Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Hodling Coins!!!  (Read 26596 times)
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:16:19 AM

I personally only hold ICO tokens because the price always follows the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum. And I agree that daily trading is very profitable and I also do it. However, everyone has a different trading strategy, because everyone will do anything to make a profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 06:11:25 AM

even though you told me that I might be crazy because I held the coin for too long but actually it was a good step for me because by holding back the coin I had I was not at a loss and I am sure the price of the coin will definitely go up and become expensive again because I have confidence if the coin falls then it will go up, and vice versa if the price of the coin goes up then one day the price of the coin will fall as it is today.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 06:49:45 AM

Stop holding coins for years months, that's a lazy and ignorant way to invest.
yeah I think that's also not a good way to get big profits because it will only waste time, I agree. but as long as you know that only a few people hold their coins for years and for those who are good at trading they won't want to hold their coins for that long. get profits not have to hold for years but must can be experts in trading : monitor market developments and have skills in trading.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 06:54:01 AM

If we do not hold our coin then what to do? I think you are saying about the bad coins which are not in more use and not enough demand. Hence the coin price is depend on demand % supply we must hold only those coins which are traded in high volume. Bitcoin, ETH, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple are the recent high volume traded coins so, we can hold these coins only for long period.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 06:57:09 AM

Trading has it`s own risks as well and you cannot make profit every day, but I agree on that holding is also risky
on the bearish market. It is better to trade or shorting your coins to save their value during tough times.
You cannot expect market will be always bullish or always bearish that is the reason people are suggesting to go for long term holding. Only with holding we can eliminate the most of the risks with investment on bearish market. But the asset we are holding should be good potential based so that there will be no big risk with our holding.

We never need to stop our holding when we have invested only with bitcoin kind of high potential assets. Other than bitcoin, few other major coins are this kind and holders of these coins never need to stop holding.
Strotman

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:00:10 AM

I make 5% daily profit buying and selling, how do I trade?. I buy Bitcoin with cash and sell 5% higher. I do this daily some times I make more when am able to by the coin cheaper than normal.
And if the price goes down, how do you make a profit in this case? Most likely you trade with a shoulder. But for some reason you don't mention, and write only the obvious.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:00:43 AM

Try a rebalancing strategy where you allocate a % for each of your coins and if one goes to the moon sell a part to keep it balanced!

HODL can work and can give you higher returns but it also allows you to lose evrything -> too much risk!
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:17:54 AM

Trading can be very good if we can be smart at it but that cannot stop hodl.There will always be a reason to hodl because there are some coin that have got prospect which can be good for hodl.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:32:58 AM

If you are a trader and want to spend hours each day watching a screen of candles then sure try and trade the movements of each coin. But also a HOLD strategy works just as well if not better if you are comfortable to sit on what you have and wait for a market recovery it only involves 1 target and less time to manage.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 09:58:57 AM

I agree that with the help of trading you can increase the contents of your portfolio, but for this you need to have experience!
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 03:50:46 PM

Trading has it`s own risks as well and you cannot make profit every day, but I agree on that holding is also risky
on the bearish market. It is better to trade or shorting your coins to save their value during tough times.
You cannot expect market will be always bullish or always bearish that is the reason people are suggesting to go for long term holding. Only with holding we can eliminate the most of the risks with investment on bearish market. But the asset we are holding should be good potential based so that there will be no big risk with our holding.

We never need to stop our holding when we have invested only with bitcoin kind of high potential assets. Other than bitcoin, few other major coins are this kind and holders of these coins never need to stop holding.
Yes, what you're holding will be the prime criteria to decide whether to continue holding or not. Many people have invested into new coins and they should be having a portfolio which is valuing less than 25% of its ordinal worth. In that case, holding is not at all recommended and they should have sold out their portfolio some long time back itself. If they are holding till now then that must be a foolish way of doing with their investments.

With the respect to major altcoins or bitcoins, I believe that we never need to stop holding them. For example, waves was trading around 35k satoshi just two weeks back but right now it is trading around 80k satoshi values. Those who decided to sell it off two weeks back or before that might be facing big losses but holding that up to today must be the right way of doing with such a major altcoin.
mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:23:56 PM

My question? after you buy Bitcoin with cash, then the Bitcoin price drops from the price you bought before. Will you sell? If you sell then you will lose, if you hold the price of Bitcoin continues to fall. What do you do if this happens. I think friends here are forced to hold because they don't match the purchase price with the selling price.
- ESPERS -

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 05:29:28 PM

It depends on everyone's strategy. They are traders and who hold their coins in the long run. I would not recommend your strategy because I think this is very risky and you will eventually find it is not the best. Your strategy would be well applied for ICO projects. For TOP coins, investments are made in the long run.
marados

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 05:39:35 PM

Yes you might think this is crazy but the truth is, you are prone to more risk and uncertainties when you hold. All the price instability is actually sustaining with you holding.

The rule of when the price is moving someone is actually gaining or loosing has more effect on those holding coin.

Over the years I have noticed that trading is still the best! Am gonna share a secret with you.

I make 5% daily profit buying and selling, how do I trade?. I buy Bitcoin with cash and sell 5% higher. I do this daily some times I make more when am able to by the coin cheaper than normal.

In 20days of intensive trading, I make 100% profit. Well, am not very rich because I only like to trade with small funds and I do this to take care of my immediate expenses daily so I don't touch my salary at all cos profits from trades takes care if all these.

Comparing to when you hold, Bitcoin cannot rise above 100% in 20days!!! Forget old days rate, today is reality!

Stop holding coins for years months, that's a lazy and ignorant way to invest.

There are lots of ways you can trade, just find a comfortable trade platform with a very very reliable Escrow service and trade to only trusted people.

Thanks, remain safe.

Trading is great, if person that is doing it knows what he/she is doing. I'm not really into trading, and haven't really spent a lot of time trying to get to know something about it. So I just do my own research and invest money in project that I do believe will have great future. So hodling is more my type and I love to just "forget" about my investment, for better future.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 06:28:07 PM

I think if you are looking for an opportunity to increase your income, sooner or later investment will become scarce and you will start looking for new ways. And then trading will be one of the best options, if you learn how to trade, you can easily increase the number of your coins, while holding forces you to sit and wait until the market becomes bullish again.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 06:59:27 PM

I also don't support long-term hodl anymore, because we have other options to make money! In my opinion, A long-term hodl is the laziest work nowadays! People invested in crypto to hold a long time but when the price comes down then they start panicking! Like, at this moment, people should hold, but personally, I would choose to learn to trade. It is better to lose money by doing something where last year we lost 70-80% of total money only by holding!

It doesn't matter what you win or lose in a couple months. What matters is the total gain over the period in which you are ready to hold. If you bought in early 2017 or at any point before that you would make money holding. If you chose to buy near 20 thousand you shouldn't blame holding but your decision making and lack of common sense.
Inu.Guren

Activity: 379

homt.net

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:25:08 PM

if you mean stop for hodling coin from not trusted developer and project are right
but many coins and trusted developer with huge name are recomend for hodling in long term, but any risk in your hand.
the main problem for investing in hodling altcoin for long term is we believe or not to developer from the coin

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
RareFortune

Activity: 602
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:27:48 PM

Trading is a good option in times of bearish like what is happening in the market right now but not all is good at trading including me Grin I'm still new in trading but I see a lot of people getting good results so while I'm holding I tried to learn more about trading because it is too risky for a beginner like me.
BCTS

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:48:47 PM

Trading is a good option in times of bearish like what is happening in the market right now but not all is good at trading including me Grin I'm still new in trading but I see a lot of people getting good results so while I'm holding I tried to learn more about trading because it is too risky for a beginner like me.
Trading is a good way to make money, but it also involves a huge amount of risks. In addition, at the moment I decided to start investing again in the long term. Perhaps six months or year, and can be and two years. Now the market is at the bottom, but soon it will begin to grow again.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:49:53 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with holding a coin. but indeed we must be able to choose a coin that is indeed good and also clear to be able to hold it long or short,

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: