Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Blockchain beat VISA someday?  (Read 1071 times)
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:23:41 PM

If we are talking about some day, it may be, but not clear when will happen.
But if we are talking about some recent years, I think that it may e difficult to beat the utility of the VISA and replaced by the Blockchain. Now, there are still some companies that can accept the block-chain technology. It may need more trusts again.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:33:47 PM

Given how difficult it has been for Blockchain technology to scale since Bitcoin's inception back in 2009, it makes me wonder whenever Blockchain could beat VISA someday?

The potential is there for Blockchain to scale to many users. However, some crypto projects have sacrificed decentralization in exchange for high transaction throughput and low fees. Which is why, it cannot be possible to achieve decentralization while obtaining high scalability.

Nonetheless, do you think that it's possible for Blockchain tech to surpass traditional payment processors like VISA? Smiley

If the blockchain proves its viability and can provide great benefits, then I have no doubt that VISA will be able to develop its blockchain and continue working. Why should blockchain kill this system? This is just technology and it will be used if needed.
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 03:21:44 PM

I guess right, it not enough with the lighting bitcoin it’s so far and difficult to achieved in comparison with a VISA. Possible successor to next among the combinations of blockchain and high-scalability on TPS, currently any some developer but isn’t yet incomplete except RIPPLE as centralization.

I hope, great ideas VISA become more suitable the adoption with blockchain than of transactions

DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:46:36 PM

Given how difficult it has been for Blockchain technology to scale since Bitcoin's inception back in 2009, it makes me wonder whenever Blockchain could beat VISA someday?

The potential is there for Blockchain to scale to many users. However, some crypto projects have sacrificed decentralization in exchange for high transaction throughput and low fees. Which is why, it cannot be possible to achieve decentralization while obtaining high scalability.

Nonetheless, do you think that it's possible for Blockchain tech to surpass traditional payment processors like VISA? Smiley

If the blockchain proves its viability and can provide great benefits, then I have no doubt that VISA will be able to develop its blockchain and continue working. Why should blockchain kill this system? This is just technology and it will be used if needed.

Lol you have been giving a vague statement regarding the possibility for visa to create its own blockchain. It's easy for them to pay a lot of blockchain experts to create a new one for them all. Remember when you are seeing the fact that visa has been thinking to create its own one after seeing a lot of companies have tried that before
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:57:31 PM

I think this will happen in the nearest two years. And maybe VISA will make this happen, by the way. If it will invest in this technology and integrate it in its transactions system.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
ynclksnr321

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:01:45 PM

As a company with many users on the world, VISA is a great competitor for Bitcoin. But it's always better to come out. I think that Bitcoin can do this in the future.
inooll00

Activity: 165
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:31:19 PM

what makes you think that? even VISA will adopt blockchain technology and build its own exchange site. Even the unimaginable thing is their exchange supports every fiat currency in the world.
No Pain No blood

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 04:42:45 PM

you can, provided the government wants to accept cryptocurrency completely. I'm sure the visa will be replaced by cryptocurrency. it will be very beneficial if we use crypto because all transactions are transparent.
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:43:56 PM

It all depends on what will be more profitable, as the blockchain technology is still quite slow to form transactions and payment for them is also quite high, although on the other hand VISA is not perfect.
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:16:48 PM

This depend on the development that is coming up. People are seriously waiting to see some progress.
So blockchain has got a lot of prospects. On its own it has a some of usefulness, that can being about more growth
Both block chain and Visa are not in anyway comparable. They two different entities, but I'm my opinion, block chain is better.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:02:21 AM

If you compare VISA with blockchain, actually there are some advantages in using blockchain than using VISA.
But the disadvantages of blockchain still exist too. Once peoples using blockchain without disadvantages, blockchain will overtake it.
That is why cryptocurrency need to keep developing with quick pace.

johnleo

Activity: 1414
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:26:04 AM

I don't see there is a competition between blockchain and VISA, blockchain is a system meanwhile VISA is an owner of the system. VISA could have own blockchain system. What in my mind is hoping there is an ICO project similar to VISA or Mastercard system.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:21:56 AM

I think that the transfer and payment methods of cryptocurrencies will have a big impact on the traditional payment industry. In some developing countries, due to the backwardness of banking business, more and more people are beginning to transfer money through cryptocurrency.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 05:36:40 AM

No way, blockchain will help VISA become better if they apply the blockchain system to VISA, blockchain cannot beat banks or VISA ... because the nature of blockchain does not allow it to do it

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:45:12 PM

This may happen soon. Therefore, we must be prepared for this. Such a situation can happen very quickly, because the market will sooner or later start to show results and this will be global growth.
xkatarinax

Activity: 242
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 05:34:31 PM

I think that some day Visa/Mastercard and cryptocurrency will cooperate together. And it will be in the near future.

DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 05:48:30 PM

Well, from the massive adoption of the use of blockchain, I think we are heading towards that direction, blockchain almost taking over every sector and in few decades to come I believe that blockchain will beat Visa.
beonline

Activity: 192
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:02:35 PM

very difficult, because without the help of the government the blockchain will find it difficult to find new users. the first thing to do is that the blockchain must be approved by governments around the world. this new technology will be accepted by the public.

This. Unfortunately, regulations can hinder adoption. But we know how it happens: first users, then businesses and governments. It will take time but I believe we will get there.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:39:31 AM

I think this will happen in the nearest two years. And maybe VISA will make this happen, by the way. If it will invest in this technology and integrate it in its transactions system.

There could be a possibility that VISA might adopt Blockchain for its own benefit someday. In the event Blockchain technology becomes so successful, VISA would take the right direction towards preserving its business model by integrating Blockchain into its platform. However, if VISA doesn't adopt the Blockchain, then I'm afraid that it'll eventually be replaced by it. One thing for sure, is that Blockchain is improving at a fast pace. Which means, that sooner or later, Blockchain would scale to millions of users without sacrificing speeds or even costs at all.

With the advent of innovative technologies and consensus algorithms (such as DAGs, ZK-SNARKS, etc), Blockchain has enormous potential to take the financial world by storm. Of course, for Blockchain to beat VISA, it would need to become regulatory compliant (something that has been quite of a struggle lately). However, if Blockchain manages to gain full compliance, then there's nothing stopping it from beating VISA. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:55:04 AM

What in my mind is, when ever the implementation of the blockchain technology for payment system going smoothly, then it will be possible for the blockchain to replace VISA that we used today, and perhaps could also replace the other payment system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: