Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eCommerce is the way to adoption - Do your part  (Read 456 times)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 08:36:39 PM

I think there are already countless lists like these, but I'll give my two most favorite stores that accept cryptocurrency payments.

Takeaway.com - Has been accepting Bitcoin for years now. You can order food online in many different European countries.

Overstock - They too have been accepting cryptocurrency for years. They even keep part of their payments in Bitcoin and do not immediately exchange everything into fiat.

Really if you're into cryptocurrency yourself, do everything to support these websites. They are a HUGE support for Bitcoin adoption.
I personally use them every month almost and pay with Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seOG (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 03:15:35 PM

I think there are already countless lists like these, but I'll give my two most favorite stores that accept cryptocurrency payments.

Takeaway.com - Has been accepting Bitcoin for years now. You can order food online in many different European countries.

Overstock - They too have been accepting cryptocurrency for years. They even keep part of their payments in Bitcoin and do not immediately exchange everything into fiat.

Really if you're into cryptocurrency yourself, do everything to support these websites. They are a HUGE support for Bitcoin adoption.
I personally use them every month almost and pay with Bitcoin.

The problem with those solutions is that it doesn't allow YOU the consumer to sell your items. Forra is a way for anyone to sell anything to anyone without fees. These are simply businesses that accept crypto.
kelz1
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:49:53 PM

It's good to see crypto payment plugins on various shopping sites. When it hits amazon then you know bitcoin has gone mainstream and there is no going back

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:20:49 PM

Sadly there is no option like this in my country and last year when many things were set to launch, the gov put some restriction on crypto-currencies. Now the only way to expend in a eCommerce website is to buy gift cards from third party websites. Which is not that much encouraging for adopting crypto-currencies.

VenJoCoin
Copper Member

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:19:13 AM

Since there are so many coins and token. E-commerce would be kinda hard to manage without actively maintaining the transaction infrastructure, what if a customer bought something using XXX coin. then XXX coin suddenly drop in value. that would be a serious hit to the business  Embarrassed
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:00:49 AM

Yes the first point of call to the increased adoption rate of Cryptocurrency would be from the e-commerce industry.
When a holder of Cryptocurrency can be able to purchase goods and services using Cryptocurrency and then a potential investor will be able to own Cryptocurrency without having to go through the conventional  rigorous processes.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:35:40 PM

there is more important than mass adoption by all e-commerce in the world, namely the legality recorded in the government law and protected by law by all countries in the world
with the official legality, mass adoption will occur and it will increase the interest of new and existing bitcoin users who have known bitcoin from the beginning
really hope that this will happen soon, and we can enjoy bitcoin by using it like we use PayPal or other e-Money to make payments

I think it seems useless when we have to continue to wait for the legality in a country (who doesn't know how long) but the global society massively doesn't know what cryptocurrency is, what bitcoin benefits can give to everyday life needs. and also how can a legality be given when there is no trust built in this context widely adoption the use of bitcoin. and if we see the reality of today, when many countries have accepted the existence of bitcoin or even countries that just let the use of bitcoin but not ban on it, is an opportunity to show that bitcoin is real.
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:15:57 PM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are very volatile and therefore they are poorly suited for eCommerce. Stablecoins are better suited for eCommerce.
Even bitcoin and other top cryptocurrencies are volatile its seems that they also fitted for ecommerce especially bitcoin which is always use in difference ecommerce. Using ecommerce to implement cryptocurrency is a good way to have massive adoption.
Bitkocha

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:45:24 PM

Already quite often there are sites of large commercial stores, where bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are used as payment currency. Cryptocurrency is gradually being introduced into electronic commerce and this does not even depend on its official regulation in any country.
Pumared

Activity: 1274
Merit: 389

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:59:19 PM

It is being inserted gradually but only by small markets, large shopkeepers are little adept at cryptos. I think that taking this path would not be the best option for a greater adoption of society.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
seOG (OP)

Activity: 132

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:47:59 PM

Already quite often there are sites of large commercial stores, where bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are used as payment currency. Cryptocurrency is gradually being introduced into electronic commerce and this does not even depend on its official regulation in any country.

Part of the beauty of crypto is that no country needs to accept it, only the business owners do.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: