Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's just a game!  (Read 515 times)
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 07:40:14 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

The still-popular app game clash of clans cost you more than $12.000 if you choose to buy their in-game gems to build everything, I have seen a lot of people who have chosen to pay most upgrades with real money, instead of earning the upgrades in the games. Without gems, it will take 2-3 years to max everything out.
People who choose to pay for upgrades are the one who keeps the game going, without those paying costumers, the most game would close down, or stop eventing new things. Its only 1-3% of active players who choose to spend money on those so-called free games, but its thanks to those few people that game developers keep adding new things to their games.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 12:15:48 AM

Old video games were a lot better, when you purchased the game that was it. 

True, people could not buy their way in, but there were no updates or bug fixes.  Sad  Old fixed game cartridges come to mind.

Today, I buy games that auto update free for life.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 03:46:01 PM

And why is online games bad?
I won’t put a problem in this: if a person gets satisfaction from a game, everybody has to learn every game. If a person has extra money to spend in games, who can forbid him this.
P.S. from banning online games, Africa will not live better ... this is not a panacea!

Well, I think the point is, if people can spend their money better, the world would have been a better place. There's no one who forbids you to spend $4M on a game (or whatever it is), but when you have the options to use it to help others, is it wrong for people to questions your decisions?

no it's not, but  a lot of people will say, it's your money, you earned it (maybe ? ) so you have the right to do whatever you want with it....
but that's a stupid way to close the problem for me
I understand both sides but I also agree with Tramirostronix ,
Some of use spend it on some stupid stuff just to have fun and yeah I also spend some money on games .
And some times we are doing it to reward ourself for the work that we make to make ourself happy and relieve some stress from work.
But I also know that helping others who truly needs it,Giving out something even a little help and seeing their joyful smile even in just a small help that you give is priceless.
My point is we could do it both we could give some money to them as long as we could and buy the things that would make us happy and relieve some stress.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 01:16:55 PM

The still-popular app game clash of clans cost you more than $12.000 if you choose to buy their in-game gems to build everything, I have seen a lot of people who have chosen to pay most upgrades with real money, instead of earning the upgrades in the games. Without gems, it will take 2-3 years to max everything out.
People who choose to pay for upgrades are the one who keeps the game going, without those paying costumers, the most game would close down, or stop eventing new things. Its only 1-3% of active players who choose to spend money on those so-called free games, but its thanks to those few people that game developers keep adding new things to their games.

I had a moment in life when I was travelling a lot and played a spinoff called clash of kings, which gave me some insight.

The players could be divided into casuals and donators. I was a casual, playing for fun for maybe 2 hours a day. A hardcore donator would be online 18 hours a day. When he was at work he had the game emulated on a computer, while travelling he'd use his phone, at home he'd play on 2 or 3 accounts at once on his computer and his phone at the same time.

A casual usually didn't spend any money, but he would quickly find himself being a victim, a farm for a powerful donator. The game made you feel comfortable for a while by adding barriers, which made you untouchable to powerful people, but after a while those buffs would end and you had a choice.
Either you'd start donating and improve on your defences, or you'd be the victim. People who chose to donate fell into a spiral, where they had to go on to protect their investment. They did not want to fall victim to another donator, because they would make him even more powerful and almost impossible to defeat without spending a lot of money, so they kept buying powerups to keep up, and those were some serious money, because the game just kept going. It was made to go on and on. You had level 20, no problem, you still can go to 21. You have a mastery? No problem, next level is mega mastery and then ultra mastery, and then... we'll think of something.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 04:56:46 PM

there are no more free games if they look like that is because are full of advertising, however, the user to go ahead in the video game of the moment must still buy upgrades, skills that allow them to pass the level, marketing is thought to create to induce the player to spend, clash-of-clans? there are also the tricks/hacks...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: