Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:29:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitDeal Scam  (Read 368 times)
CryptoCracker (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:40:48 PM

I hate to say but this project has the potential to be a turned scam project. So sad to hear for those investors that have been victim on this project investment scam. I certainly hope that some would file a petition to file a case to the team if it still stands.

I agree, that is my point in writing this post so those who google or try to research this scam project quickly get the information they need to make a decision.

They are now running the same scam only this time using an ERC20 token and the exact same website and marketing material.

Nothing has changed except the let the old BitDeal coin (blockchain die), lied about any kind of swap, the coin was dead and trading on Cryptopia for months and months.... now they are listed on LATOKEN so be careful. I imagine they have only plans to sell their ERC20 token and rip off the next wave of buyers.

STAY AWAY from these BitDeal scammers.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 04:57:56 PM

God, how many scam projects on the market today. How can an ordinary user who has not heard anything today about all this use the cryptocurrency ICO projects correctly? I think that there is a very big chance to lose money.

CryptoCracker (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:32:30 PM

God, how many scam projects on the market today. How can an ordinary user who has not heard anything today about all this use the cryptocurrency ICO projects correctly? I think that there is a very big chance to lose money.

Just a heads up, this coin is still traded https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BDL/BTC on coin exchange io for some reason.

But notice if you click deposit you get the notice "Warning: This currency is currently in maintenance mode. It is advised not to send deposits until the wallet is active."

Because the coin is DEAD. So yes, exchange make scam coins possible too. CoinExchange needs to delist the coin like cryptopia did after months of trading a dead coin. But of course, BDL now also trades on LATOKEN as a ERC20...the next scam.

I guess it is easy to scam in crypto. Because I guarantee they will dump their ERC20 BitDeal token and whatever price since it is all free ETH to them for doing nothing but leaving a website up and tweeting a few times.

I guess there is no way to stop that and sadly this scam will make these people money.

So I understand your point. You need to research every coin before buying and even then, maybe unsuspecting buyers on CoinExcange io think the coin is cheap or risk buying it without knowing it is DEAD.
CryptoCracker (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:39:19 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2019, 11:45:14 AM by CryptoCracker

I tried to rate this coin on https://www.isthiscoinascam.com/check/bitdeal#review

I wanted to rate the coin as a scam with the message:

"Yes BitDeal is a super big scam. Read this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5092844.0 They abandoned BDL coin and without swapping coin, just made a new ERC20 token and now trade on LATOKEN. Their old dead coin was kicked off Cryptopia and Coinexchangeio still trades it but it's dead. No blockchain, no deposits or withdraws because it is DEAD. They are scammers. "

But I would have to do so over twitter and give the app permission to:
Read Tweets from me
See who you follow, and follow new people (??seriously).
UPDATE MY PROFILE (again, really??)
POST TWEETS FOR ME ( as if?? A bit excessive isn't it just to post a review??)

With those strange permissions for me to rate the project- forget it. But if some one is familiar with the isthiscoinascam website and has used it before, maybe you can post the above message and help others from getting scammed by criminal projects. It is simply bad all round for crypto that this can happen.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:45:02 PM

Just a heads up, this coin is still traded https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BDL/BTC on coin exchange io for some reason.

But notice if you click deposit you get the notice "Warning: This currency is currently in maintenance mode. It is advised not to send deposits until the wallet is active."

Because the coin is DEAD. So yes, exchange make scam coins possible too. CoinExchange needs to delist the coin like cryptopia did after months of trading a dead coin. But of course, BDL now also trades on LATOKEN as a ERC20...the next scam.

I guess it is easy to scam in crypto. Because I guarantee they will dump their ERC20 BitDeal token and whatever price since it is all free ETH to them for doing nothing but leaving a website up and tweeting a few times.

I guess there is no way to stop that and sadly this scam will make these people money.

So I understand your point. You need to research every coin before buying and even then, maybe unsuspecting buyers on CoinExcange io think the coin is cheap or risk buying it without knowing it is DEAD.

I'm a regular user of CE and thanks I've read this thread. The trading of this coin is still very much active in that exchange. I hope more people will read this so they won't buy this scam coin. They will be left bag holders very soon.
CryptoCracker (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 11:29:44 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2019, 11:46:37 AM by CryptoCracker

I'm a regular user of CE and thanks I've read this thread. The trading of this coin is still very much active in that exchange. I hope more people will read this so they won't buy this scam coin. They will be left bag holders very soon.

Sadly, I think there are many other coins where Dev's have walked and the blockchain is abandoned, yet still trading.

So for me, if you are unsure, check when the latest twitter post was or look at the feed....check latest on bitcointalk, also Github updates and if still unsure, if you can't somehow get a response from Dev team on social media or email in a reasonable amount of time then be very cautious.

With BitDeal yes there were many red flags but this is a bit different from an abandoned coin.

They just let it die and after using every possible media channel to get any kind of a response (it took a while), they responded with a claim that they swapped to ERC20 like 6 months ago but when I asked for information or where it was announced...SILENCE.

Anyhow they are now just using the same scam with an ERC20 token, same website and material and worse LATOKEN supports them...

Newer Exchanges often don't care because the more listed tokens or coins, more users and volume, and I m sure they don't really dive into each and every coin as long as they seem somewhat legit- which most scams do.

Mikhail.YT

Activity: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:39:46 PM

Thank you for the heads up guys
centhiniz

Activity: 292
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:58:14 PM

Hi guys is Bitdeal just another of many scams? It will be delisted on Cryptopia soon, as far as I can tell, all Bit Deal (BDL) (BDC) wallet downloads don't work and all sites are total BS with nothing working. Seemed like a legit project but I guess that is the trick if you are going to scam people.
maybe my guess is right now more and more projects are scam but they can make it like the original that's what makes a lot of people confused because, they can't tell which one is genuine and which one needs to be a strict system now to be easily tracked by the culprit because, they are hard to find.

CryptoCracker (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 08:44:57 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2019, 09:03:58 PM by CryptoCracker

Hi guys is Bitdeal just another of many scams? It will be delisted on Cryptopia soon, as far as I can tell, all Bit Deal (BDL) (BDC) wallet downloads don't work and all sites are total BS with nothing working. Seemed like a legit project but I guess that is the trick if you are going to scam people.
maybe my guess is right now more and more projects are scam but they can make it like the original that's what makes a lot of people confused because, they can't tell which one is genuine and which one needs to be a strict system now to be easily tracked by the culprit because, they are hard to find.

Yes they are hard to find but often they just recycle the same scam using different coins.

That is why people need to let others know about suspect and scam projects and who is involved. On a good note, it looks like bitdeal, (BDC Erc20)  formerly known as BDL old abandoned coin, no longer is supported on Latoken...That is good news.

At least I could not find it listed there anymore. So maybe this thread helped Grin
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 03:35:16 PM

I am starting to see a lot of scam report everyday in the ICO world and it's already making ICO investors scared of investing in ICO anymore since it's now very difficult to differentiate between the good ICO and the bad ones who are out there to scam people.

I think the best thing to do is to create an agency whose work is to verify admin of ICOs and their team before any investor will make investment in their platform, so that if they decide to scam users, they will be caught immediately.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: