Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:33:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Conjure Network - A Decentralized, Incentivized Content Platform  (Read 964 times)
RomanovAndrey1987 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:36:33 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptogbumper

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:55:27 PM

so what's the difference with Decent Network ?
Korehok

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 07:39:50 PM

I've heard that Conjure uses its unique mechanism to facilitate advertising, I'm interested to get acquainted with these algorithms!

E C O S T A R T | WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET
https://eco-start.com/
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 08:11:52 PM

I don't know English very well. But, judging by the sobs of various actors, it can be concluded that they don’t like YouTube. Not monetized?
maxconjure
Copper Member

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:59:30 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 02:25:10 AM by maxconjure

I don't know English very well. But, judging by the sobs of various actors, it can be concluded that they don’t like YouTube. Not monetized?

Yes, after hearing all the creator complaints on YouTube, I decided to launch my own channel back in late summer 2017. I spent a few months building it up, testing niches, and figuring out the best ways to reach users. It grew pretty quick - a subscriber base of around 16k subscribers. Much of what I learned has been extremely useful in the development and design of Conjure.

Ironically, my channel got demonetized a couple months ago. I hadn’t posted a video in over a year, but I tried my best to get the channel remonetized and go through that process the same as any other content creator would. It’s been a huge pain and YouTube has been of little help, so I can imagine how frustrating it is for full-time content creators who depend on the ad revenue.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:51:08 AM

You have token allocations of around 20% or 20 million of the total supply for rewards, so do those allocations include campaign or bounty programs? Are your MVP available?
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:46:01 AM

You have token allocations of around 20% or 20 million of the total supply for rewards, so do those allocations include campaign or bounty programs? Are your MVP available?

I think till now they didn't announce anything about the bounties, rewards will be treated here maybe they will share those with the people who hold their coins. Otherwise, we need to get updated information from the team whether they will announce any bounty campaign or not.
maxconjure
Copper Member

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:25:29 PM

You have token allocations of around 20% or 20 million of the total supply for rewards, so do those allocations include campaign or bounty programs?

Great question. So, the 20% "Rewards" allocation is an umbrella term (abbreviated in the graphic above to save room) that includes mainly 2 things: rewards for quality content contribution, and business development.

The business development portion includes amounts that will be used to pursue and build strategic partnerships, as well as conduct bounty and/or airdrop campaigns.

So to answer your question, yes, we have plans in the works for bounty or airdrop campaigns. We will be sharing more details in the near future, so be sure to join our Telegram, Twitter, or subscribe to our newsletter located on our website to stay updated!
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:43:44 PM

There are several content platforms already launched here in the forum like the buzzshow (they have the beta app already).
What would be your main advantage over them? You are aiming to raise a $3M-dollar soft cap to start this project?
I would say, that's more than enough to get you going.
Also, if you can release your alpha app before your main sale, that would be nice for the investors.
maxconjure
Copper Member

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 01:19:37 AM

There are several content platforms already launched here in the forum like the buzzshow (they have the beta app already).
What would be your main advantage over them? You are aiming to raise a $3M-dollar soft cap to start this project?
Also, if you can release your alpha app before your main sale, that would be nice for the investors.

Thanks for the feedback and questions, TimeTeller.

In response to the first portion of your reply, I agree with you and acknowledge the existence of other content platforms. Not only BuzzShow, but a handful of others that seek to address the issue of content monetization. But when looking at these projects collectively at face value, that's really the main benefit they plan to provide. Many seem to clone a YouTube or Instagram, slap blockchain on top of it, and say "here ya go!"

We see this as solving only half of the problem. The other half is the idea of content discovery - how users find content and creators.

Content discovery and content monetization are directly tied to one another; the former is how users find content, and the latter is how ads are placed on that content. Advertisers want to show their ads to people who are most likely to act upon them. How do existing content platforms accomplish this goal? They operate on traditional horizontal search technology - monetization is facilitated through centralized algorithms that allows the platform to place ads on content at a large scale. The system acts as a bridge between users and advertisers; it offers users a way to find this content (keyword inputs), and it offers advertisers a way to place ads on that content (keyword inputs).

Here's a simple example: a user visits YouTube and searches "best gaming PC builds" and selects a video from the page of returned results. A few minutes in, he is served an advertisement for NVIDIA's newest graphics card. YouTube need users to participate in the keyword-carousel of horizontal search, so they can feed them into their monetization system and generate ad revenue.

A platform that operates on this horizontal model of content discovery has a number of disadvantages. For one, it is extremely difficult to break through and gain traction as a new creator. Searching "gameplay" will return the same number of videos on the first page of results in 2019 as it did in 2010. However, the amount of content creators operating in the gaming niche is exponentially greater today. Content discovery remains static, while the content pool swells. With static discovery models like this, new entrants (creators) face a discouraging, uphill battle. They're much more likely to get buried than show up in a user's search results. This environment brings with it a number of problems, which only get worse with growth and age. How do new creators get discovered? How will users find new and interesting content?

So when other blockchain projects, that may seem similar to Conjure, seek to create a better alternative, they identify monetization as the key issue. This is true, however, they fail to capitalize on the new ecosystem they create as a byproduct of decentralizing monetization. By shedding reliance on centralized monetization, there's no longer an obligation to adhere to the outdated methods of content discovery - but these other projects do. They provide decentralized content monetization, while retaining centralized content discovery.

Conjure's Approach

So, we decided to not only solve the issue of monetization, but to capitalize on it and provide a new architecture for content discovery. To do this, we looked for classification systems that scale with the growth of information. Eventually, we began toying around with Linnaean Taxonomy. This system has been around for a few hundred years, and has successfully organized all life on Earth into a logical framework. No matter how diverse the organism, taxonomy can accommodate - from the gentle sunflower to the humpback whale.

We chose to take this structure and incorporate it within Conjure. Where Taxonomy sorts organisms based on characteristics, Conjure will sort content based on community. We took horizontal search model and applied vertical depth to it, providing specific communities and niches for creators to operate in. This provides room for new entrants, and specific places to find new content. To offset this vertical depth, we apply an aggregative structure, so no matter how specific a niche is, quality content can rise to greater audiences.

So, in summation, I would say that the difference between Conjure and the rest is a focus on new, superior methods of content discovery. I apologize for rambling on, but it really is an important question to answer - I hope all this gave you some insight on how we're unique!
maxconjure
Copper Member

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:13:00 PM

Are your MVP available?

We are currently finishing and polishing up the Conjure demo/prototype, we'll add it to the Conjure website in the next week or so. It focuses mostly on the unique UI/UX design of the Conjure platform. Once that is released, we will be taking the feedback from the community into consideration and using it to help build out the MVP.

All news related to development progress will be shared on our Telegram, Twitter, and all the other social media accounts, so follow us for updates!
eko manghas

Activity: 299
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:33:48 PM

in my opinion this project is very complete. forward and developing depending on their efforts. if it's run according to the road map, I'm sure this project will be very advanced
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:21:58 PM

Thanks for the feedback and questions, TimeTeller.

In response to the first portion of your reply, I agree with you and acknowledge the existence of other content platforms. Not only BuzzShow, but a handful of others that seek to address the issue of content monetization. But when looking at these projects collectively at face value, that's really the main benefit they plan to provide. Many seem to clone a YouTube or Instagram, slap blockchain on top of it, and say "here ya go!"

We see this as solving only half of the problem. The other half is the idea of content discovery - how users find content and creators.

Content discovery and content monetization are directly tied to one another; the former is how users find content, and the latter is how ads are placed on that content. Advertisers want to show their ads to people who are most likely to act upon them. How do existing content platforms accomplish this goal? They operate on traditional horizontal search technology - monetization is facilitated through centralized algorithms that allows the platform to place ads on content at a large scale. The system acts as a bridge between users and advertisers; it offers users a way to find this content (keyword inputs), and it offers advertisers a way to place ads on that content (keyword inputs).

Here's a simple example: a user visits YouTube and searches "best gaming PC builds" and selects a video from the page of returned results. A few minutes in, he is served an advertisement for NVIDIA's newest graphics card. YouTube need users to participate in the keyword-carousel of horizontal search, so they can feed them into their monetization system and generate ad revenue.

A platform that operates on this horizontal model of content discovery has a number of disadvantages. For one, it is extremely difficult to break through and gain traction as a new creator. Searching "gameplay" will return the same number of videos on the first page of results in 2019 as it did in 2010. However, the amount of content creators operating in the gaming niche is exponentially greater today. Content discovery remains static, while the content pool swells. With static discovery models like this, new entrants (creators) face a discouraging, uphill battle. They're much more likely to get buried than show up in a user's search results. This environment brings with it a number of problems, which only get worse with growth and age. How do new creators get discovered? How will users find new and interesting content?

So when other blockchain projects, that may seem similar to Conjure, seek to create a better alternative, they identify monetization as the key issue. This is true, however, they fail to capitalize on the new ecosystem they create as a byproduct of decentralizing monetization. By shedding reliance on centralized monetization, there's no longer an obligation to adhere to the outdated methods of content discovery - but these other projects do. They provide decentralized content monetization, while retaining centralized content discovery.

Conjure's Approach

So, we decided to not only solve the issue of monetization, but to capitalize on it and provide a new architecture for content discovery. To do this, we looked for classification systems that scale with the growth of information. Eventually, we began toying around with Linnaean Taxonomy. This system has been around for a few hundred years, and has successfully organized all life on Earth into a logical framework. No matter how diverse the organism, taxonomy can accommodate - from the gentle sunflower to the humpback whale.

We chose to take this structure and incorporate it within Conjure. Where Taxonomy sorts organisms based on characteristics, Conjure will sort content based on community. We took horizontal search model and applied vertical depth to it, providing specific communities and niches for creators to operate in. This provides room for new entrants, and specific places to find new content. To offset this vertical depth, we apply an aggregative structure, so no matter how specific a niche is, quality content can rise to greater audiences.

So, in summation, I would say that the difference between Conjure and the rest is a focus on new, superior methods of content discovery. I apologize for rambling on, but it really is an important question to answer - I hope all this gave you some insight on how we're unique!

Thank you so much for the very clear explanation.
Now, you have to sell that to all the content creators out there. They need to see the benefits of your platform at a glance.
I know you can't get them on board so fast. But word of mouth is a very good marketing tool.
You should develop your platform fast and expose it to as many creators as you can.
maxconjure
Copper Member

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:52:27 PM

Thank you so much for the very clear explanation.
Now, you have to sell that to all the content creators out there. They need to see the benefits of your platform at a glance.
I know you can't get them on board so fast. But word of mouth is a very good marketing tool.
You should develop your platform fast and expose it to as many creators as you can.

Yeah, working directly with content creators is a big component of our marketing plans. It will be a mix of targeting both Token Sale participants and content creators.

What we've learned from other projects who have dabbled in this area, is that they actually seem to "scare off" a lot of creators because of the complexity of their product and pitch - many content creators aren't all that familiar with the concepts of cryptocurrency and blockchain. We want the Conjure product to reach both the crypto community and the creator community. This is something we focus on with the demo we're finishing up as well, which is meant to show more of the unique UI/UX design of Conjure.
dzkrb

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:31:43 PM

The question is the following. Don't you think that there are a lot of marketing and advertising platforms? When there are too many of them, they lose their meaning. How to overcome the immunity from excessive advertising in the inhabitant?

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
maxconjure
Copper Member

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 11:26:33 PM

The question is the following. Don't you think that there are a lot of marketing and advertising platforms? When there are too many of them, they lose their meaning. How to overcome the immunity from excessive advertising in the inhabitant?

Thanks for the question, dzkrb. Help me understand your question a little better.

Are you talking about the excessive amount of advertising on the web and content platforms?
And how the more and more advertisements a person views, the less effective they are?
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 03:18:55 AM

You have token allocations of around 20% or 20 million of the total supply for rewards, so do those allocations include campaign or bounty programs?

Great question. So, the 20% "Rewards" allocation is an umbrella term (abbreviated in the graphic above to save room) that includes mainly 2 things: rewards for quality content contribution, and business development.

The business development portion includes amounts that will be used to pursue and build strategic partnerships, as well as conduct bounty and/or airdrop campaigns.

So to answer your question, yes, we have plans in the works for bounty or airdrop campaigns. We will be sharing more details in the near future, so be sure to join our Telegram, Twitter, or subscribe to our newsletter located on our website to stay updated!

Wonderful I know about the bounty planning, your project will get more awareness when people start spreading the word about your project but one thing makes me convinced is because you project is being launched under NEO blockchain which will get huge applause from the community.
maxconjure
Copper Member

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:36:44 PM

Wonderful I know about the bounty planning, your project will get more awareness when people start spreading the word about your project but one thing makes me convinced is because you project is being launched under NEO blockchain which will get huge applause from the community.

Yeah, NEO has many strengths - one of them being a very enthusiastic and engaged community. It's still early days for marketing the Conjure project, and our Private Presale begins in a few weeks, but we're grateful to be part of such a wonderful community.

We will also have a couple of our guys at the NEO DevCon next month, so if you're around, stop by and say hello!
naran0093
Copper Member

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:52:06 PM

Looks very interesting. I had a similar experience with Youtube.
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:59:31 PM

Yes, after hearing all the creator complaints on YouTube, I decided to launch my own channel back in late summer 2017. I spent a few months building it up, testing niches, and figuring out the best ways to reach users. It grew pretty quick - a subscriber base of around 16k subscribers. Much of what I learned has been extremely useful in the development and design of Conjure.

Ironically, my channel got demonetized a couple months ago. I hadn’t posted a video in over a year, but I tried my best to get the channel remonetized and go through that process the same as any other content creator would. It’s been a huge pain and YouTube has been of little help, so I can imagine how frustrating it is for full-time content creators who depend on the ad revenue.

And yet, I believe that there should be alternative YouTube channels. They began to restrict the authors of the video too much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: