Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:55:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a hard fork good or bad?  (Read 18544 times)
chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:02:35 PM

It depends on a variety of different factors. First of all, hardfork split the coin community and it is a bad sign for every crypto currency. But an upcoming hardfork pushes the coin price and helps to make great profit.
BCTS

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:13:15 PM

I do not know, but I want to get this coin and therefore transfer to my wallet those Ethereum coins that I have. I think that the price is likely to rise only to $ 180, and then will fall to $ 140.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:14:09 PM

It depends on a variety of different factors. First of all, hardfork split the coin community and it is a bad sign for every crypto currency. But an upcoming hardfork pushes the coin price and helps to make great profit.
As far as I understand, we expect 2 hardfork etherium. First of all we are talking about ethereum Classic Vision, which is not official. This is most likely a split from the official team. And now we have to judge for ourselves the prospects of one and the other coins.
Belianez

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:14:20 PM

I think the fork need to say when will come the coins and get to know the team and what they going to do with it , just had a lot of forks and they all ended not successfully!

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:15:29 PM

When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?

Usually it rises , because if you buy / mine and hold tokens/coins before hardfork then you will get new coins on new blockchain compared of how many you was holding before hardfork . I don't see forks to be sucesfull , and see no point of doing them . Only when there is major breach in code
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 09:31:17 PM

When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?
Investing in a hardforked coin will depend on the stability of the original coin before the splitting. It can sometimes bring in good profit when the new coin starts to grow.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:04:16 PM

Either a hardfork is good or not actually depends on the token
For the coming etherum hard fork, it is an agreeable communal upgrade in other to improve the etherum Blockchain
Reduction in charges or fees too and other upgrades
sexylady13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:21:10 PM

Maybe hardfork is more on something good and fixing it. If we talk about Hardfork ethereum, which according to the news will occur in the middle of this month, I think this time will bring quite good news. We can see the ethereum condition for a few days. But you can and may also assume another.

I agree with you. Forks are a positive thing.  Let's remember forks and the interest they have  generated. All people love free coins and are engaged in trading of those coins reinforcing the market

Aniwura

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:43:09 PM

If anyone will be participating in any hard fork, it will be good for the person to do adequate research, but some scammers use the opportunity to get some people phished. With time, we will get to know more.
sudeshkumar

Activity: 126

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 12:20:50 AM

Hard Fork  is  good because the problems being faced by the coin should be redressed at all costs so that it can  become compatible and compete with other coins flawlessly .

━    ━   ●    Introducing     ►    Bluenote.world    ●   ━    ━
━    ● ▌   The Leading Blockchain Solution to a Zero Emission World   ▐ ●   
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 02:42:58 AM

for the sake of improvement of networks becoming increasingly good then hardfork is required and will give a nice impact. But if for money then this will depend on how to utilize the right time to get in and get results. hardfork typically provide increased and it is often utilized to get results fast.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:22:43 AM

Well there are always 2 sides in this type of event, the pros and cons. Literally the pros of this is that a coin would eventually gather enough foundation to pull its rates up, however, the con is that it is not clear whether the fork will clearly be success or not. Though, Hard fork would definitely brings good news (I hope), not unless these forks news became a FUD which contributes to downfall of the other.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:50:31 AM

I'm sure that most of the hard fork is good for project to fix important security risks found in older versions and add new functionality, it's hard to said that price will up or down after hard fork happen, I won't sell it if project announcement their hard fork plan, Why? Because I'm lazy doing the trading action  Roll Eyes
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:03:34 AM

I think a hardfork is not really good. It's like diluting a stock by issuing more shares. Normally a fork, brings down the value of both coins.
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:03:48 AM

As far as i know,hard fork is meant for upgrade or to improve on the network, base on that I guess is suppose to be a good one but at times things might not go as planned, if things ho as expected then it is a good one but we have to wait and see what will become the outcome of this much waited ethereum hard fork,I hope it will be a good one.
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:08:11 AM

for me hard fork is good idea for me because it is the upgrade of the coin or innovation again there are lot of chances that some coin will accelerate more.

like bitcoin when bitcoin cash launch the price of bitcoin rapidly increase.
gudjhonson

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:16:00 AM

There is a hardfork that reveals this has a positive impact but this requires a process to be able to have a positive impact on the coin, not to happen like the hard disk BCH. Hardfork BTC gives a tremendous impact on all coins and this is very much missed by all crypto lovers.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:17:26 AM

Last year many altcoin is launch for hardfork bitcoin or altcoin, almost of altcoin have starting from hardfork have higher and value, but when starting with nxt or ignis altcoin could make many investor have lost much money because their hardfork altcoin do not have higher value, today we will faced with ethereum hardfrok, could be etcv have higher price or just become lower altcoin and never have higher value.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:19:42 AM

The reason for upgrade of a coin is to improve on it and growth and development must be a going concern. Now, as it relate to market reaction of coin upgrade, it depend on the narration and market perspective of such upgrade.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:21:48 AM

for me hard fork is good idea for me because it is the upgrade of the coin or innovation again there are lot of chances that some coin will accelerate more.

like bitcoin when bitcoin cash launch the price of bitcoin rapidly increase.

Forking for upgrades are always are always good and indicates an increase in price. But a fork that can split the team or community because of differences doesn't guarantee an increase of prices. But many people goes excited since there will be free coins if they buy the coin to be forked. But long term there is no guarantee. Look at BCH now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: