Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEAM Mining - New Equihash 150/5 Algorithm  (Read 339 times)
Ambros (OP)

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:33:15 PM

BEAM is one of the two main projects (along with GRIN) that are implementing MimbleWimble to obtain a privacy focus scalable blockchain.
IMHO both of them are very interesting, even though I personally prefer GRIN, and they are waking up old good miners.

I have been able to retrieve some information on the official GitHub page here: https://github.com/BeamMW/beam/wiki/BEAM-Mining
The windows miner which is supposed to do GPU mining seems not to have the GPU mining option. (I didn't spend much time trying)

The main net should start in days, so it's time to warm up our mining rigs.
What are the mining pools available? Which is the best NVidia miner available to the public?

I would like to use this thread to share information related to BEAM mining.
Share your thoughts and experience

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kronny

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:58:20 PM

you tried beamminer or just their wallet?

I buy private Nvidia miners.  PM me.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4904

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:49:47 AM

BEAM is one of the two main projects (along with GRIN) that are implementing MimbleWimble to obtain a privacy focus scalable blockchain.
IMHO both of them are very interesting, even though I personally prefer GRIN, and they are waking up old good miners.

I have been able to retrieve some information on the official GitHub page here: https://github.com/BeamMW/beam/wiki/BEAM-Mining
The windows miner which is supposed to do GPU mining seems not to have the GPU mining option. (I didn't spend much time trying)

The main net should start in days, so it's time to warm up our mining rigs.
What are the mining pools available? Which is the best NVidia miner available to the public?

I would like to use this thread to share information related to BEAM mining.

Share your thoughts and experience

OK, Going to be gone for a week, how do I setup to have miner join a pool on launch?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Ambros (OP)

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:56:20 AM

you tried beamminer or just their wallet?

Actually, I have tried to mine with the CPU wallets, which seems to start mining on the testnet.
Anyway, since that I suppose that Equihash with this params is very likely to be waaay faster on GPUs it will pretty useless to do so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: