Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cluster2k and VaultMex  (Read 1028 times)
nxlmedia (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:15:17 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2019, 02:44:44 PM by nxlmedia

EDIT: Cluster2k is either still directly associated with VaultMex or is in fact VaultMex himself.

Hello,

I will attempt to do this report in a proper organized fashion. If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding this matter please reach out to me.
What happened:

VaultMeX an individual operating an exchange:

www.vaultmex.com

Users of this exchange have been attempting to withdraw their cryptocurrencies for several weeks without success. VaultMeX has been using the excuse that the wallets are under maintenance, yet cannot provide information regarding which wallets or the expected time-frame of this alleged maintenance. As time passed tensions grew amongst the users who are unable to withdraw their funds and VaultMeX moderators have resorted to deleting messages and banning users in an attempt to conceal the issue. I have attached evidence in the form of screenshots to support my claims.

Amount Scammed: Personally about 0.05 Bitcoin. However, factoring in all users who cannot access their funds this number will be much higher.

Blockchain:

I am not going to dig through it and list every coin that I have deposited on this exchange. However, I will share my last transactions which involved about $100 worth of BZX.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bzx/address.dws?XGfL6c2TAt9dKhQWp73NwnDEvqw9zqJkxt.htm

Scammers Profile Link:

VaultMex - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2330714

Cluster2k - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=18201

Reference Link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5051231.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4987019.0 (Read last two pages.)

A simple search using the search function of these forums can provide more examples.

I noticed that these two were actively deleting messages from both their Discord and from the Chatbox on their exchange. So I saved some screenshots.

https://i.imgur.com/mdSFi23.png

https://i.imgur.com/DNHttIX.png

https://i.imgur.com/iCWPUB9.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ro80cn5.png

Additional Notes:

I have contacted several organizations that currently list this exchange with the purpose of having this exchange removed. I personally was referred to this exchange through the Blockfolio iPhone application and have since requested VaultMeX be removed to prevent further victims. VaultMeX may attempt to call this blackmail but blackmail involves extortion of goods or services. Attempting to recover your own property, warning others or attempting to protect others from being defrauded does not fit this description.

Kind Regards,

-Ken

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 08:33:30 PM

VaultMeX and Cluster2k  individuals operate an exchange:

How is Cluster2k connected to VaultMeX?
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:58:42 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 01:50:06 PM by nxlmedia

VaultMeX and Cluster2k  individuals operate an exchange:

How is Cluster2k connected to VaultMeX?

Cluster2k was Community leader on discord deleting messages and banning users.

EDITED: Removed Cluster2k from scam acquisition as he voluntary stepped down from his position and clarified that he had no control or responsibility for the wallet servers.

Please remove any negative trust attributed to him.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 09:44:23 PM

Gotcha, thanks. I wasn't sure if the discord user is the same person, e.g. someone could create "suchmoon-VMX" on discord but that doesn't mean it's me. After some poking around I'm quite certain now.
MisterZ2

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:22:45 AM

I totally agree. The same happens to me. I was able to deposit BTC without any problems. Then i bought some Sierra and tried to withdrawl. After a certain time of „pending approvel“ the order gets canceled every time. Asking for support on several chanel’s (discord, email, chatbox, twitter) but nothing happens.
After a few more comments i got banned on discord and been blocked on Twitter.
Even i can’t write in the  chatbox at this exchange.

DONT USE VAULTMEX!!!
friggeth

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 07:53:52 AM

Vaultmex has 5-7x the withdrawal fee of any other exchange. On top of that Dodosenpai-VMX on Discord suggested that a user try withdrawing a smaller amount of coin. That seems like their way of forcing you to make more withdrawals and thus pay them more in fees. Any exchange which takes control of your coins away from you is shady and untrustworthy in my opinion.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 08:16:10 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 02:17:00 PM by nxlmedia

Vaultmex has 5-7x the withdrawal fee of any other exchange. On top of that Dodosenpai-VMX on Discord suggested that a user try withdrawing a smaller amount of coin. That seems like their way of forcing you to make more withdrawals and thus pay them more in fees. Any exchange which takes control of your coins away from you is shady and untrustworthy in my opinion.

Don't forget to click the link that I have posted to VaultMeX forum profile and submit negative feedback. It is one of the few tools we have to help prevent others from suffering this type of grief.

Thank you.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 08:55:11 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 02:28:38 PM by nxlmedia

Muce requires assistance with a deposit. Poor Muce is probably just realizing his mistake.

Notice the rapid support given by VaultMex moderators when the issue is regarding a deposit being made.

https://i.imgur.com/hEBictR.png

Need support with a withdraw? No such luck my friends.

https://i.imgur.com/ziHdZGB.png

friggeth

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:29:50 PM

A few interesting things of note. When you try to look up the domain information for vaultmex.com they've activated whoisguard to hide the information. The registrar for the website is Namecheap and their site is hosted by Incapsula so those are two places they can be reported. The other is that I tried to make a lot of withdrawals yesterday which were pending approval for more than 16 hours. Only one went through. Then another small withdrawal I made today went through instantly, and after that none are going through again. Even if it were just their site being terrible the lack of response from the support team indicates that they don't care. The helpdesk gives no way to confirm that your ticket was submitted since the registration page doesn't allow you to create a password, and you need to log in to check ticket status.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 05:30:47 PM

A few interesting things of note. When you try to look up the domain information for vaultmex.com they've activated whoisguard to hide the information. The registrar for the website is Namecheap and their site is hosted by Incapsula so those are two places they can be reported. The other is that I tried to make a lot of withdrawals yesterday which were pending approval for more than 16 hours. Only one went through. Then another small withdrawal I made today went through instantly, and after that none are going through again. Even if it were just their site being terrible the lack of response from the support team indicates that they don't care. The helpdesk gives no way to confirm that your ticket was submitted since the registration page doesn't allow you to create a password, and you need to log in to check ticket status.

I have looked at all those angles as well.

The Privacy Protection won't help protect them if someone decides to take legal action. It is but a small barrier and was never designed to help people commit fraud.  I know this from years of being associated with a company that had to regularly enforce infringement of their copyright material. I know at least one of them is located in Australia, so the long-arm statutes of the United States could be applied. Personally, I haven't lost enough money to pursue this option. However, it isn't that difficult in the event that someone who has lost a significant amount of capital wants to take a crack at it.

Reporting the website to the registrar and hosting company is going to be my final act if these issues are never resolved.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:50:44 PM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

VaultMex,

I have tried several times with no success to withdraw funds and seek adequate support.

Are ALL wallets currently down? How come people can make deposits but not make withdrawals?

Does your exchange think that it’s appropriate to withhold property that belongs to other people for weeks at a time while basically ignoring them the entire time?

The conduct of your exchange has been extremely unprofessional and borderline criminal. It is in your best interest to stop ignoring this situation and address these underlying issues.

Looks like VaultMex has been recently active deleting their self-moderated threads.

Well, they aren't going to be able to delete this one.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:34:11 PM

I want to clarify all the things happened with my involvments with Vaultmex as I posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5051231.new#new

I was marked as "community leader " on Vaultmex discord because I got paid for doing that job. I have no access to servers control nor to funds managements. I only had a connection with a anon guy called "mark" which i was referring to for listing etc.

I was involved since the start with this exchange because I am a coin coder and after i found about the release of Vaultmex I asked them if they would have listed a coin of one of my clients and talking further i got that they needing someone to mod their discord. There i proposed myself for the role and started working on it.

After the last months of problems, issues, angry customers, death threats received, funds frozen by the exchange (including my own) I decided to take a step out from all these things. Now I'm not part of the exchange "team" anymore.

I please you to remove the negative trust on my profile in light of the reasons above.

Hope in your understanding.

Thank you Cluster2k, I did not think that you had any ill intentions because of your reputation and long-standing history here.

I just wasn't sure to the extent of your role and whether or not you had any responsibility regarding the missing funds.

I removed my negative feedback and will edit the post to exclude you. However, I might require the assistance of a moderator to edit the thread title.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:05:23 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 02:24:21 PM by nxlmedia

I want to clarify all the things happened with my involvments with Vaultmex as I posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5051231.new#new

I was marked as "community leader " on Vaultmex discord because I got paid for doing that job. I have no access to servers control nor to funds managements. I only had a connection with a anon guy called "mark" which i was referring to for listing etc.

I was involved since the start with this exchange because I am a coin coder and after i found about the release of Vaultmex I asked them if they would have listed a coin of one of my clients and talking further i got that they needing someone to mod their discord. There i proposed myself for the role and started working on it.

After the last months of problems, issues, angry customers, death threats received, funds frozen by the exchange (including my own) I decided to take a step out from all these things. Now I'm not part of the exchange "team" anymore.

I please you to remove the negative trust on my profile in light of the reasons above.

Hope in your understanding.

Thank you Cluster2k, I did not think that you had any ill intentions because of your reputation and long-standing history here.

I just wasn't sure to the extent of your role and whether or not you had any responsibility regarding the missing funds.

I removed my negative feedback and will edit the post to exclude you. However, I might require the assistance of a moderator to edit the thread title.

Thank you, i really appreciate your understanding and your collaboration. As you can see i just removed myself from the VMX team in their discord.

I really hope that VMX won't turn into a scam but as far as I know from my position there wasn't any lack of funds or any malicious activity going on with the exchange. I mean sometime they had server issues, updates/upgrades which took quick downtime but never had the suspect they wanted to scam. however I want to apologise I have been rude in my time on the VMX discord but as you can imagine i got stressed so much by many users for so various complaints I just can't handle.

Hope that also suchmoon will think the same.

Kind regards.

Yes, I saw it when you stepped down. You guys weren't going to keep me banned because all I had to do was open a new TOR browser and pick a new username.

I hope the issues with VaultMex get resolved as well.

The server issues that you speak of only became a major concern when those issues went weeks without resolution and people started reporting funny activity with wallets in the blockchain explorers.

I am sorry that you had to leave a paying gig, but you did the right thing leaving that position because you really don't want your longstanding good reputation ruined if the situation with that exchange goes sideways.

With that said, I think your stepping down is going to expedite the situation towards whichever direction it was headed. The exchange will either disappear or VaultMex is going to fix the long-standing wallet issues.

I sincerely hope that VaultMex chooses the latter, he can learn a lesson for this and redeem his exchange. The internet is generally a forgiving community.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 03:32:52 PM

Thank you, i really appreciate your understanding and your collaboration. As you can see i just removed myself from the VMX team in their discord.

I really hope that VMX won't turn into a scam but as far as I know from my position there wasn't any lack of funds or any malicious activity going on with the exchange. I mean sometime they had server issues, updates/upgrades which took quick downtime but never had the suspect they wanted to scam. however I want to apologise I have been rude in my time on the VMX discord but as you can imagine i got stressed so much by many users for so various complaints I just can't handle.

Kind regards.

VaulMeX is still #1 exchange on Coincaps.ai
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:58:14 PM

Kind regards.

Your right that should definitely be removed.

However, I will give him time to either remove it or let the contract expire if that's the case.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:21:10 PM

Kind regards.

They paid for it until June 2019, I won't remove it until it is scam confirmed in any way. I think is not fair to remove that paid service.

EDIT: I'm also afk so I'm not able to make any changes to coincaps.ai website from here.

That is reasonable as nobody should expect you to violate a contract. However, next time you enter into a contractual agreement remember to add the necessary provisions protecting the best interests of your business entities.
friggeth

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:32:11 PM

VaultMeX actually responded on Discord. Their message is: "Withdrawals are fine
if your withdrawals are not going through this means we are doing investigation on your accounts balances due to backend upgrades"

How "backend" upgrades relate to having to investigate accounts I'm not sure.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 05:30:13 PM

VaultMeX actually responded on Discord. Their message is: "Withdrawals are fine
if your withdrawals are not going through this means we are doing investigation on your accounts balances due to backend upgrades"

How "backend" upgrades relate to having to investigate accounts I'm not sure.

He has been saying it was a maintenance issue for several weeks now. The problem is that this maintenance issue never gets resolved. I hope I am wrong and we all get our coins but it doesn't seem like that is the case.

I just tried to withdraw again and it still is the same problem.
friggeth

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:33:39 AM

I posted this on discord earlier: "@VaultMeX What are the upgrades which require "investigating" account balances? If it's a security thing why not require 2FA and email confirmations for withdrawals? That way people can confirm their own withdrawals like every other exchange and you don't have to deal with the backlash from so many people not having access to their funds."

I checked now and it has been deleted.
nxlmedia (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:07:47 PM

I posted this on discord earlier: "@VaultMeX What are the upgrades which require "investigating" account balances? If it's a security thing why not require 2FA and email confirmations for withdrawals? That way people can confirm their own withdrawals like every other exchange and you don't have to deal with the backlash from so many people not having access to their funds."

I checked now and it has been deleted.

It doesn't look like that anything got fixed to me. It is a real shame that someone would put effort into building an exchange just to mismanage and destroy it.

https://i.imgur.com/gTTZUjP.png
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: