Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The role of women in society  (Read 407 times)
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:12:40 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2019, 09:06:39 AM by mOgliE

Hello everyone.

This thread has been running in my mind for quite some times but after the answer of dogtana to TECSHARE I've thought it could be a good timing to share my 2 cents on the subject:

Women work fewer hours, shorter shifts, less dangerous jobs, and take lots of time off because they are socially conditioned to do it. They are brought up to be primarily nurturing and do this to care for their families. If men did their fair share in this, women would work more hours, longer shifts, more dangerous jobs and take less time off. Millions of women do it, those that have been brought up in an egalitarian environment. It is a live social experiment that has proven this millions of times, yet conservative societis such as US keep failing to correct this.

The idea that inequalities (whatever they can be) between men and women are from social construct is widely spread and accepted in the population. If you're not saying that inequalities exist and that they are only from how society treats men and women differently, you're mostly seen as a mysoginistic conservative.

First of all let's say that if you don't accept that there are tons of inequalities between men and women and that social influences are important factors, you're not mygoninistic, you're stupid. Thousands of different experiments all led to the same results: some kind of behaviour are encouraged or discouraged on individuals because of there sex. A girl must be quiet and submissive, a man must be aggressive and strong. That's not a question, that's a well established fact that can only be denied if you refuse psycology and sociology as science which makes you an idiot.

The problem is... No scientist actually said that inequalities between genders are the result of social pressures. They're saying social pressures cause inequalities between gender... Not the other way around. How can anyone say that all the inequalities are only the consequence of social pressures?
Tons of animals (especially insects) have 2 genders with little to no difference between the male and female from a physical or genetical point of view. This is not the case of humans, nature has clearly given us distinct physical abilities and attributes and whatever some people say, from a statistically point of view you can always distinguish a male from a female at first glance.

This means nature and evolution have made specialized organism, male and female, as the best way to adapt ourselves to our environment. We have evolved for millions of years as specialized individuals. How can anyone say it made no or little impact?
Women and men serve different purposes. Aggressivness and violence as well as physical strength are more important in male organism because their purpose was to fight. Submission and calm behaviour are important to female because their purpose was to breed. A male can easily be replaced and used by different females for reproduction while a woman is a incubator taking 9 months to create next generation.

Saying that we have no "pre determined roles" is stupid. Of course we have. How could those millions of years of specialization lead to nothing? Social pressure is NOT the only factor leading to inequalities between genders, we ARE inequals.

That being said, natural things aren't always good things and I have no trouble with people saying we should get rid of those inequalities. Why not? Maybe it's a good thing.
But getting rid of gender inequalities mean getting rid of genders because without gender specialization, what's the point of having two genders?

That might be a good thing? I don't know. Who could know?

But don't just say it's a social thing, those inequalities are fundamentals to our evolution. You can completely thing they must disappear because they have become useless sure. But don't forget getting rid of them means no long men and women but just humans.

I don't want that.

dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:48:20 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2019, 03:23:08 PM by dogtana

You could have easily posted this in that thread. I suppose now TECHSHARE will make another as well. I might reply later but otherwise I stand by my opinion in the original thread. I am someone who observes things for how they are and is able to see my own priviledge without feeling threatened by someone else's fight for equality.
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:01:33 PM

You could have easily posted this in that thread. I suppose now TECHSHARE will make another as well. I might reply later but otherwise I stand by my opinion in the original threat. I am someone who observes things for how they re and is able to see my own priviledge without feeling threatened by someone else's fight for equality.

This thread is more general so I felt like a new one was a good thing.

Who's feeling threatened? I'm not.
Just saying deciding to get rid of gender specifications means getting rid of genders in the end. You can't keep men and women without equalities because that's why there are men and women. That's all i'm saying.

ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 04:05:25 PM

Biologically and socially, men and women are different.

However in terms of rights, freedom, salaries, job opportunities etc. they should be the same.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 04:37:19 PM

The basic role of women is to have children.

Society leaders are trying to make society into a nanny state, where the women have to work outside the home just to support the children. They do this to push society towards Communism, where the leaders will indoctrinate the children to obey their will. With both parents at work, they can do this much easier.

It is being done through the fiat debt money system, where inflation robs everyone of value... so that the women have to leave the home to help support the family, financially.

If people understood this, and used the blockchain and Bitcoin properly, they could get rid of all but the tiniest bit of inflation. People would retain value, and the women could go back home.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Adegbem

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 02:09:42 AM

The role of women in the society can never be underestimated, meaning what a man can do, a woman can even do it more better....... So whatever u can think of a man role in the society, a woman fit in too perfectly.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 02:57:36 PM

Women are the glue that holds the societies together.

Without women, our species would not exist.

There are many biological differences between the sexes and that is why we have inequalities.

I am a man, but I see we are emotional simpletons when compared with women.

When women want to insult each other they can do it all day long in front of men and men would know even know it.

Men are impatient, want the stuff now, are more of a go-getter regardless of the consequences.  Women will think a lot longer before making any decisions.  Have you ever went shopping with your wife or girlfriend?

Most men are manipulated by women because we are idiots who are just good with numbers and have no clue we are being manipulated.

coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:24:41 AM

OP has conflated gender with biological sex.  Gender psychological social construct which doesn't mean it isn't natural, humans have always lived in societies with social constructs, but it is not biological like sex. The thing about sex is that it *usually manifests in a very simple, binary way.  Men have penises and women have vaginas and can bear children.  People see this and it is simple so they understandibly project this simplicity onto gender. 

The problem is that the variation in human brains and the psychology between individuals is much more diverse than the variation between the bodies of each person.  Every male (usually) has a penis but when you talk about gender characteristics there is going to be a wide variation with a lot of overlap between men and women.  The most "masculine" woman is going to have far more "manly" gender traits than the most "feminine" man and vice versa.  For this reason, gender as a social construct ends up causing more harm than good.  Many men are better suited to cook and raise children than many women and many women are better suited for hard labor than many men.

Societal rules based on broad gender averages is oppression of those in the standard deviation.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:33:27 AM

In the past, before, say, the 1940s, gender meant biological sex. How many millions of years did it take us to change the meaning of gender? Perhaps we aren't human anymore.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
coins4commies

Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:39:33 AM

Most point to the 1960s for the birth of brain science, neuropsychology.  Before that, our understanding of the brain was simply mechanical. 
luispitchler

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:38:26 AM

it's the 21st century and we're still discussing this.  i asked my mom this question and she simply said "women ought to teach men who are idiots in society to behave like humans!" and that is of course after rolling her eyes.  Grin
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:10:16 PM

Most point to the 1960s for the birth of brain science, neuropsychology.  Before that, our understanding of the brain was simply mechanical. 

Now our understanding of these things ^^^ is that they are so complex that we have no real clue as to how they work.

Cool

BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 05:08:51 PM

The role of women in our world is not the same as it is presented today by many. Yes, women began to work more, bring a lot of money to the house, to succeed in work and business.  But I believe that the main task of women should be the arrangement of heat and hearth in the house.

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 07:13:29 PM

i wonder, when we will reach the moment of human history in which women will run their own all female state, maybe they could start with a city state.

@kprodip230

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:41:21 PM

Women are critical in our general public. Each lady has her own activity or obligation in this advanced society in which men are as yet the 'most grounded sex .We can't overlook such ladies' reality is significantly more muddled than a man's life. A lady needs to deal with her very own life and in the event that she is a mother , she needs to take care likewise about her youngsters' life as well. Marriaged ladies have loads of stresses and trust it or not , they complete a more stressfull life than marriaged men. I am certain my remark could be acknowledged by the majority of the general population living in a comparable society.
Fluer

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:26:59 PM

However in terms of rights, freedom, salaries, job opportunities etc. they should be the same.

Let's take all the men's rights off and will see what happens...
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 10:28:55 AM

Women are nation builder, theybare the first point of training and development for a child,which tend to have an impact on the larger society, there is a revolution now, women have to work in order to augumemt the economy of the family unlike in time past where only men work to fend for the family.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:09:28 PM

I know I'm going to get flack for this, but...

Cheesy

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:49:24 PM

you should have added the ‘physical ‘aspect since man and woman are also has a big difference from this,but you are right about all the terms you’ve mentioned,in some countries woman also became a president things that only male has a dominance for long time
cizatext

Merit: 41

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:02:04 PM

Women and men are two different species because they both have different characteristics and pattern of behavior while the man is consider as the super power of the world that is why the world if referred to ad the men world. Women are considered to be second class citizens of the world.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: