Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:47:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a hard fork good or bad?  (Read 18544 times)
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:46:09 PM

My opinion is, hard fork helps to grow or move forward. Like after Ethereum hard fork, I think ETH price will increase and hard fork coin will do better too. So, I take this hard fork positive for the Ethereum.  Constantinople is not a typical fork, there will be no new coin as I know, this hard fork will upgrade the Ethereum Network!
It can be considered as hardfork, hardfork is not about the update which always generate new coin from the separate blockchain. I guess you should understand deeply about that. Hardfork is the way to update the live protocol in the blockchain system.
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:12:26 PM

I think that a lot depends on the situation. Sometimes there is a need for hard forks and it can improve the performance of the network. But most often it is done to create a new coin and this is bad.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:14:49 PM

Harfork is always an opportunity for those who know and understand ut to make some money, because the coin that is itself forked, will rise for some time, before falling again.
For every hardfork, there should also be a usecase. So that is another area it can be of benefit.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:32:59 PM

hard fork is usually made to improve software so it's a good sign that project continues to develop and grow.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
kolitski

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:54:54 PM

For me the hard fork which is good for me because i can buy a lot of coins with a low of prices and have a possibility that after the hard fork it will make a huge of prices in the market.

efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:40:41 AM

When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?

For coin holder, i think hard fork is good because they get a free coin. Some coin after hard fork, the price increasing but like what happen on BTCH, the price drop. I think its depend on market sentiment

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: