Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:57:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Flippening  (Read 21508 times)
consigliere

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 10:38:45 AM

You're weeks late dude. ETH just recently regained the #2 spot. Probably check Coinmarketcap before posting. Tongue

src: coinmarketcap.com

Anyway, while XRP overtaking bitcoin is technically possible(non-zero possibility), I really don't see it happening. In the first place, I don't even know what XRP is being used for right now. If that happened though? Yikes. That's probably when I lose hope in the people in the cryptocurrency space.
It is very nice to see that Ethereum has returned to its worthy second place. Ripple is a very overrated coin and I believe that it has no place in the top 10

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:33:41 PM

I don't see a flippening in the near future, simply because in terms of pure value proposition only Bitcoin Cash deserves to be priced this high IF (and that's a big IF) they overtake BTC in terms of merchant adoption and use.
I don't see this happening any time soon.
Option #2 is a huge bear market where everything drops to 5% of where it is today, and a flippening becomes too cheap for some whale. Also highly unlikely

Bitcoin Cash may experience huge mainstream adoption from businesses worldwide, due to its low fees and quick transaction confirmations. This is because, BCH has upgraded to a massive block size of 32MB which allows it to process more TPS than BTC itself. However, Bitcoin will also scale with its Lightning Network, which will make instant and cheap transactions a reality. This will also allow BTC to experience mainstream adoption from businesses worldwide.

In terms of flippening Bitcoin, it's nearly impossible unless another cryptocurrency becomes so successful and largely used by people around the world. Such cryptocurrency would need to address many of the issues inherent within the BTC blockchain (such as scalability, and fungibility) to have a chance of overcoming Bitcoin in the future. Other than that, Bitcoin will still be the winner while other altcoins stay behind in terms of market cap.

In the future, if BCH grows in popularity and adoption, it may very well become the second or third largest cryptocurrency by market cap. It'll become a fierce rival against Bitcoin in many ways, as it'll provide high transaction throughput and low fees in a different way than BTC.

Nonetheless, I believe that both Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash have a better chance of flippening Bitcoin in the future than any other cryptocurrency known to date. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 09:46:03 AM

Oh please!!!! XRP's market cap isn't even a quarter of Bitcoin's market cap and you are thinking of a possibility that it will overtake Bitcoin as the market leader.

There are some that still believe Bcash or Bsv might be able to do it, dreaming and wishing is free after all.

As for the flippening, do you guys remember this?

Can't quote it so I'll add the image

I am not saying that XRP can dethrone King of Cryptocurrency BTC but XRP have good volumes on exchanges as compare to shit & dead coins like marinecoin & solarcoin. The thinking of bitcoin flippening is waste of time Bitcoin will always be number on in the market.

CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 10:56:15 AM

It is possible for bitcoin to be replaced by any altcoins if their blockchain will be infected by some sort of malware that will control the entire system. We always think that it is impossible for bitcoin to be replaced but that also what we think before with ETH vs XRP right? Everythin is possible so if bitcoin will be removed as number 1, the altcoin that replaced bitcoin will surely boost its price and a massive buy request is possible.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:11:11 PM

It is possible for bitcoin to be replaced by any altcoins if their blockchain will be infected by some sort of malware that will control the entire system. We always think that it is impossible for bitcoin to be replaced but that also what we think before with ETH vs XRP right? Everythin is possible so if bitcoin will be removed as number 1, the altcoin that replaced bitcoin will surely boost its price and a massive buy request is possible.

Even if that happens (which is very unlikely), Bitcoin will quickly recover due to the huge support it has from people in the mainstream world. No other cryptocurrency has the level of support, development, and innovation Bitcoin has today. That's why, Bitcoin is still the leader and trusted among many people worldwide. Some altcoins may have better technologies and features than Bitcoin itself, but they're still missing something that BTC still has ever since it was created. That is first mover advantage, and originality, since if it wasn't for Bitcoin, Blockchain wouldn't had existed today.

For a flippening to happen, there needs to be a new cryptocurrency with a completely revolutionary technology that would render Blockchain obsolete. Also, that new cryptocurrency would need to gather many users, to overcome Bitcoin in the future. Other than that, Bitcoin may still be the "King of Crypto" for a long time. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 06:17:12 PM

Even if that happens (which is very unlikely), Bitcoin will quickly recover due to the huge support it has from people in the mainstream world. No other cryptocurrency has the level of support, development, and innovation Bitcoin has today. That's why, Bitcoin is still the leader and trusted among many people worldwide. Some altcoins may have better technologies and features than Bitcoin itself, but they're still missing something that BTC still has ever since it was created. That is first mover advantage, and originality, since if it wasn't for Bitcoin, Blockchain wouldn't had existed today.

For a flippening to happen, there needs to be a new cryptocurrency with a completely revolutionary technology that would render Blockchain obsolete. Also, that new cryptocurrency would need to gather many users, to overcome Bitcoin in the future. Other than that, Bitcoin may still be the "King of Crypto" for a long time. Just my thoughts Grin

There are several of these tokens with superior technology but its just BTC that is more popular that these altcoins loses just because of it. BTC is also improving every time. EVen if its going to be replaced, it wil only be just for a moment and will soon back up to reclaim its place.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Krabat

Activity: 546
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:09:32 PM

I don’t think that that this year Bitcoin will give up its positions, the fact that Ripple temporarily took second place - as we all see now - it was a short-term phenomenon that has already changed, ethereum has returned to its second place and it seems that ETH are not going to give up this position in the coming months.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:53:09 PM

There are several of these tokens with superior technology but its just BTC that is more popular that these altcoins loses just because of it. BTC is also improving every time. EVen if its going to be replaced, it wil only be just for a moment and will soon back up to reclaim its place.

Yes. I'm afraid that no other cryptocurrency could beat Bitcoin in terms of market cap, because of obvious reasons. Being a first mover in blockchain technology, has kept it as the number one cryptocurrency of the world. With several hundreds of altcoins that are much more scalable and private than Bitcoin, there's a choice for anyone nowadays. Bitcoin can remain as the reserve cryptocurrency for the whole crypto market, while altcoins will be used as digital cash for daily purposes.

If we were to determine an altcoin that has a chance of flippening Bitcoin, then that would be Ethereum. No other altcoin has the level of development, and community support that Ethereum has. In many ways, Ethereum has been compared closely to Bitcoin (although ETH has superior features). Considering that ETH is usually the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap (sometimes XRP takes the lead), it has all the possibility of flippenning (if it ever happens) Bitcoin in the future. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 09:55:40 AM

^  Just curious...  Are you invested in both ETH and XRP?  Grin  Cos I'm gonna shill me coin here too, ok...? 

I think I'm just gonna leave this right here and let his pic do the talking.  Cheesy

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████