Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:21:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic title change  (Read 3137 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 05:49:42 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2011, 11:41:12 PM by theymos

Split from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50796.0

This has gone way off topic.  If anyone wishes to continue this debate, please feel free to start a new thread.

EDIT: nevermind, this topic has turtles all the way down.  I'll just change the name.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:13:37 PM

This has gone way off topic.  If anyone wishes to continue this debate, please feel free to start a new thread.

EDIT: nevermind, this topic goes all the way down.  I'll just change the name.

this is not nice of you in a role of moderator. do the forum admins encourage moderators to use their powers with bias and unjustly?

if you feel you are in camp with pirates is this my fault? that lets you push your biased opinion about me to others by using your moderator powers. is this what you think a right thing you are doing?

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:27:43 PM

The following post, "Re: Serge says we're pirates (was:Congress Declares War on
Internet)" by MoonShadow has been reported by Serge on a board you
moderate:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50796.msg606804#msg606804

The reporter has made the following comment:
this is unfair use of moderator powers.

This is, I believe, the first time I've ever been reported for trolling, to myself.

EDIT: Does anyone else have a better title suggestion?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:30:52 PM

The following post, "Re: Serge says we're pirates (was:Congress Declares War on
Internet)" by MoonShadow has been reported by Serge on a board you
moderate:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50796.msg606804#msg606804

The reporter has made the following comment:
this is unfair use of moderator powers.

This is, I believe, the first time I've ever been reported for trolling, to myself.

very funny.
if this is your board - you make the rules, you can ban me for all i care

if you simply doing a job of moderation, nothing to moderate here other than moving it to appropriate sub forum section, you went overboard by using your moderator power unjustly.

grow up kid.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:38:40 PM

this is not nice of you in a role of moderator. do the forum admins encourage moderators to use their powers with bias and unjustly?

if you feel you are in camp with pirates is this my fault? that lets you push your biased opinion about me to others by using your moderator powers. is this what you think a right thing you are doing?

It is my, admittedly biased, opinion that the content of this thread was no longer, if ever, reflected by it's title nor the OP's intent.  I simply changed the title to reflect my impressions of the thread as siccinctly as I could.  Do you wish to offer an alternative?  If you honestly feel that I have treated yourself 'unfairly' then I recommend that you contact Theymos and annoy him.  I'm certain that if you pester him long enough, you are bound to get one of us banned.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:44:28 PM

if this is your board - you make the rules, you can ban me for all i care

if you simply doing a job of moderation, nothing to moderate here other than moving it to appropriate sub forum section, you went overboard by using your moderator power unjustly.

grow up kid.

This is not my board.  I enforce the rules, what few that there are, and I do not make new ones.  I have no intention of banning you, for I'm no more interested in being surrounded by "plus one" echos than I am in debating yourself in the topic of appropriate copyright law.

It's been a long time since someone called me young, thanks.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:49:34 PM

It is my, admittedly biased, opinion that the content of this thread was no longer, if ever, reflected by it's title nor the OP's intent.  I simply changed the title to reflect my impressions of the thread as siccinctly as I could.  Do you wish to offer an alternative?  If you honestly feel that I have treated yourself 'unfairly' then I recommend that you contact Theymos and annoy him.  I'm certain that if you pester him long enough, you are bound to get one of us banned.

I don't think as a moderator you have a right to change any topic at will with things such as "Serge says you all pirates" - i didn't say that. You wanted to attack me somehow and choose to use your moderator privileges to accomplish it, sort of.

what a great mod you are. totally just and unbiased and respect private communication of others. /sarcasm
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:58:46 PM

I don't think as a moderator you have a right to change any topic at will with things such as "Serge says you all pirates" - i didn't say that. You wanted to attack me somehow and choose to use your moderator privileges to accomplish it, sort of.

I didn't have any interest in attacking you when I changed the title, but I'm starting to reconsider.  If I intended to attack you, I have much better, and much less subtle, methods available to me.  If I should ever choose to go on any kind of verbal attack against you, it would be unmistakable to anyone.  Except, perhaps, yourself.  I'm beginning to suspect that you're trying to start a battle of wits while unarmed.

what a great mod you are. totally just and unbiased and respect private communication of others. /sarcasm

The 'report to moderator' button isn't private.  It is sent out to every mod on this forum.  I just found it amusing, because I suspect that you didn't realize that I'd get one.

EDIT: And complaining about my choice of title without offering an alternative after one has been requested suggests that you're just offended that you're on a forum with a different etiquite than you are accustomed to.

Put another way, you're butthurt and think that I was the guy behind you.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 07:07:25 PM

i used "report to moderator" button just to point out that what was done was unfair.

i don't care how super, clever, subtle your verbal attacking maybe if you'd have decided to go that route.

since you used specifically my nick to propagate false statement about me though moderation i consider it an attempted attack of unfair mod practice.

the more edited topic stays unchanged the less respect i have for you.

the communication went out in private to those who are running this board. if i wanted to make it public i would comment in public in here as i do or by creating new thread. you managed to disrespect that too and i see it as continuation of unfair mod attack.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 07:30:38 PM

i used "report to moderator" button just to point out that what was done was unfair.

i don't care how super, clever, subtle your verbal attacking maybe if you'd have decided to go that route.

since you used specifically my nick to propagate false statement about me though moderation i consider it an attempted attack of unfair mod practice.

the more edited topic stays unchanged the less respect i have for you.

the communication went out in private to those who are running this board. if i wanted to make it public i would comment in public in here as i do or by creating new thread. you managed to disrespect that too and i see it as continuation of unfair mod attack.

Fortunately for myself, I don't require your respect.  Fortunately for you, neither do you.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 07:39:16 PM

Serge, I just realized that you have done it again.  You completely highjacked this thread so that the title doesn't reflect the topic.  Since you seem so sensitive about titles, this time I'll ask your opinon.

How about "Serge says MoonShadow is a dick" or perhaps "Serge picks fight he cannot win"?

"Serge chooses knife for gunfight"?
Too cryptic.

"MoonShadow in battle of wits with an unarmed Serge"?
Too cliche.

"Serge doesn't understand that Bitcoin is copyrighted"?
Too easy.

"Serge's limited English leads him to believe that Americans are talking about him"?  Too wordy.

Hey Serge, you give it a try.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 07:39:37 PM

MoonShadow
since you replied several times after me pointing out that your action as a mod was unfair
and the topic isn't changed, continuing to propagate false statement as though it is in my own words
you're clearly set it up as an attack on myself.  you are piss poor mod failure. enjoy flexing your adolescent powers. i'm sure it will catch up to you at some time in future.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 07:44:07 PM

MoonShadow
since you replied several times after me pointing out that your action as a mod was unfair
and the topic isn't changed, continuing to propagate false statement as though it is in my own words
you're clearly set it up as an attack on myself.  you are piss poor mod failure. enjoy flexing your adolescent powers. i'm sure it will catch up to you at some time in future.

Why don't you just ask another mod to delete the thread?  I going to leave it here as a matter of principle.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 07:51:46 PM

MoonShadow

Why don't you just ask another mod to delete the thread?  I going to leave it here as a matter of principle.

MoonShadow's principle: do as he pleases, fuck the unbiased judgment calls.

nice principle you got there.  I was called hypocrite earlier, i would be real hypocrite if after that i didn't change my avatar or replaced with another hotlinked/copyrighted avatar. but at least i had a decency to acknowledge of wrong doing.  I guess your principle's do not include such courtesy to be able acknowledge when you are wrong and being pointed out to.

what a great mod you are, just and unbiased! /sarcasm
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 08:02:21 PM

MoonShadow

Why don't you just ask another mod to delete the thread?  I going to leave it here as a matter of principle.

MoonShadow's principle: do as he pleases, fuck the unbiased judgment calls.

nice principle you got there.  I was called hypocrite earlier, i would be real hypocrite if after that i didn't change my avatar or replaced with another hotlinked/copyrighted avatar. but at least i had a decency to acknowledge of wrong doing.  I guess your principle's do not include such courtesy to be able acknowledge when you are wrong and being pointed out to.

what a great mod you are, just and unbiased! /sarcasm

Just because you have mentioned that you believe that you have been treated unfairly, does not make it so.  The principle in question is accountability.  If I deleted it, there would be no evidence either way.  I don't mind being questioned.

And there are few things that I'll censor you over faster than use of vulgar language on the publicly viewable sections of this forum.  Tread lightly.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 08:14:25 PM

MoonShadow, you put false statement about me in the topic using your mod privileges - this is not what mods should be doing.
you fail to acknowledge that is wrong doing out of some fucked up twisted principle.

---------------

I have donated money to this forum before. I was considering donating more in the future. Because of one mod's childish attack on me utilizing his mod privileges by making false statements as though they are mine I won't be able to support such action financially in the future.

I suggest Admins of this board to cleanup their Mod's act  . Your mod is running on principle that is damaging reputation and integrity of this place.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 08:28:43 PM

I have donated money to this forum before. I was considering donating more in the future. Because of one mod's childish attack on me utilizing his mod privileges by making false statements as though they are mine I won't be able to support such action financially in the future.

I suggest Admins of this board to cleanup their Mod's act  . Your mod is running on principle that is damaging reputation and integrity of this place.

I'm actually laughing, now.  This is akin to some rich guy complaining about a cop who pulls him over for swerving, because he pays his salary.

Keep impuning my integrity, and see what kind of "justice" you get from the other mods.  I'm just going to watch.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 08:34:30 PM

MoonShadow, you have proven to have no integrity as a mod right in this thread.

and why would i want to support financially  childish act of a global moderator?  stick to your principles, treat your members unfairly attack them with false claims and watch donations dry out.

you failed too many times just in this one single thread alone.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 10:33:19 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2011, 10:51:29 PM by Serge

a mod should not make judgment calls in moderation due to his personal disagreements with other users.

think he would feel fine if I created a thread with false statement in topic as though it was his words? would you feel fine if same was done to you?
- i'm certain he would have edited/deleted it or even banned me for such act. ALL I ask is to remove my name with false staement next to it in the topic. am I unreasonable here?

I said what i said and i stand by my words, i don't have a problem with difference of opinions. What I have problem with is when a mod (global mod for that matter) puts false statement next to my nick/name as it was my own. - you don't find anything wrong with that, CornedBeefHash ?
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 11:38:17 PM

a mod should not make judgment calls in moderation due to his personal disagreements with other users.

I didn't make a judgement call based upon my personal disagreement with you, or anyone else.  I can think that you are full of crap and still not hold it against you.  I'm not emotionly invested in this thread even now, but you get one (factually supportable) 'hipocrite' and you're bent.  I hotlinked this tread into the staff/mod section hours ago, and no one has come to your defense.  I'm not entirely sure why you believe that you have a grievence, nor do I believe that the title that I chose misrepresents this thread.  This has been going on all day now, and you still have not offered an alternative title, nor apparently were willing (or able, perhaps) to get another mod to change/delete anything.

EDIT: Well, somebody did change the title, to a particularly relevant one at that.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: