Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a hard fork good or bad?  (Read 18544 times)
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:55:48 PM

There is no doubt that any hard fork is actually useless, they will have a negative impact on the rubber of the hard fork (may be a positive impact at the beginning), in the long run, the hard fork will divert the original Supporters of the crypto community and led to further price declines. For the entire community, I believe that most people are against.

Actually I definitely agree with you. Almost all hard fork is useless (I mean only splitting for new coin/token). I think someone want make a money when they are planning this forks. For example Bitcoin Cash. Bitcoin Cash is one of the needless coins which born from Bitcoin
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TusharMali99

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:56:13 PM

A hard fork can be implemented to correct important security risks found in older versions of the software, to add new functionality. BCH is a BTC hard fork that is meant to create two different assets with value. After the fork occurred, BCH and BTC became two totally different cryptocurrencies.

At the time of hardfork we can see hugh pump in the original coin. After the hard fork, one of the following situations may occur
1. One blockchain becomes dominant
2. Both blockchains are adopted
3. Both blockchains are adopted, but one is favored.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:08:52 PM

When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?

My compliment about hard fork is cool. Because after hard fork coin price goes to high and altcoin also increase. We should take a look an altcoin which can be fork. If we get the news about fork, we can buy that coin and we will get extra money after fork done.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
accounting 181293

Activity: 662
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:13:41 PM

in my experience, hard fork is a good thing. with hardfork can make prices rise. I had a good experience when I joined the HF bitcoin last year. my profit is quite large because buying at a low price and when approaching the HF the price rises 100%
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:43:00 PM

When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?

I remember for some time when there was a hard fork on Bitcoin and it pumps so high that it got to the peak, but I guess it won't work like that right now.

Yes last time the hard fork on BTC was over the moon and this time it is happening again is at least there will be a satisfied value from now it is being, a change is desperately needed as this is what everyone expects.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:50:43 PM

When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad?
Honestly, when a coin forks today it is usually bad. It is just cutting the supporters of that certain coin that they forked.

do you think that its price will rise or fall ?
Both.

would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork?
I won't.

and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?
Free money, sell it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Wong Kalong

Activity: 377
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:52:17 PM

I remember for some time when there was a hard fork on Bitcoin and it pumps so high that it got to the peak, but I guess it won't work like that right now.

Yes last time the hard fork on BTC was over the moon and this time it is happening again is at least there will be a satisfied value from now it is being, a change is desperately needed as this is what everyone expects.

When the hard fork BTC was very interesting, it made the bitcoin holders more attractive, but after the hard fork BCH there was a split and the market was very alarming. It's actually a pomegranate if this happens again, but for ETH, it hopes to give positive things to the market and crypto.
ynclksnr321

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:54:03 PM

In my opinion, it's not a very good thing. As a result, mining power is reduced. Of course, on a side of the rotten apples can be evaluated as a good screening.
Driggers95

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:56:22 PM

Usually, it is good. But it would be bad if the scammer wanted to take advantage of the hard fork to scam, the Hard fork would make the new cryptocurrency work better than the old cryptocurrency if developed properly.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
bandaro

Activity: 513
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:07:55 PM

if you look at it from hardfork experience especially, forks are very good for price developments. every hardfork price will definitely increase. but not all hardfork ended well, like yesterday's hardfork bitcoincash which made the market worse. because of the selfishness of one or two people.
karman383

Activity: 384

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:12:28 PM

Maybe hardfork is more on something good and fixing it. If we talk about Hardfork ethereum, which according to the news will occur in the middle of this month, I think this time will bring quite good news. We can see the ethereum condition for a few days. But you can and may also assume another.
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:16:08 PM

When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?

in my opinion, there are some hardforks that have successfully raised prices. but there are some hardforks that seem less successful. we can see NEX-ignis, btc-bitcoin diamond, or even bitcoin cash - bitcoin SV.  in my opinion, some hardforks are less successful, and can't increase prices.
qualitywork

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:18:22 PM

if you look at it from hardfork experience especially, forks are very good for price developments. every hardfork price will definitely increase. but not all hardfork ended well, like yesterday's hardfork bitcoincash which made the market worse. because of the selfishness of one or two people.

Normally hard fork happens only to see a price change and this time I think the result will be positive when compared to the current market position as day by the ETH value is increasing is a good sign and hopefully this will end with a positive sign.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:27:42 PM

It will depend on what the conclusion will be.
There are instances that after a hard fork a bug comes out and it scares the hell out of new investors causing a slight panic.

But it can also be a good thing since everyone will try to add more of the coin that will be forked coz they want to receive a higher number of the new coin that will be released. One example is BCH.
takngantuk

Activity: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 04:51:37 PM

at this time I was less interested in Hardfork. what's more, this time Harfork ethereum seems to be forced. imagine there are 3 hardforks that will happen this month, isn't that very absurd. even though the 2 hardforks are not official, but still it is very strange.
Aleksei Hurskiy

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:33:28 PM

I think that is very good for the coin. After all, it is done to improve the network, not to worsen. Therefore, the price of a coin is growing at a good pace.
Life_time_student

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:34:04 PM

The crypto space is awaited for one of the biggest and first forks of 2019. It would definitely have a huge impact on the ETH price, as it is happening to transform ETH into an updated version, which helps it to grow. We may expect that Ethereum price going high and the other cryptocurrencies might suffer a downfall for a short period of time during hard forks. Ethereum rose by around 85% over three weeks time.

We have seen similar happenings during or before Bitcoin Cash hard fork, wherein the other cryptocurrencies suffered for quite a bit of time. It is hard to predict the long-term impact of a hard fork and its evident that ETH is in a very critical phase now, as its going through a significant transition phase.

Read more about Hard Fork:
https://coinswitch.co/news/ethereum-hard-fork-jan-19-know-everything-about-3-upcoming-eth-hard-forks
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:44:09 PM

There are 2 types of hardfork a project may undergo. First one is, implementing a new feature which is really a head ache because we are going to use the same environment hence sometime backward compatible will be missed out. In that case, people need to swicth over to new version compulsorily. Otherwise we will have 2 coins with same features.

Another type of hardfork is just imitating a existing system and re-creating based on the balances and features. BCH is a good example here. I guess there will be no big head ache of this type of hard fork as it is switching over to a new system hence no worry on backward  compatible or anything similar to that.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:45:45 PM

A Hard Fork is an action done by a coin's team to change or to create an enhanced chain of its own blockchain.. i thi k its mainly used to help raise the network scaleability to maintain a safer blockchain and a faster transactions emission. The forks then are providing a good enhancements into the main projects so i can say that they will have an effect of the project so it can drive a pump or a dump.. who knows?
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:16:48 PM

There is always a reason for every fork that is done. So it is to have a better result, which means you should get better reward.
Even if the price dumps, in the long run, it will still rise, because the upgrade will pave way for mass adoption.
You just need to ensure that you get a good coin, whose fork is intended.
You should also be the one to decide whether to sell or not.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: