Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:36:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TA Indicators and their combinations  (Read 211 times)
cempa9 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 07:13:24 AM

Trading is more about probability rather then certainty. As any trader would be well aware, not every indicator works for all the tokens/coins while trading and you have to have a combination of indicators to confirm the market moves. What indicators have helped you the most and at what time frames you mostly use them? If you have any particular strategy to trade any coin then please share.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 07:26:18 AM

As any trader would be well aware, not every indicator works for all the tokens/coins while trading and you have to have a combination of indicators to confirm the market moves.
Yes, I must agree that same level of technical analysis is not working for all the assets and in my observation also we need different technical analysis for different assets. This is not just true only regarding to cryptos as I am also have observed the same things with forex markets and commodity markets.

Combination of two or more technical analysis will bring more accurate predictions. There are two types of combining technical analysis ; one is overlapping many technical analysis into one chart and second one is going for same technical analysis but with the different time-frame and then looking for coinciding price levels. This had worked for me more powerfully.

What indicators have helped you the most and at what time frames you mostly use them? If you have any particular strategy to trade any coin then please share.
I have tried having multiple moving averages into one single chart, combining moving average with PSI, bolligar bands, zig zag lines. More importantly I am always comparing these result with my core technical analysis : pivot point analysis. The longer the timeframe we are taking we will get more accurate predictions. I recommend to go for 4hr or day charts/timeframe.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:00:25 AM
Merited by deandree (1)

Why you think that it will work at all? If market dont create money all you earn is someones loose. That means that you need to be better than others to earn yes? So if earning on market would be mechanical (3 indicators and i buy) than all bots will be running on those indicators and you, manual trader, wont be better than others because bots will be dozen times faster than you. Also TA needs high volume. If coin has 100 btc daily volume ( only 70 coins on binance has higher daily volume) than 1-5 btc is enough to destroy chart and create fake buy/sell signal. And 1-5 btc is not even a whale. Its kid who invested his pocket money in 2014.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4420866.msg39412664#msg39412664 - here i explained why TA should not work (at liest blind indicator combination). Especially in 2018.

I use TA on high volume coins, but i rather use it to spot w whale. To spot where sell signall created extra supply that didnt dumped price as it should (whale bought all supply), where none of TA lover would buy.

If you are using manually combination of indicators you are loosing with bots and whales.
deandree

Activity: 67
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:26:09 AM
Merited by Tytanowy Janusz (1)

Why you think that it will work at all? If market dont create money all you earn is someones loose. That means that you need to be better than others to earn yes? So if earning on market would be mechanical (3 indicators and i buy) than all bots will be running on those indicators and you, manual trader, wont be better than others because bots will be dozen times faster than you. Also TA needs high volume. If coin has 100 btc daily volume ( only 70 coins on binance has higher daily volume) than 1-5 btc is enough to destroy chart and create fake buy/sell signal. And 1-5 btc is not even a whale. Its kid who invested his pocket money in 2014.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4420866.msg39412664#msg39412664 - here i explained why TA should not work (at liest blind indicator combination). Especially in 2018.

I use TA on high volume coins, but i rather use it to spot w whale. To spot where sell signall created extra supply that didnt dumped price as it should (whale bought all supply), where none of TA lover would buy.

If you are using manually combination of indicators you are loosing with bots and whales.

Finally someone who understands how trading works. Great comment! Posts in this forum make it seem like you can pick some random indicator in single timeframe, use configuration that was discovered in 1970 and beat the market. Wake up people! There are huge trading companies with Neural Networks/Machine Learning tools that look at every possible timeframe and every possible indicator with every possible config. And they have the same analysis for fundamental data too. And they make decisions automatically in milliseconds.

Yet here you are, looking at your Bollinger Band 60 minute candles with 20 period and 1 std dev and thinking that the market still acts the same as it did in 1970. That you will somehow make the money with most basic indicator ever with the most standard configuration. Yeah right, sounds legit. Run some backtests and see how your strategy has worked in the past, might see a little surprise there.

And yeah, then there are whales. They don't care about your support lines, when it's time to sell, it's time to sell.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 04:47:51 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2018, 04:59:16 PM by Tytanowy Janusz

Finally someone who understands how trading works. Great comment! Posts in this forum make it seem like you can pick some random indicator in single timeframe, use configuration that was discovered in 1970 and beat the market. Wake up people! There are huge trading companies with Neural Networks/Machine Learning tools that look at every possible timeframe and every possible indicator with every possible config. And they have the same analysis for fundamental data too. And they make decisions automatically in milliseconds.

Yet here you are, looking at your Bollinger Band 60 minute candles with 20 period and 1 std dev and thinking that the market still acts the same as it did in 1970. That you will somehow make the money with most basic indicator ever with the most standard configuration. Yeah right, sounds legit. Run some backtests and see how your strategy has worked in the past, might see a little surprise there.

And yeah, then there are whales. They don't care about your support lines, when it's time to sell, it's time to sell.

Nice to see that there is at liest 1 person thinking same thing about TA as I do. Most often when i share my thoughts about TA i get response that xxx indicator SOMETIMES work for someone. Yea. Coin toss sometimes works too Smiley

Neural Networks/Machine Learning
...Yep ... This is scary. Machines are learning how we trade all the time. How they deal with newses is interesting. Once i was on the presentation where guy said that his bot can read up to 500 articles in 10 diffrent languages in 1 day and is able to do(among others):

1- chose the most important sentance of article
2- to summarize in few sentance
3- spot if they are positive or negative against asset and make buy/sell order based on this (in just few second after news appear in country where it appeared). Thats huge advantage. Imagine that in japanese important article about oil was written in their news website. It will appear in english after few hours. Beafore manual trader will spot it, read and trade based on it next few hours will pass.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 05:33:56 PM

What indicators have helped you the most and at what time frames you mostly use them? If you have any particular strategy to trade any coin then please share.
Candlestick pattern recognition had helped me a lot. Learning candlestick patterns is also a much easier one compared to any other trading strategies and application of it in real trading is marvelous. You can easily identify the reversal of market using candlestick patterns. But, always relying on only one way of technical analysis is not good. Combining multiple moving averages cross over along with candlesticks help you better.

I recommend to go for 4hr or day charts/timeframe.
Timeframe consideration must be dependent on the way of your trading. If you are into scalping or day-trading then you can go for 30 min or 1 hr charts. But, I am also preferring to use 4hr candlestick patterns as they are filtering out the in-between noise and showing only major trend reversal points.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 05:43:59 PM

Timeframe consideration must be dependent on the way of your trading. If you are into scalping or day-trading then you can go for 30 min or 1 hr charts. But, I am also preferring to use 4hr candlestick patterns as they are filtering out the in-between noise and showing only major trend reversal points.

Timeframe should be set to current market situation and risk we are willing to take. On 4h candles closes support/sell signal will be much lower (~5-20%) rather tan on 5 min candles (~0.5-2%). Thats why when you are wrong you will loose much less on shorter timeframe. Its easier and safer to learn trading on shorter timeframes.
Yeahpro

Activity: 72
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 07:44:02 PM

I've met people who believe that trading is based in luck and that there is no way to accurately predict the direction thank market would take.
I've also known people who claim to profit using charts and other technical analysis tools.

I am not active active trader and as such can not give an opinion on the subject. But I believe there is a process by which the market can be replicated if it follows a particular trend. And a prediction can be made.
harleymasters

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:31:56 PM

I agree with your opinion, all indicator specifications are relative. I follow up on tradingview and realize that each trader uses a few basic lines and evaluates his own personal opinion. They almost create their own way of trading and are not exactly the same as others. For me use 3 lines, bolinger, rsi and MA100 MA50. 30 minute candles
atoshi

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:41:21 AM

Candlestick pattern recognition had helped me a lot.

This site might help you too on detecting candlestick patterns https://coinalyze.net/candlestick-patterns/
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:24:35 PM

Trading is more about probability rather then certainty. As any trader would be well aware, not every indicator works for all the tokens/coins while trading and you have to have a combination of indicators to confirm the market moves. What indicators have helped you the most and at what time frames you mostly use them? If you have any particular strategy to trade any coin then please share.
If everything had been certain, everyone would come to trading. So it is just a possibility and the more you know, the more accurate the price.
It would be more useful to use short time frames for the present. Because long time frames are useless for the moment.
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:57:39 PM

There are a lot of fundamental changes this year, which makes TA trading doesn't really work as I thought. On top of that, I also saw a lot of people are making crazy predictions such as Bitcoin could to to $1000 and so on. Of course it is possible to happen but the way they use TA is funny, drawing lines here and there without any basis. Short-term trading might work but you have to be really fast. In the end, it's difficult if you don't understand the fundamentals too.

I do agree that big players must be more advanced in their trading strategy & tools, they can enter and quit at the right time, even in short time frame.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 01:41:35 AM

According to my technical analysis, with different timeframe my indicators are pretty good and work sometimes. But I also noticed that using many indicators, it  may conflict my TA and doesn't really work usually. I've been confused with bollinger bands combined with rsi and macd. I noticed , the more I used different kind of indicators, my trading aren't that profitable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: