Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:56:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tokenization of real-world assets  (Read 458 times)
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:19:43 PM

This is a bad news for banks because they are the one who hold funds for this kind of activity and they get commission for every transaction done weather its a loss or a profit. Now, if tokenization would be materialized, people will now have an access to these exchanges without giving much information and restriction and it would do great to exchanges because more investors means healthier profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mcTether

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 01:57:19 PM

A news a while ago releases that DX. Exchange plans to offer digital versions of big U.S. stocks. Others believe that this is the beginning of the traditional market’s merge with blockchain technology but some people thinks about it in a negative way. What are your thoughts about this news?  Huh
This is exactly where the entire world is heading. Everything in this world is going to be merged into blockchain. Every traditional market and financial services will also be merged into blockchain.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:23:59 PM

A news a while ago releases that DX. Exchange plans to offer digital versions of big U.S. stocks. Others believe that this is the beginning of the traditional market’s merge with blockchain technology but some people thinks about it in a negative way. What are your thoughts about this news?  Huh
It will eventually become decentralized. I mean even the crypto exchanges have a middleman right now, there are some decentralized exchanges between people where there is no middleman but that is taking sometime. If it is taking sometime INSIDE the crypto space, it will be a while before we can have other investment options in decentralized sense.

All the above, it is a right step forward to be able to buy stocks and so forth with crypto so you can actually still keep your money in crypto while investing into other stuff. Right now stocks are very low due to the economical crisis but if people start to buy stuff with crypto there than they can win double, both when crypto increases in value and also when the stocks go up as well. Which means they will probably suggest that to others and we can get more hype around it.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:40:24 PM

Aren't stocks right now existing digitally? That is why if you are buying and selling you just execute your order in your online trading platform. If you are still thinking that we are still keeping stock certificates then you are wrong most of the investors here keep their stocks in their online portfolio. So I really don't get what you are saying here because stocks even commodities like gold exist digitally now. Also I don't think we need the Blockchain integration you are talking about because as of now the NYSE is heavily monitored by SEC which you know is always active on filing white collar crimes.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:14:26 PM

Can someone explain to me the benefit in doing this? How is it an improvement on the traditional system, it is not hard for people to currently buy or sell stocks. The only difference I can think of is the ledger but do people really want to see how many stocks others hold and when they're sold/bought/moved

The advantage would be to trade stocks even when the market is closed.
One more advantage would be to be able to buy USA stocks from anywhere in the world. If you live in a 3rd world countryy cannot buy USA stocks from here.

The disadvantages are obvious and are bigger than any advantage:
- you have to trust the third party who made the toekn really has those stocks backed up. Just like tether.
- legal problems, in case sec doesn't like this.

Yep, I started to grasp that from a few other responses but thank you nonetheless. It seems that there's going to be a huge number of difficulties to face for this to happen. I can't really see it happening unless a major established stock exchange or company do it themselves. We don't need another tether like situation to loom over an already precarious market.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 12:42:33 AM

Aren't stocks right now existing digitally? That is why if you are buying and selling you just execute your order in your online trading platform. If you are still thinking that we are still keeping stock certificates then you are wrong most of the investors here keep their stocks in their online portfolio. So I really don't get what you are saying here because stocks even commodities like gold exist digitally now.

trading stocks or gold is done digitally through an online broker, but you're limited to a handful of brokers and you're stuck with their fees/limits/requirements. in other words, you're stuck transacting through intermediaries. and there are often jurisdictional restrictions too---it can be difficult to buy foreign stocks.

tokenized assets can change that. they can be traded p2p globally via the blockchain 24 hours a day. tokens can be traded on a DEX, avoiding brokers entirely. investors can access markets they previously couldn't.

awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:30:05 AM

Can someone explain to me the benefit in doing this? How is it an improvement on the traditional system, it is not hard for people to currently buy or sell stocks. The only difference I can think of is the ledger but do people really want to see how many stocks others hold and when they're sold/bought/moved

The advantage would be to trade stocks even when the market is closed.
One more advantage would be to be able to buy USA stocks from anywhere in the world. If you live in a 3rd world countryy cannot buy USA stocks from here.

The disadvantages are obvious and are bigger than any advantage:
- you have to trust the third party who made the toekn really has those stocks backed up. Just like tether.
- legal problems, in case sec doesn't like this.

Yep, I started to grasp that from a few other responses but thank you nonetheless. It seems that there's going to be a huge number of difficulties to face for this to happen. I can't really see it happening unless a major established stock exchange or company do it themselves. We don't need another tether like situation to loom over an already precarious market.
I think it still takes a long time for the asset tokenization for many people, seeing the current development there are still many obstacles that must be overcome. it seems easy, but this will be difficult if it is not supported by the supporting elements of the development of tokenisation, so that it requires support from the parties concerned

shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 06:21:54 AM

This is a bad news for banks because they are the one who hold funds for this kind of activity and they get commission for every transaction done weather its a loss or a profit. Now, if tokenization would be materialized, people will now have an access to these exchanges without giving much information and restriction and it would do great to exchanges because more investors means healthier profit.

It will also encourage terrorist funding to which banks are always minded to follow a country's Anti-Money Laundering laws.

We should also expect more manipulation for the market if this happens.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:15:40 AM

it seems to me that the capitalists are piggybacking the fame of the said tech to garner more interest and support on their already-dying assets. This will be a hit, but once the hysteria fades, expect yet another gruesome correction and crash thereafter.
I believe we never need to bother about how blockchain technology will be helping them but we must look into how their initiatives will be helping crypto environment at least for promotional view. I mean to say this kind of adoption will help blockchain to be taken to more new people. That will help bitcoin to be adopted in wide-spread. I do see all kind of blockchain technology-based the developments as an indirect promotions for bitcoins.

Exchange plans to offer digital versions of big U.S. stocks. Others believe that this is the beginning of the traditional market’s merge with blockchain technology but some people thinks about it in a negative way. What are your thoughts about this news?  
How do you assume the digital version means it will be blockchain technology based ? Moreover I like to have any reference URL for their plans. It is always good practice to link us for any this kind of discussion. That will help to understand better the actual things rather than going for a discussion only based on your perspective view.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:15:24 PM

I think the biggest selling point of this idea would be the globalization. Even tough it is really difficult not to invest into anything worldwide when you have a lot of money, it is quite difficult to invest into stuff when you have just couple thousand dollars.

Someone from France investing into USA stocks at about 100-200 dollars capital would have a lot of hard time finding the right place to do so. With this technology just like how we managed to find a way to send each other 5 dollars for couple of cents transaction fee, it will be same for stocks, someone from south Africa sending 5 dollars to someone in Australia is incredibly easy in crypto whereas quite difficult in traditional systems.

Same applies here in stocks, someone from South Africa to buy stocks of an Australian company is quite hard right now, at least hard if you are not spending 25 thousand dollars, this way you can spend 25 dollars and get 3 stocks of an Australian company easily. Crypto and blockchain just makes globalization incredibly easy.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:10:26 AM

Tokenisation wouldn't mean much, in my opinion.

It's virtually the same as stocks being digitally traded, except there may be advantages in terms of using a blockchain to facilitate transactions, such as the immutability of the transactions. It's not perfectly trustless either, unlikely the real decentralised currencies. Coingecko breaks it down perfectly.

The only real advantage that I can see is if the tokenised shares can be traded on a decentralised platform, which could open up a global marketplace of trading shares without having to physically open an account overseas. That would be tremendously useful for global security traders, in my opinion. But even then, it would lead to a lot of compliance and regulatory considerations which means that it's probably going to be considered by a select few companies with special circumstances.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:57:45 AM

I think this development is contradictory. When blockchain technology is used in the stock market, there will be a lot of unemployed securities consultants, brokers are bankrupt. Meanwhile, blockchain technology will not be too helpful in trading because it is quite confusing.
I think crypto and the stock market should develop on its own path. It will make the world's economy better.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 03:39:41 PM

Tokenization of real-world assets would make every transaction faster and efficient, transparent, and liquid. This idea is good, but hasn't proven to be effective for large scale transactions. And for sure large scale transactions of tokenization will get the attention of the governments because of the economic impact of tokenization.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:45:46 PM

This is already happening especially if you are gambling loke poker game. The money now being replace with chips or tokens to be exchange to fiat if one will decide to wrap up playing games in gambling. Fortunately bitcoin was first of the kind token a digital token that could be replace or.substitue to money.

Wel just hoping that the digital tokens will br accepted in some areas where it will be needed.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 04:32:10 PM

Ya it has become trend, now developer are tokenising every assest which is wrong in my opinion.but for stock I would recommend that stock should come under a secure ledger and there should be less legalisation and more control rather than using other platform to hold and trade.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:52:22 PM

We don't need tokens, stocks have been digitalized already. I remember seeing stock certificates years ago, but nowadays trading cryptocurrencies or stocks on an online platform is exactly the same thing.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
netto7

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 06:29:27 PM

i don't think we ready for it.

maybe couple year we can  Tokenization evey real-world assets
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:31:20 PM

Whats the benefit of this? So you could trade NYSE stocks even if the market is close? Keep it real dude there is really no benefit on offering up stocks already existing in a regulated environment to a decentralize exchange. This stocks in the NYSE are like the backbone of USA's economy as they are also registered companies to US, the SEC won't allow any foreign body to play with their companies like a pump and dump coin. This would simply be catastrophic to their economy.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1170

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:39:19 PM

i don't think we ready for it.

maybe couple year we can  Tokenization evey real-world assets

Tokenization of real world assets is happening as we speak. Ready or not it`s started by advanced and far more developed countries than some third world countries. In my town people don`t know about bitcoin, tokenization for them is "out from space" term, how to even explain to many of them what is crypto. Nevertheless, digitalization is happening everywhere around, people can still avoid it, but not for long.
Nobody is waiting for weak and old, world is have direction and its digitalization, like I said, you can be ready for it, or not.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
hihelen

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:38:51 PM

Tokenization of real-world assets would make every transaction faster and efficient, transparent, and liquid. This idea is good, but hasn't proven to be effective for large scale transactions. And for sure large scale transactions of tokenization will get the attention of the governments because of the economic impact of tokenization.

The tokenization of everything will need a great number of laws and all the laws and law system should be tokenized too.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: