Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:51:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peoples truly believe A LOT in Bitcoin  (Read 1707 times)
DavidCryptoMoon (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:25:18 PM

But why ? Because it's the first cryptocurrency created, and the most used in the market ? What makes you believe that Bitcoin will be the eternal king of the market, and something else won't replace it ?

I'm surprised everydays of peoples saying that "btc will be the king forever" without delivering a proper argument.
That's why I created this topic, not because I want to know "who will be the next king" or "BTC will be replaced soon", no, I want to hear a proper opinion on this matter, without some BS such as "it's the king, because it was the first". In that case, why would he's still be the "king" right now, and why would be he be in the future ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:37:49 PM

Why? Go use the search button of the forum and you can see that there are too many threads asking the same questions as yours. There's no such proper opinion related to these question(s).

People believe in something coz they're into it and mostly they invested money, time, so on and so fort.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:48:03 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1), LoyceV (1)

Mainly the community and the developers. Because the developers proved us that we could trust them, these people are driven by passion and not by greed.

I can't name any coin out there who could go through what bitcoin went thru (Drama, FUD, forks etc.) all that without having the original creator around, and would still survive.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:35:52 PM

It was never mainly because it was the first cryptocurrency. It's mostly because of adoption and network effect. Where does majority of the developers developing in? Bitcoin. What is the most used cryptocurrency? Bitcoin. Bitcoin is simply just so far ahead that it's going to be difficult(though not impossible) for other projects to overtake it.

Everyone being realistic would think that it's not impossible to replace bitcoin anyway. It just doesn't seem that it's going to be replaced anytime soon. Bitcoin is too established currently to be easily replaced in just less than a decade. If it was going to be replaced, it's definitely going to take a while.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 05:41:30 PM

But why ? Because it's the first cryptocurrency created, and the most used in the market ? What makes you believe that Bitcoin will be the eternal king of the market, and something else won't replace it ?

I'm surprised everydays of peoples saying that "btc will be the king forever" without delivering a proper argument.
That's why I created this topic, not because I want to know "who will be the next king" or "BTC will be replaced soon", no, I want to hear a proper opinion on this matter, without some BS such as "it's the king, because it was the first". In that case, why would he's still be the "king" right now, and why would be he be in the future ?

Look at the price movement of the market: If for example ripple or Ethereum is growing in price is the whole market greener? Or, on the contrary, when the price of EOS falls, the whole market turns crimson?
The answer is NO.
That's why bitcoin is called the king today. Because it focuses the entire market. No one is saying that he will be king forever, but you can safely say that while he deserves it. Maybe soon he will find a replacement, but today is right there.

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:06:49 PM

Bitcoin is the first of it's kind and the response so far so good as we can see by the value.
It's a promising investment yet crypto still young and still a lot of potential that can be achieve.

I think there will be no other "digital invesment things" that able compete cryptocurrency at the moment
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:19:37 PM

First,money is illusion created by humans. Bitcoin is digital form of money which can replace each other forms. It is two  different thing :Investing to inflation and investing to digital money that grows  based on proven mathematical method. Illusions can lead  person to unproperly view on economy.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:21:59 PM

Yeah, that's why the currency currently crossed 4k $ barrier again and showing us the last hope for this year.
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:24:32 PM

People truly believe a lot on bitcoin, because it is proved that one who adopt earlier will benefit good out of bitcoin. Early adopters who has got patience have earned big out of holding long term. Same is the reason that makes people believe bitcoin though it is very young with less than ten years of history.
BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 09:15:08 PM

We were surprised too, so we updated the Traits of Money

There is a thread on it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5084692.0

To value an alt, when bitcoin is still being adopted by the financial industry/governments and regulated around the world, as being a real asset, that has real value is insane.

Waiting for altcoins to show true value will take 10 years for a project. We still can't "agree" on the value of bitcoin after a decade of it storing value and transferring it without requiring 3rd parties. Altcoins may need to wait even longer to have a large enough adoption pool that undeniably proves value. The type of value that people religiously protect and hold onto regardless of "expert" opinions. THAT is where value will show in an altcoin.

Adoption - Infrastructure (exchanges, wallets, payment acceptance, historical #value, user base, security, education) = SHIT

Bitcoin = Funded all Altcoins, funded tons of other things, securely stored/transferred payments for 9 years
Altcoins = ?!?!?!

Projects like Ethereum, Monero, Stablecoins, Ripple don't have to just get adopters of these "currencies," some need to get regulators approval, show that their security is up to the task, keep their developers releasing project updates, navigate a cesspool of shitcoins that "pretend" they do anything.

There is value within some of them, the amount is less than 5% and only time will prove this.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
Rijaalul Asyqoo

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:21:07 PM

You can say that. Because the first BTC, holding market prices, has many communities, many believe. but it is not something that is not possible at one time BTC will be replaced by another, but for now people still put trust in BTC.

A I R W A L L E T │    The Gold Standard of Airdrops  
 ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        LinkedIn        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:50:53 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2018, 12:05:32 AM by aoluain

And there are a lot who dont believe in bitcoin at all and thats the way
society works. Why woild you come onto a dedicated crypto forum and
try and preach to us?

It is up to you the OP whos task it is to tell us why bitcoin WONT be the
king forever?  You created this thread, so own it and earn it.

Contrary to what some think bitcoin is in a healthy place, development
continues, simple proof is segwit and lightening.

Hundreds of alt coins have been created and none have come close to
matching bitcoin.

Crypto revolves around bitcoin, trading, buying and selling is centered
around bitcoin.

Adoption is aimed predominantly at bitcoin, even banks see a future in
bitcoin.

In the 10 years of its existence bitcoins security has never been questioned

It is a survivor because of the community who believe.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 11:56:35 PM

Bitcoin is a highly scalable currency. I believe that Bitcoin will be able to develop and replace fiat money.

Smart contract is not needed for the means of payment

BuyBuyBitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 12:06:04 AM

You can say that. Because the first BTC, holding market prices, has many communities, many believe. but it is not something that is not possible at one time BTC will be replaced by another, but for now people still put trust in BTC.

Wrong

How will another convince everyone in bitcoin that their shiny new coin has real value? They won't. EVER.

How will a new coin somehow have a better development team, when bitcoin has the best developers in the space? 

Altcoins like Ethereum, Monero, Litecoin have people who are as good as bitcoin developers but that doesn't leave any talent for "new coins" to hire and somehow create a "better" coin.

The worst developers in crypto "try" to create valuable coins and fail. The best developers in crypto join the best crypto currency development teams that bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, ripple, stellar have created.

Starting a new team to create a new coin requires so much capital that it would automatically lose value because questions of the teams intentions will always be asked when looking at a crypto currency. Satoshi and bitcoin don't have that problem.

The Core teams ability to keep the protocol running, secure transactions and store value is not EASY for someone else to just do it better.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

We believe in it because it's a great technology. It can be taken over by something better at some point but why would it be if it can be upgraded? Aeroplanes were never taken over by something better. They were continuously upgraded since the first prototype and I don't see them being taken over by a better technology in the next 50 years. Bitcoin will be there in 2020 you can be sure of it.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:51:14 AM

We believe in it because it's a great technology. It can be taken over by something better at some point but why would it be if it can be upgraded? Aeroplanes were never taken over by something better. They were continuously upgraded since the first prototype and I don't see them being taken over by a better technology in the next 50 years. Bitcoin will be there in 2020 you can be sure of it.

We may have different opinion on the above topic as posted. My one cent opinion Bitcoin able to survived the beating on the market, it remains the most trusted coin in the crypto market, consumers investors believes on the stability of Bitcoin, the support system on the market is high and gaining more investors everyday.
BuyBuyBitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 01:19:45 AM

So....

Altcoins = Drones
Bitcoin = Planes

Got it.

Will wait 80 years to buy an altcoin and value it.  Cheesy

meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:00:56 AM

People believe in Bitcoin because there is something in it that they saw and want to. For example, investors believe in Bitcoin and invest in it because they saw it's potential to grow in price while others who believe in its technology, invest in it to support it.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:16:17 AM

Bitcoin is a highly scalable currency. I believe that Bitcoin will be able to develop and replace fiat money.

Smart contract is not needed for the means of payment

Simply because smart contracts aren't necessarily made for payments in the first place. Cryptocurrencies that are for smart contracts are mostly for decentralized utilities. The debatable and arguable thing is if these so called "smart contracts" needs to necessarily be decentralized or not.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gudjhonson

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:17:53 AM

Actually, I was also surprised, there is actually something with bitcoin, so many people expect something interesting in bitcoin. But this is the reality, bitcoin is able to hypnotize many people with all its advantages, and is very profitable for those who are intelligent.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: