is a peer to peer exchange, similar to localbitcoin. You can buy USDT from seller directly by bank transfer. Alternately, you can create a thread in marketplace to deal with seller from Australia but remember to use escrow.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: