Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best MN setup for a local device? [QUESTION] [MASTERNODE]  (Read 127 times)
bob43262 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:40:03 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2018, 05:11:18 AM by bob43262

what is the best MasterNode setup? i am wanting something for a local device, not a VPS. i am looking for something that can hold a good amount of MN at the same time (as many as i can fit in there). i want the power to be efficient, meaning that i dont want to waste power with something that i dont need. and i want something that will last me for more then 4 years, ether it has warranties or something. the device will be running 24/7 because it is hosting MNs. i also dont want to waste money on things i dont need. i wont be mining with this device so i dont have a need for a high end GPU, and for storage i think i would only need max 500 GB SSD... i want extra storage room... that is why i say 500 GB

Example: what CPU would be the best, what type of ram, ect

P.S. i already know about the static ip thing and ip being leaked, i have my work around for that, i just want to know best set up.

P.P.S. i did not know where to put this question so i just posted it here
hammuh

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:15:34 AM

Maybe Intel Xeon D servers. Something like the barebones Supermicro SYS-E300-8D. More expensive ones are SYS-E200-8D and 5028D-TN4T. These servers are compact, low power, not too loud, with lots of ethernet ports.

Lots of ethernet ports so you can put the masternodes in an isolated or DMZ network separate from management and other VMs for security purposes. Use a hypervisor like VMWare or Hyper V. Can run many masternodes in VMs because those servers can take 128 GB ECC RDIMM.

Entry-level Dell PowerEdge is probably fine if you wanna go cheaper.
evakka

Activity: 700
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:46:24 PM

It also depends on what nodes will this system host.
For example, ZEN has two kind of nodes, secure and super. The first one requires less system power than the second one.

So you will have to search on which nodes you will host and then analyze the power of the server or pc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: