Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:43:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funds in Watch Only Wallet Help  (Read 127 times)
mudbaby (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 07:32:58 PM
Merited by LoyceV (2)

Hello

I am new to Armory wallet. I have an offline computer with the Armory wallet installed and have created my wallet. I have exported the wallet to an watch-only wallet and have received some bitcoin.

I also have the bitcoin core wallet running but the funds do not show in this wallet.

Can someone let me know how this works or can I send bit coin with the watch-only wallet.

Also can I update the Primary wallet that is on the offline computer with the funds that are in the watch-only wallet.

Thanks for your help

Newbie to Armory and bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 07:44:06 PM

The offline computer is supposed to be used only for signing transactions which you have to prepare earlier on the online one. Watch-only wallet does not hold your private keys (it wouldn't make any sense) and can be only used for receiving funds, monitoring your transactions and preparing unsigned ones. I don't have any experience with Armory. I have mostly used Electrum so far for cold storage.
mudbaby (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 07:57:26 PM

Thanks for the info as I am new to this and just had question on how this works.

So in the watch wallet I would create an offline transaction and then sign this on the Offline computer and the broadcast it to the recipient is that correct?

Do you know why the balance in the watch only wallet does not appear in the BitCoin Core wallet ?

Thanks again Newbie
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:05:50 PM

So in the watch wallet I would create an offline transaction and then sign this on the Offline computer and the broadcast it to the recipient is that correct?

Exactly. Keep in mind that you can't broadcast signed transaction on the offline computer so you have to move it to the other computer.

Do you know why the balance in the watch only wallet does not appear in the BitCoin Core wallet ?

Are you sure that your Bitcoin Core synchronizes correctly with the network? I am quite sure that there was a command which allowed you to check if your private key is related to a certain Bitcoin address. I can't recall it right now. Did you use your public key to create the watch only wallet?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: