Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:08:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed my small family farm, sold out rigs, and buy in!  (Read 19208 times)
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 03:45:47 PM

You are wise to get out of mining, especially if you were doing any of the major coins.
At this point, the only 2 options you have is to join one of the huge mining pools that monopolize everything and compete for hash power.
Or move to the middle of nowhere on earth where utilities will be dirt cheap.
Neither are attractive options.

Now that the market is low, it is best to take all that money and buy up btc.
I know you asked for an alt, but in times like these, your best bet is btc.
You could split it up and go for one of the smart contract projects (like neo, ada, etc.), but I think you will find that btc will give the most consistent gains.
And it's dirt cheap right now too.

elcoblast

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:50:06 PM

It should be the major crypto and why? that gives you the more guarantee on the development progress and anything that related to the adoption, cooperation and partnership. Medium and small tier coin could be another choice but that will be involving the more risk.
yes, bought altcoin for now it's great for holding in long time, but don't fast for take action to buy altcoin because market condition for now is not stable, another bearish maybe are coming nearly

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:56:31 PM

It's not cost effective to mine these days

Can't get cheap electric so I decided to close my small farm.

I have sold 5 6*cards rigs and got some money back!

It's time to buy in...

any suggestions on  which alt coins to buy  ?

It's good that you sold the cords as mining is not profitable these days and its better to Invest in crypto currency to see some changes in the value to get some profit. I suggest you to go with the Top 10 coins in the CMC once after Investing kindly wait patiently for few more months to see a change in Market don't be in a hurry.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:59:14 PM

Why altcoin? Go bitcoin.

It's cheap for now but there is a higher chance that it will go upward.
But if you are really decided to choose an altcoin then I would go Ethereum. Somehow I think it already reached its bottom so it is obvious into where it will go next.
Of course it wont go zero. There is still a lot of users that transacts with it.
Joyawan13

Activity: 910

elysian.finance

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:01:37 PM

Crypto mining is no longer profitable. Selling a mining machine may be a good choice, but if you want to invest, I think it might wait for a while.
Analyzing the trend and knowing which coins can be a good one to divert your money, as mining is no longer profitable from what the market conditions right now, but before you jumped in make sure that you study the whole industry, avoid losing your money by picking the wrong project.
yes, with electricity and other costs, mining is indeed very unable to benefit, because the current market price, selling machines to switch to buying several altcoins for us to make a long-term investment, is an alternative to be able to generate profits in the future, but indeed we must really be able to choose and if we think that the altcoin can grow rapidly in the future, and indeed we should not be wrong to choose.

trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:36:21 PM

I saw that a lot of people start to switch off or sold their mining rig because of current market situation their mining profit can't paid the electric costs, however at least you got some money back, try to research top 100 altcoins, most of them have potential to gain big profit in next market pump.
Yes, I understand what you are talking about, because I also stopped doing it, although it used to bring profit, now many projects are switching to other systems such as POS and basically there will be such systems. What can be said about this? I think that our time is passing.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 02:19:04 PM

It's time to buy in...

I cannot blame you I think you made the right decision only big companies with mining in cheap electricity can do mining even cheap electricity cannot even guaranty profit now, it's better to buy some good coins and just hold for future profit, we are on a dip and soon bull run will come.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:18:46 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2019, 03:37:54 PM by qwizzie

Maybe you should check which altcoins the Palm Beach Group recommend and also check the progress these altcoins made in 2018 and going to make in 2019.
Which means you will have to put some work into it / do some research, so you dont end up blindly investing in something.

Keywords to focus on :

roadmap
use cases
vision
progress
financial sustainability (can its dev team survice and operate in strong bear markets?)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882
Merit: 11

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 03:29:54 PM

It's time to buy in...

there are lots of good coins on the market today. one of them is ethereum, soon ethereum will start hardfork. it would be very profitable to buy now.

or you can buy new listings in the market, if you have a lot of money there's no harm in gambling with new coins.

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
tamango

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:44:07 PM

I think that major crypto like BITCOIN, Ethereum and Ripple are the best choice for long-term investments..they have good liqudity, big community and strong teams and probably that they will fail in next year is smaller than other "smaller" coins.
Galantin

Merit: 2

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:48:51 PM

It's time to buy in...

Hit this season with ETH and Waves. What do you like better choose yourself. ETh after the update will grow. The waves have already grown from $ 1 - to $ 3

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
magnat7691

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:53:03 PM

Many miners sell their farms. It is strange that they generally worked for so long without visible profit.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:13:55 PM

Dude, you should stick to it. Anyone is eager to get rich overnight, but how many people can succeed? In my opinion, if you can't overcome the current suffering, then you will not succeed in doing other things in the future. Everyone here is almost a loser in 2018, so you are not the only one.
It is very risky to invest what you have in real life that could give you sure profit on crypto. You do not have to expect that much that you could get rich instant because you do not know what will happen in the market and if you cannot handle it properly you can end up with nothing but loses.

trash321

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:11:52 PM

I think that major crypto like BITCOIN, Ethereum and Ripple are the best choice for long-term investments..they have good liqudity, big community and strong teams and probably that they will fail in next year is smaller than other "smaller" coins.
It is difficult to argue with such doppings. Of course, now the best investments will be top projects, I am sure that many will agree with me here. Today, these projects are probably one of the most remarkable opportunities for the implementation of new financial improvements.
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:40:20 PM

if you want to buy, then try going to several big markets and see some of the coins that are included in the top 10 list because they have potential when bought and traded after we buy.
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 01:09:58 PM

You have a point,  it's not cost effective to mine for some, not generally. Individual miners feel this heat the most. Since you sold your rigs, and want to get some alts on your portfolio, I think you should go for the good projects at top charts on coinmarketcap if you are going long term. Ethereum won't be bad to hold some, but I'm not a financial advisor, please do proper research before keying in.
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:10:46 PM

I have a proposition for you. Why are you still thinking about it? Urgently need to buy ETH. At the moment, this is the most promising currency. You can also Deposit a small amount of money into XRT.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 06:39:31 PM

My first choice will be Bitcoin, the price is relatively low now. For altcoin, ETH, XMR and Neo are worth investing, the prices have dipped much in this bear market.
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:34:25 PM

It's time to buy in...

You have to be really careful now. Investing in altcoins is not something you just dive into or seek opinions on this forum. You will get several answers and suggestions, be wise not to make the wrong choices.
Correlll

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:46:15 PM

It was a great decision, because mining is pretty unprofitable at the moment. I wish you the best of luck with altcoins! Be advised and invest only in certain projects that are actively working on their product development.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: