Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:56:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tokenization of real-world assets  (Read 458 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:29:01 AM

The only real advantage that I can see is if the tokenised shares can be traded on a decentralised platform, which could open up a global marketplace of trading shares without having to physically open an account overseas. That would be tremendously useful for global security traders, in my opinion. But even then, it would lead to a lot of compliance and regulatory considerations which means that it's probably going to be considered by a select few companies with special circumstances.

that's the ultimate value of tokenization---the ability to trade on secondary markets (including p2p, DEX) without directly dealing with the broker/issuer. one could avoid KYC or jurisdictional limitations, or even invest without access to formal banking.

the problem, as we're beginning to see with stablecoins like PAX, is that this can put the fungibility of tokens in jeopardy. token issuers can't stop people from freely using tokens like any other cryptocurrency, but they can hassle you when you try to redeem tokens and they can freeze your funds once you've deposited them for redemption. this will ostensibly be done for AML purposes. i'm curious to see how this all pans out over the next decade or so. it's a legal clusterfuck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benwarden

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 10:13:01 AM

It's hard to talk about anything now. Too little time has passed since it all started, it is still early. It seems to me that this path is inevitable. I don’t know whether this is good or bad, but the fact that in the future many spheres will switch to the block chain is for sure.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:54:16 AM

Even though financial institutions don't like the blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies they have started doing research for tokenization of assets and how this model can be applied to the real world. I am aware that the European Central Bank has an Innovation team which tries to shed light on tokenization and I believe that they send the correct message to the community for the mass adoption.
netto7

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:43:31 PM

i don't think we ready for it.

maybe couple year we can  Tokenization evey real-world assets

Tokenization of real world assets is happening as we speak. Ready or not it`s started by advanced and far more developed countries than some third world countries. In my town people don`t know about bitcoin, tokenization for them is "out from space" term, how to even explain to many of them what is crypto. Nevertheless, digitalization is happening everywhere around, people can still avoid it, but not for long.
Nobody is waiting for weak and old, world is have direction and its digitalization, like I said, you can be ready for it, or not.

my town people don't know about bitcoin too when say bitcoin everyone ask "what is it"

but some people know about crypto scam like bitconnect and greedy invest in it.  LOL!
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:01:09 AM

A news a while ago releases that DX. Exchange plans to offer digital versions of big U.S. stocks. Others believe that this is the beginning of the traditional market’s merge with blockchain technology but some people thinks about it in a negative way. What are your thoughts about this news?  Huh

I am believe blockchain will change our world. Blockchain offering a transparant ledger and make bussiness more efficient and company can saving a lot cost. I think tokenizing asset will happen in near future and people will more familiar with cryptocurrency and blockchain
Incodium Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 141
Merit: 1

API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 02:06:50 AM

The tokenization of real-world assets isn't a thing of the future, it's started already. More and more, we are seeing companies moving into cryptocurrency. Service provision companies lead the way, but companies providing goods are also picking up on the trend. If well structured, this process could actually by-pass stringent and sometimes stifling conditions of financial institutions to raise funds for expansion directly from investors.

INCODIUM, API-BASED SMART CONTRACT SOLUTION FOR EXCHANGE HACKING.
A risk management protocol that implements fast and accurate compensation functions on behalf of investors who are victims of an exchange hacking incident.

NOW LISTED ON: BITMART Exchange
                         : LaToken Exchange

INCO EVENT ON 7TH NOV. 2018 in Seoul, South Korea.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:03:52 AM

A news a while ago releases that DX. Exchange plans to offer digital versions of big U.S. stocks. Others believe that this is the beginning of the traditional market’s merge with blockchain technology but some people thinks about it in a negative way. What are your thoughts about this news?  Huh

Soon or later, tokenizing everything will happen. Like in financial system, if bonds or obligation issued by company with smart contract, i think it will saving a lot cost because they dont have use third party for underwriter and too much marketing. I am believe cryptocurrency will evolve

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌