Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:23:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cluster2k and VaultMex  (Read 1028 times)
nxlmedia (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:50:21 PM

e]

If you think about it, the nonsense feedback that he is leaving rebounds on him and confirms his lack of credibility.

What is preventing him from using his many forum accounts to sabotage the trust level on another person's account?

I mean the way he did it in that image was obvious and stupid, but what is there to prevent a more systematic deliberate attempt spread out over a duration of time?

When I worked in the adult industry I spent a lot of time on GFY.com and I can tell you it is for reasons like the one I have mentioned above that multiple account offenders received bans.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:04:54 PM

What is preventing him from using his many forum accounts to sabotage the trust level on another person's account?

I mean the way he did it in that image was obvious and stupid, but what is there to prevent a more systematic deliberate attempt spread out over a duration of time?

His untrusted feedback (and any untrusted feedback that he may leave from alt accounts) is pretty meaningless in the great scheme of things.
There's no way to prevent, in advance, anyone doing anything  if they are determined, systematic and deliberate about it.
Using Trust Ratings improperly is a problem sometimes. The Reputation Child Board is one of the checks and balance mechanism the forum has for that, but moderators are not empowered to act (unless in extreme cases) as Theymos seems to see trust as a P2P situation.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:26:04 PM

His untrusted feedback (and any untrusted feedback that he may leave from alt accounts) is pretty meaningless in the great scheme of things.
There's no way to prevent, in advance, anyone doing anything  if they are determined, systematic and deliberate about it.
Using Trust Ratings improperly is a problem sometimes. The Reputation Child Board is one of the checks and balance mechanism the forum has for that, but moderators are not empowered to act (unless in extreme cases) as Theymos seems to see trust as a P2P situation.

What merits disciplinary action from moderators on these forums?

I have seen a lot of damage caused by multi-account users in my time, everything from spoofing bids during auctions to spreading or supporting false accusations.

SCENARIO ONE,

At this very moment, someone on this forum could be reading one of his self-moderated threads, full of positive feedback from his alternate forums profiles and decide to invest in one of the coins listed on VaultMex.

This user will learn that he cannot withdraw any of the assets that he invested into this exchange and after doing some research promptly learns that it is the policy of these forums to do nothing to prevent instances such as what just happened to him.

This forum member ceases using these forums as a result.

SCENARIO TWO,

A scammer learns from similar activities mentioned in the first scenario and decides to push the envelope even further, therefore, creating more instances of fraud and abuse. Other scammers see the same opportunity and proceed to advance their agenda and exploit it even further.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:38:10 PM

At this very moment, someone on this forum could be reading one of his self-moderated threads, full of positive feedback from his alternate forums profiles and decide to invest in one of the coins listed on VaultMex.

That's true, but it is very difficult to help people who don't help themselves at least a little bit.
Should your scenario indicate the depth of due diligence that the theoretical investor thinks adequate, then unfortunately it will only be a matter of time before he gets scammed somewhere along the line.
Search VaultMex in the forum search and critical threads are listed, search VaultMex in Google and "Scam Exchange VaultMeX!" is on this first page.
Involving moderators in any but the simplest value judgments is not practical or, to some, desirable.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:04:26 PM

That's true, but it is very difficult to help people who don't help themselves at least a little bit.
Should your scenario indicate the depth of due diligence that the theoretical investor thinks adequate, then unfortunately it will only be a matter of time before he gets scammed somewhere along the line.
Search VaultMex in the forum search and critical threads are listed, search VaultMex in Google and "Scam Exchange VaultMeX!" is on this first page.
Involving moderators in any but the simplest value judgments is not practical or, to some, desirable.

I would not recommend to anyone to do research on these forums as long as there exist self-moderated threads.

When using Google to research cryptocurrency based information it is also advisable to skip over any result that is linked to these forums.

For an example a search result placement that reads "Scam Exchange VaultMeX!" means nothing if it were created by someone with a biased agenda against the exchange using a self-moderated thread option. It could just as easily say anything with nothing administrative enforcing any kind of ethical value related to business.

That is the result of the policies put in place on these forums.

A simple solution to the problems which I have stated is to disable self-moderated threads entirely. What purpose do they serve except to aid fraudulent activity or people attempting to hide something from others?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 06:41:41 PM

A simple solution to the problems which I have stated is to disable self-moderated threads entirely. What purpose do they serve except to aid fraudulent activity or people attempting to hide something from others?

To allow reputable users to create threads free of spam and trolling.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:12:52 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2019, 07:29:18 PM by nxlmedia

To allow reputable users to create threads free of spam and trolling.

Except its being used as a tool to defraud people.

Restrict it or make it a privilege, otherwise, it is a mistake.

I am starting to understand why cryptocurrencies in general are precived in a negative light by the general population. None of this will ever go main stream with this kind of ideology.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:12:39 PM

I apologize to this community if I being rude or overly aggressive yesterday with this discussion. I am
Just frustrated with the situation. It sucks losing any amount of money but I am glad it was less than two hundred dollars, that is the price I pay for this lesson I have learned. Judging by Cluster2k’s profile it looks like it cost him a ledgenary account, which I would place at a much higher value. I would like to thank this community for that.

MisterZ2

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:22:46 PM

I apologize to this community if I being rude or overly aggressive yesterday with this discussion. I am
Just frustrated with the situation. It sucks losing any amount of money but I am glad it was less than two hundred dollars, that is the price I pay for this lesson I have learned. Judging by Cluster2k’s profile it looks like it cost him a ledgenary account, which I would place at a much higher value. I would like to thank this community for that.

thx for your effort in this case. i got scammed as well. but i will not rest to bother those guys. i keep on warning all the new community’s from coins they list on their scam Exchange.and i am sure already got pissed of.
painkillz

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:08:02 PM

I can confirm Vaultex is a SCAM exchange, I transferred 1000$ in btc, I've been trying to withdraw the amount but it keeps going into "pending approval" status then 4-5 hours later, the withdraw request gets canceled.
verusify

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 12:41:03 PM

The interface is nicely designed. There are lot of coins listed. There are lot of users want to trade there. If the team would have fixed issues in the very early stage and continue with the exchange, this one should be the top priority of the many coin devs and traders to list and trade. They might have started well, but they are the ones that spoiled themselves. There are many new exchanges finding it difficult to get traders. But they have a lot of time to become a good exchange.
MisterZ2

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 12:02:38 PM

Hi...i just saw the Scammers opened a new page with a new account VaultMex changed to VaultMex_Support
it would be nice if everybody in here put them an Trust post on their account!
Thx a lot

not letting them come away...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5117461.0
Cnfused

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:17:54 PM

VaultMex is a complete scam and the BitcoinZero community has had numerous users make deposits and later cannot withdraw
MisterZ2

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:34:53 PM

VaultMex is a complete scam and the BitcoinZero community has had numerous users make deposits and later cannot withdraw

Sorry to hear..i am waiting since december to get my funds.🙈
zerocoinsss

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 12:45:24 AM

they stole 1btc
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: